Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, patrick bateman said:

Please don't tell me he thinks he's clever.

I don’t care for your tone. You’re a disruptive influence on what was once a harmonious community of MAWM.

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s about the 5th time you’ve tried to encourage other posters to block me you sad cunt. 
All because I wiped the floor with you and you couldn’t handle it. Get a grip. ?

He's having a hard time of it on here. Another wee break needed, I'd suggest. 

Courts will take time to decide if the referendum is legal, then allow time for any appeal, then take time to canvas support etc - there is a few things that will need sorting out if the referendum does vote to leave the UK - and  then, if it does, there will also be a time lag to get that done. 

As for Strugeon showcasing,  she is as vain as the next politician

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Well, see what the Court's say about the legalities, if it is accepted then another Indy Vote on 19th October 2023 - if the vote is allowed the best thing for the Nats would be still having Boris in Nr 10!

Genuine question; 

Why are people who think Scotland would be better off independent, nats?

Yet, pro union, folks who like being British, aren't nationalists? 

Is it not just two different types of nationalism? Most folk you see online who oppose Indy, aren't shy with a Union Jack or two. 

Something I've never understood 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Genuine question; 

Why are people who think Scotland would be better off independent, nats?

Yet, pro union, folks who like being British, aren't nationalists? 

Is it not just two different types of nationalism? Most folk you see online who oppose Indy, aren't shy with a Union Jack or two. 

Something I've never understood 

What does the N is SNP stand for?

Your point would make sense if they were solely against the BNP.

10 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Oct 2023?!?!

FFS!

16 months of tedious shite then a result which will be disputed and debated for months more.

:suicide:

Not looking forward to the undoubted controversies. 

Can see a Catalonia type situation on the horizon. 

The reality is, she has a mandate. That's undisputed. 

She has the same level of mandate to deliver independence for Scotland as WM had with Brexit. 

They'll pull out all the stops to delegitimise this. They know with that pasty, pink gorilla in no.10 they are weak. 

The left wing, and indeed the right wing need to sell it as a "pro independence, anti SNP" type situation, otherwise it's going nowhere. 

For some reason people really struggle to grasp the fact they can vote out the SNP upon independence, and actually have a higher chance of doing so in an independent Scotland. 

The unionist parties up here are absolutely at the point of no return. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

She has the same level of mandate to deliver independence for Scotland as WM had with Brexit. 

They'll pull out all the stops to delegitimise this. They know with that pasty, pink gorilla in no.10 they are weak. 

The left wing, and indeed the right wing need to sell it as a "pro independence, anti SNP" type situation, otherwise it's going nowhere. 

For some reason people really struggle to grasp the fact they can vote out the SNP upon independence, and actually have a higher chance of doing so in an independent Scotland. 

There you have it. 

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Well, see what the Court's say about the legalities, if it is accepted then another Indy Vote on 19th October 2023 - if the vote is allowed the best thing for the Nats would be still having Boris in Nr 10!

I always find it interesting that it's don't vote one way because of Nicola Sturgeon or Alex Salmond in 2014 yet it's.

Vote for independence cos Boris is a wank.

Jumping through hoops to justify a position.

Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

You're going off at a tangent again min. 

Being nationalistic isn't reserved to Scottish Independence voters, tho. That's my point. 

From the POV of unionists it's; 

Scottish nationalism= Bad 

British Nationalism= fine

And vice versa for independence folk 

Alba and the Greens are independence parties, folk vote for them, are their voters not nationalists because the parties don't have the word 'national' in the name? 

Don't get your point. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Being nationalistic isn't reserved to Scottish Independence voters, tho. That's my point. 

From the POV of unionists it's; 

Scottish nationalism= Bad 

British Nationalism= fine

And vice versa for independence folk 

Alba and the Greens are independence parties, folk vote for them, are their voters not nationalists because the parties don't have the word 'national' in the name? 

Don't get your point. 

Conspiracy Theory (1997) - IMDb

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Can you point to the mandate?

Cos I think you'll find that it is very much disputed by many parties in Scotland.

If the snp hold a referendum that is not legally binding, it will be carnage, as the independence side would win a huge majority on a smaller turnout by far than 2014.

The messaging will be don't vote in this from those who oppose separation.

Never really understood the reluctance to use separatist, always sounds cool when attached to Basques and eta.(terrorist tho they are) 

• Haha 1