Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Except they didn’t 

SNP have 23 more seats than the closest competitor, Scot Tories. If you want to be technical, independence parties have 25 more seats than the closest party, Scot Tories. 

Are you advocating for political reform? 

Edit;

Are Labour and Conservative the same party now? In Scotland anyway? Does everyone who wants Indy vote for the SNP? And does everyone who wants UK vote lab/Con? 

Hard to know. WhT we do know is, Labour and Conservatives combined for roughly the same votes as the Scottish national party. 

Mandate indeed

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

You're a disgusting, fat, bigoted cunt. 

Hopefully your next coronary is your last. 

Tut tut mr nice guy shining through again. Second time in a few days you’ve wished death on another poster 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

I'd put money on beachend croaking before then. 

Not exactly the picture of health yourself judging by that cringe pic version 1 posted. I sehs yer a fat cunt 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

SNP have 23 more seats than the closest competitor, Scot Tories. If you want to be technical, independence parties have 25 more seats than the closest party, Scot Tories. 

Are you advocating for political reform? 

“If the majority of Scot’s vote for a party that want independence that’s a mandate”

Your words, didn’t happen, end of your argument. Guten tag Herr Consi

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Tut tut mr nice guy shining through again. Second time in a few days you’ve wished death on another poster 

Not exactly the picture of health yourself judging by that cringe pic version 1 posted. I sehs yer a fat cunt 

I don't care if you think I'm nice or not. 

CS is a danger. BB is a fucking nasty cunt. I don't care what happens to either of these folk. 

And I was about 11.5 stone in that pic. 

I wouldn't say that's fat, but you think what you like

Just now, NEM said:

“If the majority of Scot’s vote for a party that want independence that’s a mandate”

Your words, didn’t happen, end of your argument. Guten tag Herr Consi

How do you know they didn't? 

Pb made a good point, we don't know.

In any case, the amount of seats won= mandate.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Changing the goal posts cause you were talking shite. Quelle surprise ?

I was talking shite there. The SNP didn't get the majority of votes. 

IMO they still have a mandate to go and deliver Indy. 

The same way the WM Tories had a mandate to do all their heinous shit.

It can't be one but not the other. 

Two different approaches. 

Yours is to reject everything you don't understand/is different to you. 

Mines is to reject people who take that POV. 

Go on then fuckin reject me.  You can't can you?  You're ego won't let you.  You enjoy your assumed intellectual, moral and ethical superiority too much for that.  You convince no cunt.

No doubt I'll hear from you shortly.  Spineless fuck all tied in a knot that you are.

2 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Go on then fuckin reject me.  You can't can you?  You're ego won't let you.  You enjoy your assumed intellectual, moral and ethical superiority too much for that.  You convince no cunt.

No doubt I'll hear from you shortly.  Spineless fuck all tied in a knot that you are.

You are ego won't let you ?

If a political party is voted into power for over a decade, in the parliamentary systems used, they have a fuckin mandate. That's indisputable. Simply put. 

It's a mandate if it's the UK gov, so it's a mandate if it's the Scottish government. 

I don't see any unionist parties asking for reform? Why do you think that is? 

How can you criticise ScotGov as a non functioning democracy, but hope that Scotland stays in the UK, where our democratic interests are categorically not represented? Like it's not even up for debate, it's less democratic for Scotland to be in the UK, than it would be to leave. 

It's like you're not living in the same country as the rest of us. 

Let's start with the assumption of my voting intention.

You've made one.

Honestly, it's akin to trying to punch fog talking to you, it's like you wilfully ignore what's said and make up your own reality.

Let's clarify

You said the mandate was undisputable.

I showed how it could be disputed.

You said the majority of Scots voted for pro Indy parties

They demonstrably didn't.

You said well having a parliamentary majority is the same thing.

It's not.

I have a couple of questions for you:

If a party gets elected with a manifesto and over the course of the parliamentary term do not deliver every election promise contained within it, can I sue for breach of contract?

Can you tell me the last time an snp msp voted against the Scottish government in parliament?

5 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Let's start with the assumption of my voting intention.

You've made one.

Honestly, it's akin to trying to punch fog talking to you, it's like you wilfully ignore what's said and make up your own reality.

Let's clarify

You said the mandate was undisputable.

I showed how it could be disputed.

You said the majority of Scots voted for pro Indy parties

They demonstrably didn't.

You said well having a parliamentary majority is the same thing.

It's not.

I have a couple of questions for you:

If a party gets elected with a manifesto and over the course of the parliamentary term do not deliver every election promise contained within it, can I sue for breach of contract?

Can you tell me the last time an snp msp voted against the Scottish government in parliament?

1.) where have I assumed your voting intention? It's pretty clear you're going to vote no, tbf. 

2.) IMO the mandate can't be disputed. You can dispute everything, if you wanted. There are people that think the Earth is flat. You'd be as well saying "we can't say anything ever is for certain" which is fair enough. Just say that, tho. 

3.) Yeah. Was speaking shite there. 

4.) If not getting the majority of voters works for WM for their mandates, can work the same for Scotland. 

5.) No, you can't sue, but that doesn't change the face they are entitled to press ahead with what they promised, whether or not you like it. 

When was the last time Scotland voted for a Tory PM?

When exactly did Scotland vote to leave the EU? Despite being told countless times that it would happen with Indy. Who can we sue for that? 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

No chance you can claim that.

You made a cunt of it.

Apologise and we move on.

This thread has turned nuts. I'm out. B99 and bed. Sorted. Living the life.

It was a fuckin' typo.  Big fuckin' deal.  That's all he has, jumpin' on trivial shite like that.  Nothin' a straight fingers to the throat wouldn't quickly sort as my dad once said to me.

Apologise? ?? Never apologise?  It's a sign of weakness don't yeh ken?

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

1.) where have I assumed your voting intention? It's pretty clear you're going to vote no, tbf. 

2.) IMO the mandate can't be disputed. You can dispute everything, if you wanted. There are people that think the Earth is flat. You'd be as well saying "we can't say anything ever is for certain" which is fair enough. Just say that, tho. 

3.) Yeah. Was speaking shite there. 

4.) If not getting the majority of voters works for WM for their mandates, can work the same for Scotland. 

5.) No, you can't sue, but that doesn't change the face they are entitled to press ahead with what they promised, whether or not you like it. 

When was the last time Scotland voted for a Tory PM?

When exactly did Scotland vote to leave the EU? Despite being told countless times that it would happen with Indy. Who can we sue for that? 

Did you mean fact per chance?

11 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

This is a recurring theme with you. How many times have you apologised for talking pish in the last few days?

At least I apologise for it. 

I think twice.

Difficult to keep up and articulate accurately when there's about 7 folk coming at you. I'm happy to correct my mistakes when and where I make them. 

Im only human, after all

Just now, CCB III said:

"I don't need the other side of it."

That should genuinely make any opinion you have on here null and void. 

Youre admitting you reach conclusions about things without truly considering both sides. 

That's a madness fam

You’d know all about that. 

We’ve already been through this several times you boring cunt, I don’t need to listen to the other side when it’s demonstrable nonsense.

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

You’d know all about that. 

We’ve already been through this several times you boring cunt, I don’t need to listen to the other side when it’s demonstrable nonsense.

Is it demonstrable though?

Like I say, many people far more qualified than you on the topic of sex/gender wouldn't say so. 

In fact we're only just starting to understand it more and more now. 

Unless of course, you're saying you know more than these people who study it for a living? 

When did you get your doctorate? 

"Science> feelings"

Is an interesting quip, because it's actually thanks to "science" that people are able to transition, take hormones, blockers whatever. 

So actually science ? feelings 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Is it demonstrable though?

Like I say, many people far more qualified than you on the topic of sex/gender wouldn't say so. 

In fact we're only just starting to understand it more and more now. 

Unless of course, you're saying you know more than these people who study it for a living? 

When did you get your doctorate? 

"Science> feelings"

Is an interesting quip, because it's actually thanks to "science" that people are able to transition, take hormones, blockers whatever. 

So actually science ? feelings 

A tiny minority of “experts” most likely with an agenda (who can’t answer what a woman is) may disagree with me, their opinion doesn’t hold over the vast majority who can see the emperors new clothes bullshit for what it is.