Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

I think it will be like the devolution referendum. They will win the second one. ?

I will vote for it. I'm not a huge SNP fan as such, but I think it would be really energising for Scotland, and I'm tired of the tossers we have in government in Westminster.

^ This.

Not a fan of the SNP but will vote (again) for independence as while the SNP have held power since 2011 and some of the services that they control are under performing, I would rather Scotland is run by Scottish based parties and people and not the out of touch bunch of wankers in Westminster (all parties included in that statement).

Independence may very well be "really energising" as you state, but anyone thinking that the road after gaining Independence is going to be plain sailing and all positive are fucking deluding themselves.

14 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

If you don't vote for independence then you're subservient to England  and the worst govt in recent history. Why do you think such a right wing nationalist country like England want to not be independent ?

scots are historically cowards though and we also have plenty thick cunts who think voting for independence us voting for wee nic

That's the problem with it. 

People fundamentally don't understand they've actually got a better chance of getting someone with similar politics to them in an independent Scotland, than they do a Scotland in the UK. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

If you don't vote for independence then you're subservient to England  and the worst govt in recent history. Why do you think such a right wing nationalist country like England want to not be independent ?

scots are historically cowards though and we also have plenty thick cunts who think voting for independence us voting for wee nic

Superb post .

But I do think independence will come this time . The Tories have been a superb advert for it.

Anyone who thinks Scotland can't manage on our own needs 240 volts straight to the napper. Rich in resources and so much of it what country in the world wouldn't want it.

And what about Europe that's a huge blow to Scotland and companies large and small.

Westminster are panicking and will use every trick in the book to keep us in this union .

Here's a guideline. Don't watch the BBC fk them equivalent of RT news .run by a tori e chief executive who gave the Tories over 400k to help fight elections .

The unionist press in Scotland come from London and are Westminster government friendly ,  just look at the front page headlines it's embarrassing.

All our media are biased .

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

It won't happen and it won't be allowed to happen.  Move along now, nothing to see here.

As usual the same unionists who said EU could not take them to court re the NI protocol and the same unionists who said the Rwanda flights could not be stopped are now telling Scots what they can/cant do.

Article 1 of the UN charter says otherwise.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Edwin Starr said:

Exactly .

Surely there can't be many on here. 

If anyone calls me british I get offended by the thought of that butchers apron .

More than you'd think, Aberdeen is a hot bed for union loving pricks. Aberdeen /shire and Dumfries & Galloway are part of the reason we aren't an independent country already. 

• Upvote 1

See we are supplying a renewable line from Peterhead to North East England that will feed millions of homes over the border .

That Line initially went from Peterhead to Norway and back it is a massive venture .

If Norway wasn't doing well we'd give them energy and the same for us..

England can never reach their renewable targets without help from over generous neighbours 

France feeds London at a huge cost .

They also tap into Wales reserves for energy .

3 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

See we are supplying a renewable line from Peterhead to North East England that will feed millions of homes over the border .

That Line initially went from Peterhead to Norway and back it is a massive venture .

If Norway wasn't doing well we'd give them energy and the same for us..

England can never reach their renewable targets without help from over generous neighbours 

France feeds London at a huge cost .

They also tap into Wales reserves for energy .

What does Scotland get in return?

21 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

More than you'd think, Aberdeen is a hot bed for union loving pricks. Aberdeen /shire and Dumfries & Galloway are part of the reason we aren't an independent country already. 

My wife is English London born but a huge independence voter.

I just wish the near 500.000 of our over the border friends who live and work here  backed independence , sadly around 75% voted no 

Maybe being out of Europe I'm hoping that will be about 50/50 now. But far too much of them vote Tories .

These areas you have mentioned above have a big South of the border influence on voting intentions .

Huge numbers live in the West coast .

My wife came back from Isle of Skye for hill walking she came home with a London accent ???.

8 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

My wife is English London born but a huge independence voter.

I just wish the near 500.000 of our over the border friends who live and work here  backed independence , sadly around 75% voted no 

Maybe being out of Europe I'm hoping that will be about 50/50 now. But far too much of them vote Tories .

These areas you have mentioned above have a big South of the border influence on voting intentions .

Huge numbers live in the West coast .

My wife came back from Isle of Skye for hill walking she came home with a London accent ???.

I would genuinely make the credentials for voting harder. 

Have to have been a resident for 10+ years or something. 

Not fuds who own holiday homes in the highlands or wherever adamant Scottish life is better in the UK cause they like the idea of a flag and a monarchy. 

Cunts

43 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Anyone who thinks Scotland can't manage on our own needs 240 volts straight to the napper. Rich in resources and so much of it what country in the world wouldn't want it.

Very true, but we also have a massive chunk of a population in the central belt who have never worked, will never work and are totally dependent on benefits!

We have tourism, whisky, golf, natural resources and more but it also requires a govt who can get the most out of it and spend it wisely. Nae doing the likes of spending hundreds of millions on propping up ship yards in order to save a few hundred jobs on the Clyde etc.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Very true, but we also have a massive chunk of a population in the central belt who have never worked, will never work and are totally dependent on benefits!

We have tourism, whisky, golf, natural resources and more but it also requires a govt who can get the most out of it and spend it wisely. Nae doing the likes of spending hundreds of millions on propping up ship yards in order to save a few hundred jobs on the Clyde etc.

Folk who live in abject deprivation you mean. There is no oil industry in these places. Jobs are hard to come by. If youve grown up in squalor, went to one of the shitest schools in Europe, then aye those folk are totally dependent on benefits. An independent Scotland would have a better go at addressing these issues than how Westminster currently does. 

33 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

A lot easier for a gov to efficiently control and distribute a budget for 5 million people than 70 million. Health service/schools/housing/welfare/etc all easier to deal with and improve on a smaller scale. 

Absolute no brainer on that basis alone. 

Why are the snp making such a cunt of it then? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Folk who live in abject deprivation you mean. There is no oil industry in these places. Jobs are hard to come by. If youve grown up in squalor, went to one of the shitest schools in Europe, then aye those folk are totally dependent on benefits. An independent Scotland would have a better go at addressing these issues than how Westminster currently does. 

Jobs are there if you want to work…

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Why are the snp making such a cunt of it then? 

Im not talking about the snp. And Scotland isnt independent so totally different circumstances. 

Im talking about a government of an independent Scotland, long term, Labour/tory/whoever, will surely make a better go of managing 5 million people, than the tories do with 70million people. 

to quote cavey from earlier;

we also have plenty thick cunts who think voting for independence is us voting for wee nic”

I couldnt give a fuck about Sturgo or the snp, i just want an independent country run by whoever is democratically elected. 
It may well be a shambles in the short term (i dont think it will be), its a shambles now. But you can guarantee our kids and their kids will be glad we voted yes. 

2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Im not talking about the snp. And Scotland isnt independent so totally different circumstances. 

Im talking about a government of an independent Scotland, long term, Labour/tory/whoever, will surely make a better go of managing 5 million people, than the tories do with 70million people. 

to quote cavey from earlier;

we also have plenty thick cunts who think voting for independence is us voting for wee nic”

I couldnt give a fuck about Sturgo or the snp, i just want an independent country run by whoever is democratically elected. 
It may well be a shambles in the short term (i dont think it will be), its a shambles now. But you can guarantee our kids and their kids will be glad we voted yes. 

The SNP are governing a small country now though and making a cunt of it, hence using them as an example. Why would that change if we were independent?

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Jobs are there if you want to work…

Agreed. Im talking about the real dregs of society here, huns mainly, who are unemployable. To a large extent, a product of their environment. Folk who exist in real deprivation. First thing id do is sterilise them all after 2 kids. Not sure the snp would go for that, but that would be a logical first step in addressing the poverty cycle in these areas. And consi, dont start, we’ve discussed this at length in the past, and you agreed i was right.

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

The SNP are governing a small country now though and making a cunt of it, hence using them as an example. Why would that change if we were independent?

If you don’t have the necessary levers your hands are tied behind your back.

And complaining about things that are better or not any worse than the rest of the UK is just an excuse unionists like to use because they have nothing else.

this is not rocket science 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, NEM said:

Because they wouldn't necessarily be the governing party? 

The reason they are the governing party is because of the ineptitude of the other options. 

If you want to vote them out, the best thing for it would be independence. They aren't going anywhere under this current system of devolution. 

36 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

We’d have the choice to vote Labour

which would most likely happen 

We have that choice now.

33 minutes ago, caledonia said:

If you don’t have the necessary levers your hands are tied behind your back.

And complaining about things that are better or not any worse than the rest of the UK is just an excuse unionists like to use because they have nothing else.

this is not rocket science 

I don’t think it’s too wild to question if we’d be governed any better and if so why and how rather than just blindly hoping it’d be the case.