Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Based on what? Wishful thinking? The green lobby aren’t going to disappear with independence 

And they shouldn't. 

The reality is though, they aren't very popular. Most people, anecdotally or analytically, view them as a fringe party. 

Again, as someone who votes for them, I can't see a way they have any meaningful power in an independent Scotland. They've got more power now than they would if we got Indy. 

9 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

Funny how you've popped up on a football forum.

Just as a new referendum campaign is launched.

You don't like to be truthful about the shortcomings of the government you claim to not support the party of government whilst calling the leader queen Nicola.

You call people pejorative terms.

You are just a bit of a dick really.

But you try to dress up your hatred and bigotry with anecdotal tales of English friends and family and so on.

Live under a bridge much these days.

Thanks for that reply .

13 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

As for criticising the Tories, take your pick from a liar and cunt of a PM and his cabinet, PPE scandal, track and trace debacle, appalling immigration policy, Brexit, cash for honours, sleaze etc.

Where is your list of criticism of the SNP?

I don't vote SNP because of many things including giving millions to the Scottish press who spend all their time pulling Scotland/SNPdown

Another reason is the freaks who are pushing Gender Ideologies 

Lack of movement on at least 5 mandates for independence 

We need to be more hardline imo

But as said above no point going over and over the same shit to people who are set in their ways so i am out till something new happens

More chance going round doors being an activist 

14 hours ago, milne_afc said:

In the case of Independence, SNP cease to exist. Oil will outlast them.

Hmmm, their main policy certainly has gone but I don't see them just disbanding. I've always thought that they'll brand themselves as the true left wing party successors to what Labour used to be but hasn't since the days of Neil Kinnock and beyond....even Corbyn couldn't get them back to those days. However they might in doing so end up suffering what essentially cost Kinnock his chance to be PM by allowing the more radical left wingers nearly a free rein to do as they like in local government. I can't see the Scottish Tories ever governing an independent Scotland but I'd expect Scottish Labour to win power within 10 years 

SNPs Sheppard is seeking a crowd funder for the results of a secret poll by that do what they like London government on the results of a secret union polling case which they stole

tax payers money to fund it .

They've been hiding the results for a few years now .

Like they do other stuff.

I'm digging deep for this one.?

17 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

SNPs Sheppard is seeking a crowd funder for the results of a secret poll by that do what they like London government on the results of a secret union polling case which they stole

tax payers money to fund it .

They've been hiding the results for a few years now .

Like they do other stuff.

I'm digging deep for this one.?

Thomas Tusser had it spot on ?

" bankrupt within 5 years of gaining independence " the Irishmen told me. I wonder where we would get our bailout from ? England - no , you've made your bed and can lie in it. EU , well mmm you're not a full member yet , the Spanish keep blocking you , so no. America ? Yes , but didn't an American put money into a Scottish football club and it doesn't seem to be going well so far. Just fishing guys.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, Betty Swallicks said:

tbh voting SNP in a general election is pretty fucking pointless if your then going to moan about The Tories for 4 years.

SNP is the only sensible thing to vote for in a general election if you live in Scotland. Political parties care only about winning elections and it is a well worn phrase that to win a general election you "need to win middle England" (wherever the fuck that actually is). Therefore that's what the main national parties target; pleasing "middle England". SNP whether you want independence or not only give a fuck about getting stuff for Scotland. I live in Scotland so that gets my vote.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BitWait said:

I think independence is inevitable in indeyref 2. A lot of older people who voted no , will not be voting this time round being replaced by younger voters who have grown up with the SNP and will probably vote yes. I will vote no. 

So aren't you worried about your pension, if the young folk don't get indy and leave Scotland instead?

Nothing much has changed here, it's just virtue signalling (albeit very expensive) from the SNP leadership. The devil is in the detail, because Sturgeon has reiterated time and again that she is going the Section 30 order route. Rational thinking people generally agree that Johnson - and indeed any UK PM - will not acquiesce to this (Cameron only agreed because he thought it would be a walkover AND kill the issue stone dead indefinitely) as they don't want to go down in history as the leader who lost the UK. No, what will happen, is that the Murrell Mafia will go cap in hand, then when it is inevitably refused outright, another grievance campaign will begin and yet another yellow-gilded Krankie Karrot (AKA "jist wan mair mandate, pretty please?!") dangled, just in time for the Westminster election in 2024... which will return another Tory PM, followed by another in 2029, barring a miracle.

Conversely, I think there is a very real chance of a referendum being granted on a United Ireland before 2030 and will bet anything that the establishment won't fight anywhere near as hard to keep NI in the UK as they will Scotland. Discerning minds may make of this disparity what they will.

• Upvote 2