Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Dons79 said:

uses a 2000 year old joke book as a reference to live a good life?. Doesn’t really make sense that.

least he has the rapture to look forward to.

Careful now, you are not on solid ground when the 2000 yr old joke book is more in tune with reality than the best secular society can offer.

For example, the Bible states that we are created Male and Female, which (of course) science bears out.  Yet the BBC claims there are over 100 genders.  Look at the standards in Holyrood, where they cant define what a woman is, where they talk of men with vaginas and of pregnant men.  Secular society is too stupid to even grasp how stupid it is.

Note that the Bible isn't the "be all and end all" (we are not protestants) and there are 2,000 years of experience and tradition to inform our views also.

And 'the rapture' isn't actually a Christian belief - its a modern protestant heresy, emanating (I believe) from American evangelicals. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Careful now, you are not on solid ground when the 2000 yr old joke book is more in tune with reality than the best secular society can offer.

For example, the Bible states that we are created Male and Female, which (of course) science bears out.  Yet the BBC claims there are over 100 genders.  Look at the standards in Holyrood, where they cant define what a woman is, where they talk of men with vaginas and of pregnant men.  Secular society is too stupid to even grasp how stupid it is.

Note that the Bible isn't the "be all and end all" (we are not protestants) and there are 2,000 years of experience and tradition to inform our views also.

And 'the rapture' isn't actually a Christian belief - its a modern protestant heresy, emanating (I believe) from American evangelicals. 

:laughing:

good point, well made 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Henry said:

30 Euros an hour is an incredible bargain for a good spark/plumber 

I was quoting the bare minimum. In the major cities like Dublin and Cork, it's considerably more. My point was made to CS regarding his comments about doctors' fees; in Eire 50 Euros is pocket change even to the working class. For all its many flaws (and there are many, particularly the property bubble and homelessness) the RoI trounces the North economically, despite the latter having had a huge head start a century ago. 

As it stands, I see no reason to waver from my years-long predictions that not only is Scotland no closer to independence under the Murrell dynasty's leadership , but there will likely be a United Ireland before an independent Scotland. 

Incidentally, a United Ireland may actually make independence harder for Scotland, as a lot of Norn Iron Huns may relocate to our west coast, bolstering the loyalist demographic and emboldening Hun belligerence. Between that and the continued immigration (of largely metropolitan lefties) the SNP insist on, the NO vote won't be short of entrenched volunteers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Vile, fat, pie and mash munching English bloke in a green dress with a Scottish accent and a womans name calls Sturgo racist.  LOL.  

6 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Vile, fat, pie and mash munching English bloke in a green dress with a Scottish accent and a womans name calls Sturgo racist.  LOL.  

"Lived in London for a larger part of my life than in Scotland."

So, shut up then. You don't live here. It won't impact you. 

All these types should STFU. 

Seriously, just STFU. 

Had to laugh at the Tories describing the Referendum plan as "potentially illegal".

I guess they want to distinguish it from their Rwanda deportation plan ("almost-certainly-illegal"), their Northern Ireland Protocol plan ("completely-fucking-illegal") and their Partygate partying plan ("126-police-fines-already-handed-out-you-prattling-vomiting-cunts-illegal").

• Haha 2
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
45 minutes ago, CCB III said:

"Lived in London for a larger part of my life than in Scotland."

So, shut up then. You don't live here. It won't impact you. 

All these types should STFU. 

Seriously, just STFU. 

Absolute clip of her to go on telly looking like that and start saying "look.. it's like this...'  with great confidence...

Overfed, under sexed and out of touch with the land of her birth.

Sturgo is in shape, munches down on some fine rug every night of the week and kens the script.

Fuck the guffs indeed.

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Independence won't happen , too many Guffs and huns up here now. Meh 

I'm betting the other way.

I was looking at the history of the independence movement, and the demographic has been going one way and one way only in this country since long before I was born.

In late 60s / early 70s, the SNP could barely afford to field candidates, and would regularly lose their deposit when they did. Then they finally won a seat. Then they won some more. Eventually devolution became a thing. They won the right to have a referendum. Their opponents skewed the referendum, and the vote was lost. Then they had a second referendum, and won. Then there was a Scottish parliament run by Labour. Then the SNP managed to form a coalition govt. Then they managed to govern on their own. Eventually they won the right to hold a referendum on full independence. They lost, after some desperate last-minute promises by the UK establishment (that were never fulfilled). They lost, but not by much.

I think it will be like the devolution referendum. They will win the second one. ?

I will vote for it. I'm not a huge SNP fan as such, but I think it would be really energising for Scotland, and I'm tired of the tossers we have in government in Westminster.

• Upvote 6