Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

I gave it 2 minutes. 

I didn't like it. 

He doesn't look black enough to be believable, like hes just saying formulatic words that wiggers will lap up. 

Im not dead against the genre, ive paid money to see Cypress Hill x 2, Public Enemy and Ice MF T in the wonderful 1990s.

Black Sunday is amazing. 16 year old smoking the bong listening to "Hits from the bong" is probably the happiest I've ever been.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Black Sunday is amazing. 16 year old smoking the bong listening to "Hits from the bong" is probably the happiest I've ever been.

Inhale....... Exhale

Just got an ounce in the mail. 

While puffing the reefers, wonderful times. 

Do young cunts just smoke on their own tapping messages to mates on the phone, id imagine so. Skinning up in a piss drenched blustery alley is a skill of the past. 

1 minute ago, cheesepipes said:

Inhale....... Exhale

Do young cunts just smoke on their own tapping messages to mates on the phone, id imagine so. Skinning up in a piss drenched blustery alley is a skill of the past. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Cunts all use vapes and that now as well.

We're going to hell in a handcart

2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Inhale....... Exhale

Pulling rockets in Asda cubbie was our thing...no longer possible due to the cubbie being filled in. Sad times. 

RIP Asda cubby. 

• 2 weeks later...
www.thecourier.co.uk

JIM SPENCE: Why the party's over for Scottish independence supporters like me

5 - 7 minutes

I’m beginning to think Scottish independence is a busted flush.

“The things that all of us thought were possible in 2014 or 2017, we can no longer hold to these things”, Nicola Sturgeon told BBC Scotland’s Glenn Campbell in an interview last week.

She was talking about her U turn on the Cambo oilfield.

But her change of mind, on something she believed passionately in just those few years ago, might have echoes for those of us wondering if the same mindset applies to Scottish independence.

I suspect I’m not alone in thinking the party is almost over for independence hopes-  and that holding to them is now no longer as important to some folk as it was.

CO_Weekly-Opinion-Quote-graphics_Jim-Spe

If the movement can’t command a substantial lead in the polls at this stage, despite a sleaze mired Conservative government, it never will.

The most recent polls, even those conducted by independence backers, suggest support is slipping away.

Nicola Sturgeon’s position that a second referendum, which she hopes to hold in 2023, is Covid-dependent looks to me like carrot-dangling.

Conspiracy theorists think the First Minister has been seduced by the British establishment.

I think it’s much simpler than that.

She knows she can’t deliver independence.

With no guarantee of EU membership, huge uncertainty over our future financial position, and in a world dramatically changed by Covid, not enough folk are prepared to risk everything they’ve worked a lifetime for.

SNP priorities don’t speak to voters like me

Speaking as one who stopped voting Labour and switched to the SNP after Margaret Thatcher’s third successive victory, hoping we could create a fairer country, I now find myself ambivalent.

The SNP has become distracted by transgender issues and other minority interest matters which don’t affect the bulk of the population.

Their deification of the EU also sticks in the craw of those who regard that institution as a bastion of self-interest and hypocrisy which discriminates against those who aren’t members of their club.

Preaching freedom of movement for cheap fruit pickers from Eastern Europe, living in lousy conditions on miserable wages in draughty caravans, made many Scottish indy liberal types feel very virtuous.

How do those high principled folk now deal with the sight of desperate faces pressed against Polish border razor wire fences, seeking refuge from war, hunger, and poverty, and facing a wall of guns to block their path to the prosperous EU?

They remain silent.

The current polls showing diminishing support for independence leave many in the SNP wrestling with a problem.

They’re the ones who are making a good living from continuing to preach indy knowing they have no power to deliver a second referendum.

How do they maintain their lifestyles and keep their supporters on board, without them catching on that the ball is not only on the slates, but burst?

Scottish independence is the loser in this state of limbo

Beside an SNP with no clear route map to independence is a UK Labour party, struggling to establish what it stands for.

Taken together it looks like we’re condemned to limbo in Scotland.

And the only winners, despite their sleaze and slime, will be the Tories.

If Boris can sweeten the stench of corruption infecting his party he’ll be riding high again.

And if he can’t, the Tories are ruthless enough to know that by ditching the Eton mess he’s created, they’re still favourites for the next election.

There’s little we can do about it in Scotland and Nicola Sturgeon, I suspect, knows it.

The Tories are already revving up their tanks to roll over the Nationalist lawn with a series of measures to bypass Holyrood and give direct funding to local councils.

2.61012699-e1626597978499-940x564.jpg Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the man many are tipping to succeed him, chancellor Rishi Sunak.

That’s a good thing by the way.

I’m in favour of the Old Catholic social teaching principle of subsidiarity which insists that bigger institutions in society shouldn’t unduly interfere with smaller local institutions.

Power being decentralised from London and Edinburgh is a fine thing in my book.

But with a potential winter of discontent looming and the Scottish government being challenged on everything from hospital waiting times to shipbuilding disasters, the independence fizz has gone flat.

Tories look like winners, while Scottish independence supporters lose out

Boris’s popularity may be fading fast, but the Tories still hold a huge majority.

Along with the capture of the Red wall in Northern England, I suspect around a quarter of Scots who are traditional unionists and conservatives will also back them.

shutterstock_editorial_10526627g.jpg_374 All Under One Banner march through the centre of Glasgow to protest against London rule and Brexit last January. Photo: Stewart Kirby/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

I think the Tories understand human nature better than other parties.

The urge to take care of yourself and your family matters more than flags and dewy eyed guff about a 14th century Mafioso called Robert the Bruce.

Many may now wonder if that self interest is also the main driving force behind the power brokers in the SNP who seem assured of continued berths at Holyrood.

Meantime others in the indy movement are wondering whether some of those SNP MPs in Westminster are there to settle down instead of being there to settle up.

JIM SPENCE: A fish supper and a motorbike – I didn’t see that coming

• Upvote 3

Spence is on the money. Sturgeon,and her obsession with identity politics and nanny state micro management, has driven a lot of former supporters away (myself included). The SNP have gone backwards under her leadership, and there's no chance of independence being achieved anytime soon. Labour are no longer a credible force, so we can look forward to being ruled by Tories from London for many years to come. Quite a depressing thought. (If you give it much thought, which I try not to anymore). Fuck them all 

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Why?

Patrick Jarvie’s statement over 12 months ago when he stated “if you have a job in Oil and Gas, better get another job” for one.

Aye, as if over 100,000 who work in O&G can suddenly switch over to another job at the drop of a hat.

Boy’s a fucking clown who now can influence Scottish Government policies purely so that Sturgeon has the Greens support for Indyref 2.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Patrick Jarvie’s statement over 12 months ago when he stated “if you have a job in Oil and Gas, better get another job” for one.

Aye, as if over 100,000 who work in O&G can suddenly switch over to another job at the drop of a hat.

Boy’s a fucking clown who now can influence Scottish Government policies purely so that Sturgeon has the Greens support for Indyref 2.

I mean, O and G has had decades now to try start moving people/retraining people to be well versed in renewable energy. The fact is they've slowed down that process/put it off because there is still money to be made. 

Fossil fuels are no longer viable, we should be looking to make them obsolete as quickly as possible. That's the reality. 

Do I think a Thatcher style industry change is a good idea? No, and I wouldn't back that. 

Do I think O/G has had long enough to try make the changes necessary? Aye, and the fact they haven't is the industry's own fault. Harvie is just about the only MSP I agree with on most things. 

Sturgeon has a brass neck right enough to cuddle up the Greens considering the last economic plan for independence was heavily based on the oil industry. 

• Site Sponsor
5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I mean, O and G has had decades now to try start moving people/retraining people to be well versed in renewable energy. The fact is they've slowed down that process/put it off because there is still money to be made. 

Fossil fuels are no longer viable, we should be looking to make them obsolete as quickly as possible. That's the reality. 

Do I think a Thatcher style industry change is a good idea? No, and I wouldn't back that. 

Do I think O/G has had long enough to try make the changes necessary? Aye, and the fact they haven't is the industry's own fault. Harvie is just about the only MSP I agree with on most things. 

Sturgeon has a brass neck right enough to cuddle up the Greens considering the last economic plan for independence was heavily based on the oil industry. 

Dearie me.

Says it all, an annoying, sad little man who is full of wind (pun intended) who opens his mouth and let’s his belly rumble.

• Haha 2