Henry

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Absolute rubbish.

@mods this is dangerous, unqualified opinion being passed off as advice to a vulnerable poster.

Haha.

Dick ūüĎäūüŹĹ

On 9/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Was in 2007.  

Yous scored first with Nicholson, then it was Steven Fletcher, Michael Stewart and 2 from Benji....

We had a great team that year.  Yer man Scott Brown instrumental.  Won the League Cup.  The final was 5-1 v Killie - Benji scored 2 in that game as well. 

Look at Michael Stewart's finish at 6.00 in this video.   One of the sweetest strikes you'll ever see....

You must be young as fuck.  I was already heavily tattooed, a coupla friends lost to suicide and drugs and a few abortions in.....

Do you have a pronoun? 

I missed Gervais to go to that game.

Poor choice.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I missed Gervais to go to that game.

Poor choice.

Na man.

Evening games in Leith are class, under the floodlights. 

Can't even remember if I was there.  Probably though.

9 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Na man.

Evening games in Leith are class, under the floodlights. 

Can't even remember if I was there.  Probably though.

Boy next to me had a bottle of JD which was sound. Had an Irish Bovril.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, davieb said:

Mate, I've worked in the utilities sector for the past 20 years including as a systems analyst for both the national grid and BNFL, clueless fucker!

You think 1.4 GW is a lot, that tells me all I need to know¬†ūüėā

Why are gas prices going up and what if my energy supplier goes bust? - BBC News

I'll just leave that there, will sit quietly back and wait for your apology. Wind, LOL!! 

25% of "offshore wind power resources" isn't the same as 25% of Europe's wind as Parky claimed

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, Fridge said:

Great in Boyzone

And being Gloria Hunniford’s daughter ( RIP)

Aye, it's entirely likely I've misinterpreted what I'd read. My apologies. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, it's entirely likely I've misinterpreted what I'd read. My apologies. 

No bother.

Edited by manboobs109

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Scotland doesn't have shit. 

It belongs to London. 

Kel1t if you're not aware of the situation in Great Britain of late it looks like 75% of our utility companies are going to go out of business, gas prices up over 200%, you'd think that would be great for us. Wrong. In the rush to clean energy we decided wind was the answer, it managed a paltry 9% of our needs, bad year for wind according to the experts, we now have to import gas, some even coming all the way from Russia. Who ever imagined our bills would go through the roof,  a cold winter will kill tens of thousands of old people who can't afford to buy power. 

The green folk said we didn't need Nuclear or coal, they also said pumping gas from our own doorstep was bad for the environment. We can thank the UK Govt for having controls so not all these rises can be passed on to the customer, in turn the companies can't now afford to supply houses, they're losing money providing it.

It's a shit storm, Germany have decided coal is the answer, mothballed power stations being brought back on line. Meanwhile folk on here last week said we didn't need the O & G Industry.

I'm with Bulb, they told me they only supplied renewable energy, they were the first with the begging bowl today saying they're going to fold soon. 

Edited by daytripping

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Kel1t if you're not aware of the situation in Great Britain of late it looks like 75% of our utility companies are going to go out of business, gas prices up over 200%, you'd think that would be great for us. Wrong. In the rush to clean energy we decided wind was the answer, it managed a paltry 9% of our needs, bad year for wind according to the experts, we now have to import gas, some even coming all the way from Russia. Who ever imagined our bills would go through the roof,  a cold winter will kill tens of thousands of old people who can't afford to buy power. 

The green folk said we didn't need Nuclear or coal, they also said pumping gas from our own doorstep was bad for the environment. We can thank the UK Govt for having controls so not all these rises can be passed on to the customer, in turn the companies can't now afford to supply houses, they're losing money providing it.

It's a shit storm, Germany have decided coal is the answer, mothballed power stations being brought back on line. Meanwhile folk on here last week said we didn't need the O & G Industry.

I'm with Bulb, they told me they only supplied renewable energy, they were the first with the begging bowl today saying they're going to fold soon. 

I think you will find this isn't a devolved matter and entirely their fucking fault. 

5 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I think you will find this isn't a devolved matter and entirely their fucking fault. 

Every Country in Europe is being affected, to try and comply with green efforts we've had to turn to Russia who won't be giving a fuck about the climate, instead of getting the big Countries who are really the Worldwide problem we've got ourselves into a mess. We have gas here but are being forced into not using it by a lunatic fringe. I wonder if Patrick Harvie and his family will have to worry about the rising energy prices? will his mother be worried about turning her heating on this Winter, plenty in Great Britain will be. The nats have got into bed with him, one bad year with record low winds like this last year and what do we do?

If only we had a big sea full of the stuff and could drill for it.

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Every Country in Europe is being affected, to try and comply with green efforts we've had to turn to Russia who won't be giving a fuck about the climate, instead of getting the big Countries who are really the Worldwide problem we've got ourselves into a mess. We have gas here but are being forced into not using it by a lunatic fringe. I wonder if Patrick Harvie and his family will have to worry about the rising energy prices? will his mother be worried about turning her heating on this Winter, plenty in Great Britain will be. The nats have got into bed with him, one bad year with record low winds like this last year and what do we do?

If only we had a big sea full of the stuff and could drill for it.

Sorry how many green MPs are there in your beloved Houses of Parliament? 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Sorry how many green MPs are there in your beloved Houses of Parliament? 

They're in control in Scotland, lunatic fringe at the wheel. 

They should be nowhere near the top seat, lunatic green fringes have got us into a Power crisis, in the future Russia could just turn supplies off if they get upset. Have greta and her green buds really thought it all through? they're making the situation worse. In Scotland we put them in charge.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

They're in control in Scotland, lunatic fringe at the wheel. 

They should be nowhere near the top seat, lunatic green fringes have got us into a Power crisis, in the future Russia could just turn supplies off if they get upset. Have greta and her green buds really thought it all through? they're making the situation worse. In Scotland we put them in charge.

But all the decisions leading to this were made in England. 

We need new Nuclear power stations, it's the cleanest best value power long term, chances of getting them with the greens in power? chances of funding them with the nats in power? 

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

But all the decisions leading to this were made in England. 

The decisions were supposedly made by the Worldwide leaders at the behest of the Greens, those decisions have been shown to be wrong for Europe. the real polluters don't give a fuck, while us smaller nations comply they get worse. Greens should be nowhere near decision making, this is the tip of the iceberg. We're sliding into a abyss, will China and Russia clean up? no, they'll produce more while we need to shop from them. It's a broken policy, in Scotland instead of admitting it's making things worse we've promoted the greens to leadership. 

Surprising to hear that about Germany... they're sitting at just under 50% of energy needs being met by renewables. 

Regardless, the whole 'Independence for Scotland' thing is unworkable, since Scotland is a nation that has no capacity to govern itself... I don't know if it's an education thing, or just an innate cowardice in the Scottish people, but I think at this point it needs to be recognised and accepted that Scotland either needs to simply be merged as an English county, or look for a more competent master than London. Those are really the only two sensible options. 

10 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The decisions were supposedly made by the Worldwide leaders at the behest of the Greens, those decisions have been shown to be wrong for Europe. the real polluters don't give a fuck, while us smaller nations comply they get worse. Greens should be nowhere near decision making, this is the tip of the iceberg. We're sliding into a abyss, will China and Russia clean up? no, they'll produce more while we need to shop from them. It's a broken policy, in Scotland instead of admitting it's making things worse we've promoted the greens to leadership. 

Enough of this 

Did¬†you poke ‚ÄėThe One‚Äô over the weekend?¬†

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Surprising to hear that about Germany... they're sitting at just under 50% of energy needs being met by renewables. 

Regardless, the whole 'Independence for Scotland' thing is unworkable, since Scotland is a nation that has no capacity to govern itself... I don't know if it's an education thing, or just an innate cowardice in the Scottish people, but I think at this point it needs to be recognised and accepted that Scotland either needs to simply be merged as an English county, or look for a more competent master than London. Those are really the only two sensible options. 

Yeah sure they are, firing up coal fired power stations and paying whatever Russia decides is todays price for gas.

16 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We need new Nuclear power stations, it's the cleanest best value power long term, chances of getting them with the greens in power? chances of funding them with the nats in power? 

I thought you were on a fishing trip not a fission trip. 

15 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Yeah sure they are, firing up coal fired power stations and paying whatever Russia decides is todays price for gas.

From what I can see online, the Germans periodically will demothball power plants at times of low renewable production or higher prices... seems like it's not a new thing. 

Maggie Thatcher should never have shut the coal mines Dayts

Edited by caledonia

54 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Once we have the Tokamaks up and running we'll be able to do away with coal, oil, and to a lesser extent solar and wind. 

Getting closer...