Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

41 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:
10 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Fair points but when independence comes you get the best advisers around to help you do this .

Why can't they get the best advisors in now to help run the Scottish Govt thereby proving to many doubters that we can run our own affairs?

The likes of our NHS and Education are not performing as well as they could be and that spreads doubt and fear, especially to older people whondo go and vote.

While I reckon we will get independence next time around, I reckon it will be a fair bit closer than most people may think with some tough campaigning ahead.

Not actually sure I can be arsed going through it all again if I am being honest and I have heard so many others say the same thing.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Why can't they get the best advisors in now to help run the Scottish Govt thereby proving to many doubters that we can run our own affairs?

Because these people won't work for a public sector wage. 

20 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

The likes of our NHS and Education are not performing as well as they could be and that spreads doubt and fear, especially to older people whondo go and vote.

It's almost like we've had < a decade of enforced ideological austerity imposed upon Scotland. 

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yet they had no real economic plan other than oil at $100 per barrel which the snp and green zoomers now want to do away with completely. Joe couldn’t even advise them which currency to use

Did I imagine you saying previously that you voted "Yes" last time? 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Did I imagine you saying previously that you voted "Yes" last time? 

No and I might vote yes again however I'll require a lot more convincing this time given the cunt of things the SNP have made and continue to make especially now they're in bed with the lunatics from the Greens

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Because these people won't work for a public sector wage. 

It's almost like we've had < a decade of enforced ideological austerity imposed upon Scotland. 

Correct re not working for a public sector wage, but if they can find the money to pay for these people after independence, why can't they find it prior to it?

Second point, they might have tried this but it's not working given the election (council and MSP) results over the past decade.

The electorate are not as daft as most like to make out with the majority remaining quiet about where they place their support and allegiances'.

You don't have to wave flags, join marches and drone like fuck on and on (from both sides) to have an opinion on the subject.

it’s not exactly livin life to the full is it, moaning about politicians campaigning for a change of govt etc.

fuckin hell min, could be dead tomorrow (yes yes ?? …)

just don’t understand the notion of being associated with a political party or a cause

for losers imo

10 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

do you folk really consider this sort of thing?

actually believe it’ll make a difference to you and everyone else?

Do you actually believe that independence wont make a difference to anyone? 

Because it obviously will, good or bad.

26 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

it’s not exactly livin life to the full is it, moaning about politicians campaigning for a change of govt etc.

fuckin hell min, could be dead tomorrow (yes yes ?? …)

just don’t understand the notion of being associated with a political party or a cause

for losers imo

There's a lot of people who would say stotting about pished every day of your life "isn't living life to the full" bluts min.

Different strokes innit

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Yet they had no real economic plan other than oil at $100 per barrel which the snp and green zoomers now want to do away with completely. Joe couldn’t even advise them which currency to use

It's a crossover from oil into renewables .

Renewables will be bigger than oil come tIme and Scotland will do very well off it .

In any case the future of our planet is for our kids we need to make sure there's a planet for them to live in.

I was in Glasgow last year for that March COP26 it was massive and amazing seeing so much passion from the young ones and a mixed age group of various environmental groups .

Change is coming and we in Scotland will board the bus to get on it.

The world is changing .?

4 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Renewables will be bigger than oil come tIme and Scotland will do very well off it .

In any case the future of our planet is for our kids we need to make sure there's a planet for them to live in.

I was in Glasgow last year for that March COP26 it was massive and amazing seeing so much passion from the young ones and a mixed age group of various environmental groups .

The world is changing .?

A very, very gradual crossover, those fucking lunatics want to stop all oil exploration now.

Cycle or walk down did you?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Best thing the SNP could do is promise to dissolve if they win.

When independence comes there's a change over maybe lasting around 3 or 4 years then the SNP disband because they have done what they needed to do.

Then we vote in who we want Labour Tories Greens liberal or Lord Snooty Sutch. 

That's how it works .

Just now, Edwin Starr said:

When independence comes there's a change over maybe lasting around 3 or 4 years then the SNP disband because they have done what they needed to do.

Then we vote in who we want Labour Tories Greens liberal or Lord Snooty Sutch. 

That's how it works .

Is it?  Where have the SNP stated that?  Not a fucking chance they'd disband

• Haha 1
Just now, NEM said:

A very, very gradual crossover, those fucking lunatics want to stop all oil exploration now.

Cycle or walk down did you?

Caught the bus with my free bus pass .

I do loads of cycling to the supermarkets or even into town in all weather's .

My car is almost redundant.

8 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

The world is changing .?

Not for jobs it wont be.

Guest milne_afc

Cannot believe folk still don’t understand that bit. 80%+ support of SNP is on a single issue. They become irrelevant overnight in the aftermath of a Yes vote.

2 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Tut tut massive carbon footprint for a day out virtue signalling

1 minute ago, Edwin Starr said:

That's great and obviously works for you. But what about the family of four who live in a rural town with shite transport links who need to get to work and do the likes of a weekly big shop etc. 

Public transport is centred around the large towns and cities only, one bus an hour or so to and from the likes of Ballater with no other options is shite.

• Upvote 1