Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye - which bands specifically?

The council are clowns in the main and get a lot wrong. Some things they do well however. Groups like Aberdeen inspired etc trying to make a difference as well. 

I’ll give you that - Taco Bell absolute dirt, been once and won’t be back. Fresh mex a hundred times better. 

That last bits utter fucking nonsense. Edinburgh and Glasgow are maybe better with more going on aye - hardly a shock given the size. Dundee has improved massively and fair play to them for that, still wouldn’t move there from Aberdeen in a million years. 

I could list you bands as long as my arm that wouldn't play Aberdeen that I, and many others, would like to see. 

You won't have heard of them or will call them shite to make your point, so won't bother. 

Well, council need to improve massively. Dundee is a more pleasant place to walk about than Aberdeen atm. 

I've lived in both cities and I'd pick dundee over Aberdeen every time. You can walk everywhere, pints are cheap, have better museums that are constantly getting updated, cheaper to live, you're only an hour and a bit from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, you're a rivers width from fife, day out to St Andrews easy done, and other decent enough places. 

Obviously there are bits that aren't great like everywhere else but it's a class wee city. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

I've lived in both cities and I'd pick dundee over Aberdeen every time. You can walk everywhere, pints are cheap, have better museums that are constantly getting updated, cheaper to live, you're only an hour and a bit from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, you're a rivers width from fife, day out to St Andrews easy done, and other decent enough places. 

Good on you for listing both the good stuff and the faults.

Just now, CCB III said:

I could list you bands as long as my arm that wouldn't play Aberdeen that I, and many others, would like to see. 

You won't have heard of them or will call them shite to make your point, so won't bother. 

Well, council need to improve massively. Dundee is a more pleasant place to walk about than Aberdeen atm. 

Obviously there are bits that aren't great like everywhere else but it's a class wee city. 

Come on that’s a cop out! Aberdeens a shithole cause some random obscure bands nobody’s heard of won’t play here? Get in touch with the band and the owners of one of the cities multiple music venues and make it happen.

Why don’t you live there then? Money where your mouth is ?

Walk everywhere? It’s on a massive fucking hill! Where can you walk to in Dundee that you can’t in Aberdeen? 

Pints are cheap and it’s cheaper to live maybe. Better employment prospects and higher wages in Aberdeen, it’s all relative. 

Sounds to me your rating Dundee on location basically. That’s got fuck all to do with a city being a shithole. Plenty decent places round about Aberdeen anyway

4 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Good on you for listing both the good stuff and the faults.

The museums and the proximity to Glasgow? ?

Which museums does Dundee have btw Consi? Not my cup of tea but the art gallery’s just had a major refurb, there’s the maritime museum, Gordon highlander museum etc up here. 

Just now, Don Fonte said:

Haven't checked the museums yet, but the proximity to Glasgow scores high.

And the fact CCB and his sort might be more prevalent in Dundee.

Good shout. Here CCB - Dundees ace you should definitely move back ?

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, NEM said:

Come on that’s a cop out! Aberdeens a shithole cause some random obscure bands nobody’s heard of won’t play here? Get in touch with the band and the owners of one of the cities multiple music venues and make it happen.

Why don’t you live there then? Money where your mouth is ?

Walk everywhere? It’s on a massive fucking hill! Where can you walk to in Dundee that you can’t in Aberdeen? 

Pints are cheap and it’s cheaper to live maybe. Better employment prospects and higher wages in Aberdeen, it’s all relative. 

Sounds to me your rating Dundee on location basically. That’s got fuck all to do with a city being a shithole. Plenty decent places round about Aberdeen anyway

The bands are too big to be taking requests like that but there's no demand for them in Aberdeen. 

I would move there but no chance I'm getting a salaried job like the one I have now. Add that to the fault list for Dundee. 

Nah, Dundee you can walk from the top of Perth road, to the Odeon Dundee (in Douglas) in about 1hr15/30. Everywhere you'd want to go is in generally in walking distance.

Had mates all over the place and they were all within walking distance. Even if it was the the south side of the city and you were in north. Here, you've got to drive most places. 

Also; taxis aren't a fucking rip off like here. If you're too pished and you cba walking, it'll cost you about £10 at most to get home. It's genuinely about half the price of Aberdeen. 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

The museums and the proximity to Glasgow? ?

Which museums does Dundee have btw Consi? Not my cup of tea but the art gallery’s just had a major refurb, there’s the maritime museum, Gordon highlander museum etc up here. 

McManus. V and A. DJAcad, constantly good shit on the go here. 

Art gallery was good when it opened, last time I went was not much going on. 

I wish I preferred Aberdeen, but it has a reputation. Often I used to think it was unfair but since moving back I can see where people are coming from. 

God speed the rebirth of our once great city. 

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The bands are too big to be taking requests like that but there's no demand for them in Aberdeen. 

I would move there but no chance I'm getting a salaried job like the one I have now. Add that to the fault list for Dundee. 

Nah, Dundee you can walk from the top of Perth road, to the Odeon Dundee (in Douglas) in about 1hr15/30. Everywhere you'd want to go is in generally in walking distance.

Had mates all over the place and they were all within walking distance. Even if it was the the south side of the city and you were in north. Here, you've got to drive most places. 

Also; taxis aren't a fucking rip off like here. If you're too pished and you cba walking, it'll cost you about £10 at most to get home. It's genuinely about half the price of Aberdeen. 

There a big demand in Dundee? How many of them have played there?

Where in Aberdeen can you not walk to and from in an hour and a half? 

Taxis are expensive but again it’s relative to employment prospects and wages up here which you’ve admitted is a plus for Aberdeen over Dundee. 

One thing Dundee probably has over Aberdeen is less greeting faced locals overly keen to put their home town down 

Just now, CCB III said:

McManus. V and A. DJAcad, constantly good shit on the go here. 

Art gallery was good when it opened, last time I went was not much going on. 

I wish I preferred Aberdeen, but it has a reputation. Often I used to think it was unfair but since moving back I can see where people are coming from. 

God speed the rebirth of our once great city. 

There's not much difference between most places in Scotland once you get passed the bigotry and poverty in parts of the central belt. The weather is shite, and folk moan about everything else too. 

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Aye like you do when you're told about the zero chance of gettin' independence.  Wet.

Said all along we wont get indy while Sturgeon is in charge

Their lawyers  blocked Martin Keatings in court who had brought the same bill to the courts saying it had to go through Holyrood first 

Now apparently they have done what their lawyers fought against v Keatings

6 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Said all along we wont get indy while Sturgeon is in charge

Their lawyers  blocked Martin Keatings in court who had brought the same bill to the courts saying it had to go through Holyrood first 

Now apparently they have done what their lawyers fought against v Keatings

Loved Batman 

8 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

There's not much difference between most places in Scotland once you get passed the bigotry and poverty in parts of the central belt. The weather is shite, and folk moan about everything else too. 

Probs fair

Fair on

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

There a big demand in Dundee? How many of them have played there?

Where in Aberdeen can you not walk to and from in an hour and a half? 

Taxis are expensive but again it’s relative to employment prospects and wages up here which you’ve admitted is a plus for Aberdeen over Dundee. 

One thing Dundee probably has over Aberdeen is less greeting faced locals overly keen to put their home town down 

No. But it's only a 3 hours round trip as opposed to 6. 

Aberdeen isn't really a walking town. 

You could not walk cove to Dyce in an hour and a half. It's too vastly spread out.

I'm not putting it down for the sake of it, it's gutting how it looks and is 

I wish it was better. Other cities are constantly making better improvements than us 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

No. But it's only a 3 hours round trip as opposed to 6. 

Aberdeen isn't really a walking town. 

You could not walk cove to Dyce in an hour and a half. It's too vastly spread out.

I'm not putting it down for the sake of it, it's gutting how it looks and is 

I wish it was better. Other cities are constantly making better improvements than us 

So it’s location other than the fact it’s a shitehole ???

Not sure why you’d want to walk Dyce to Cove, tour of the sea, salt & soles? Probably could do it in 90 mins anyway if you walked on the bypass tbf

Apart from union street which parts are gutting to look at?

Not sure that’s the case either, UTG going to look decent when it’s finished and they’ve an opportunity to create something good where the eye sore indoor market used to be 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Come on. Even your most staunch Aberdonian would find it hard to make a case for that. Fuck all bands come up here, the city centre is a dump. You can visit some decent pubs- that's about it. 

I wish it wasn't that way but we've been fucked by consecutive councils

Might've shown some ambition on Union St and kept it pedestrianised, open up the units to cafes/bars other shit.

Not ACC tho. Let's make it ugly again, with loud, mingin buses going through it.

And like fuck we're going to get the new stadium with any help from the council.

They are too thick to see the impact.

Anyway Ramirez' wife had a point

Whoa whoa whoa, there has been some serious shite posted on this thread over the past few years but fuck me man, are you honestly saying Dundee is a better city than Aberdeen?

If so, that tops the fucking lot and if you seriously believe that then you are a bigger delusional Fud than I EVER took you for.

12 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Consi, I could have picked you up wrong, but I’m sure said the V&A was shit, or words to that effect?

Not to my taste. Other types of cunts seem to like it. Attracts a lot of tourists!

Had the displeasure of working there, actually. 

17 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Whoa whoa whoa, there has been some serious shite posted on this thread over the past few years but fuck me man, are you honestly saying Dundee is a better city than Aberdeen?

If so, that tops the fucking lot and if you seriously believe that then you are a bigger delusional Fud than I EVER took you for.

Just a matter of opinion and personal taste chief. 

Try not to have too many snotters. 

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

So it’s location other than the fact it’s a shitehole ???

Not sure why you’d want to walk Dyce to Cove, tour of the sea, salt & soles? Probably could do it in 90 mins anyway if you walked on the bypass tbf

Apart from union street which parts are gutting to look at?

Not sure that’s the case either, UTG going to look decent when it’s finished and they’ve an opportunity to create something good where the eye sore indoor market used to be 

I hope you're right 

Really, I do. 

My question is, how has so much money passed through here since the 70's and it's in this state? 

Bonkers 

12 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I hope you're right 

Really, I do. 

My question is, how has so much money passed through here since the 70's and it's in this state? 

Bonkers 

Siphoned away like the cash we got for Stevie Archibald ?

• Haha 1