Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Is it really a land worth arguing about....?   

A nation of sedentary alcoholic dwarves who put gel in their beards. 

Better places to chill and have a good life. 

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Do you believe there's not a huge problem with the environment .?

People and wildlife  are dying because of droughts which causes other massive problems throughout the world.

Even now in Scotland we are expecting water shortages very soon.

Ice melts are happening  in the North and South poles .

Our seas are rising creating problems at low level homes .

So keep pumping oil at the expense of our planet without care of our children's future all because of keeping jobs in an industry that's destroying it.

Make yer bloody mind up ?

• Haha 1

If folk think Sturgo will become some dictator the moment we got independence, they have been successfully propagandised by the British media. 

@NEM the greens stance on oil is incredibly unpopular, if we went independent I'm genuinely convinced they'd go back to being a fringe party. This is someone who would vote for them. 

It's no reason to want to stay in the UK because you think NS will get unchallenged power. It simply wouldn't happen.  

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

You're such a fucking unionist fruit loop you even made your hand red. 

I've long suspected "Red Hand of Ulster" is an inflammatory condition brought on by desperate, excessive wankation.

Its twin ailment - "Red Knob of Ulster" - is equally widespread. Just less obvious to the casual observer.

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If folk think Sturgo will become some dictator the moment we got independence, they have been successfully propagandised by the British media. 

@NEM the greens stance on oil is incredibly unpopular, if we went independent I'm genuinely convinced they'd go back to being a fringe party. This is someone who would vote for them. 

It's no reason to want to stay in the UK because you think NS will get unchallenged power. It simply wouldn't happen.  

Where did I say it'd be unchallenged power? ?

I presume Westminster aren't going to retain responsibility for O&G licensing in the event of independence and she's made it blatantly obvious where she stands on that with her opposition to Cambo.

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Surely you're not saying that seriously? 

Like spring water and sea water are the same thing?

I'm taking it more seriously than Bucs claim Scotlands running short of water ?

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

I presume Westminster aren't going to retain responsibility for O&G licensing in the event of independence and she's made it blatantly obvious where she stands on that with her opposition to Cambo.

Yes. And she'll be voted out. You could vote, and undoubtedly (imo) get someone else in power who would explore the possibility. 

She's not popular among a lot of SNP voters. As milne said as well, 80% of people vote for them because they want independence. People from the right, left, centre, whatever. 

The first point of order in an independent Scotland would undoubtedly be an election. For all the SNPs faults, they are democrats. 

I don't get the fear that we'll have NS in power forever. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

https://www.sepa.org.uk/environment/water/water-scarcity/

https://www.sepa.org.uk/media/594260/16-june-report.pdf

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Yes. And she'll be voted out. You could vote, and undoubtedly (imo) get someone else in power who would explore the possibility. 

She's not popular among a lot of SNP voters. As milne said as well, 80% of people vote for them because they want independence. People from the right, left, centre, whatever. 

The first point of order in an independent Scotland would undoubtedly be an election. For all the SNPs faults, they are democrats. 

I don't get the fear that we'll have NS in power forever. 

If that were the case they'd vote for Alba

8 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Opened that link and got about half a dozen lines in

"If" 

"may"

I particularly liked this bit in the June report

"Weather forecast (16/06/22) More persistent rain spreads east through the evening, the rain heavy at times overnight and through Friday morning, especially across western Scotland. The rain clears southeast through the afternoon with a few showers following to the far north and NW. The weekend and Monday sees further showers affecting the far north and NW, merging into longer spells of rain Saturday and late Monday, with just a few showers elsewhere. Windy on Saturday with risk of gales in north. At a seasonal timescale, models show a normal likelihood of wet and dry conditions over the summer months"

i.e. Buc is havering pish.

There's been hose pipe bans during hot summers since I was a kid.  Nothing to see here, move along now

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Opened that link and got about half a dozen lines in

"If" 

"may"

I particularly liked this bit in the June report

"Weather forecast (16/06/22) More persistent rain spreads east through the evening, the rain heavy at times overnight and through Friday morning, especially across western Scotland. The rain clears southeast through the afternoon with a few showers following to the far north and NW. The weekend and Monday sees further showers affecting the far north and NW, merging into longer spells of rain Saturday and late Monday, with just a few showers elsewhere. Windy on Saturday with risk of gales in north. At a seasonal timescale, models show a normal likelihood of wet and dry conditions over the summer months"

i.e. Buc is havering pish.

There's been hose pipe bans during hot summers since I was a kid.  Nothing to see here, move along now

Thanks for that weather report.?.

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

They'd vote for a fringe party that carries little weight? (If you don't include Jabba Salmond)

That's not how electoral politics work. People like their established parties. Even with Proportional Representation. 

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

It took the SNP 30 years to get where Alba are in their first year.

I vote Alba because I believe in a more hardline approach whether it be with the BBC, Papers or civil disobedience.

This asking and hope Boris blinks get that to fuck.

10 hours ago, NEM said:

No and I might vote yes again however I'll require a lot more convincing this time given the cunt of things the SNP have made and continue to make especially now they're in bed with the lunatics from the Greens

Thanks for the answer. Given what you've said there can I ask you a question? 

You've referenced the SNP performance there. The biggest thing that's happened in this country in your life is Covid. Throughout that the westminister government have made a massive cunt of it. Lockdown (you were against), track and trace (I think you were against), vaccines (you were against). £100's of billions of pounds of taxpayers money squandered on stuff you disagreed with. Yet you're here on an Indy thread slagging off the SNP & Greens? 

Why do the people who've spent more of your tax money on things you don't agree with, than any government in history escape your comment? 

I don't get it at all. 

• Upvote 1