Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Just sign out this time rather than go through the bother of deleting accounts and "reinventing"

I don't have the self control to not have a peek. 

Easier to delete and start again. 

For me, anyway. 

I certainly haven't reinvented anything. I'm enjoying that whatever I'm doing is clearly annoying the likes of you, though. 

Just now, Clydeside_Sheep said:

"Scotland’s up there with the most politically educated nations on earth,"

Must be one of the most laughable statements I have ever heard, up there with the hun's crude conception of their own imagined "dignity".

I think modern Scots must be some of the most ignorant people in the developed world, politically and in general.

Modern Scottish political thought is characterised by group think, lazy tropes and by being invariably grievance based.  It is shaped by (and so perpetuates) Scottish social conditions, rather than the other way around (which can actually effect change).

Nothing displays this more than the fact that throughout my lifetime, Scottish politics has revolved around the specter of Margaret Thatcher, a woman who left political office over 30 years ago and who has been dead for nearly a decade.

The most stunning example of this was in late 2021, when SNP Glasgow Council Leader Susan Aitken attempted to blame Margaret Thatcher for the fact that Glasgow has become even more of a hovel under SNP stewardship. 

Sturgeon's own take on this is marginally more sophisticated, referencing "the pure toaareeeez" in general,  rather than one specific former leader from the 1980s.

Both women know they are addressing a low brow landscape, where different opinions are unwelcome and where many people are eager to feel a sense of victimhood and to have someone else to blame for their own underachievement.

Of course, these SNP tactics are only continuing the decades-old tactics of the Labour party, with a different coloured rosette.

The person who tweeted that statement is, I expect, one of these left wing "tommy sheridan" types, who hang around places like Calton Books in Glasgow.

Aye but tbf they can bash oot some amount of memes!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, caledonia said:

"Scotland’s up there with the most politically educated nations on earth,"

Must be one of the most laughable statements I have ever heard, up there with the hun's crude conception of their own imagined "dignity".

I think modern Scots must be some of the most ignorant people in the developed world, politically and in general.

Modern Scottish political thought is characterised by group think, lazy tropes and by being invariably grievance based.  It is shaped by (and so perpetuates) Scottish social conditions, rather than the other way around (which can actually effect change).

Nothing displays this more than the fact that throughout my lifetime, Scottish politics has revolved around the specter of Margaret Thatcher, a woman who left political office over 30 years ago and who has been dead for nearly a decade.

The most stunning example of this was in late 2021, when SNP Glasgow Council Leader Susan Aitken attempted to blame Margaret Thatcher for the fact that Glasgow has become even more of a hovel under SNP stewardship. 

Sturgeon's own take on this is marginally more sophisticated, referencing "the pure toaareeeez" in general,  rather than one specific former leader from the 1980s.

Both women know they are addressing a low brow landscape, where different opinions are unwelcome and where many people are eager to feel a sense of victimhood and to have someone else to blame for their own underachievement.

Of course, these SNP tactics are only continuing the decades-old tactics of the Labour party, with a different coloured rosette.

The person who tweeted that statement is, I expect, one of these left wing "tommy sheridan" types, who hang around places like Calton Books in Glasgow.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Is online bullying any different to physical?

Stop trying to derail the thread ?

That depends if you think the person is getting bullied. 

If someone giving another person a seemingly disparaging opinion of themselves is considered "bullying" on here, then I've got a case for it. 

Bullying would be making fun of his disability, his work situation- which I haven't done. 

Telling him I think, because of his own posts (posts that nobody makes him post) that I think he's a racist, doesn't make me a bully, makes me a person with an opinion. 

Like every cunt else on here. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

That depends if you think the person is getting bullied. 

If someone giving another person a seemingly disparaging opinion of themselves is considered "bullying" on here, then I've got a case for it. 

Bullying would be making fun of his disability, his work situation- which I haven't done. 

Telling him I think, because of his own posts (posts that nobody makes him post) that I think he's a racist, doesn't make me a bully, makes me a person with an opinion. 

Like every cunt else on here. 

So now the bully gets to define what bullying is?

27 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's simply how it appears to an innocent bystander.

No. It's how you say it appears to you. A guy with a long held grudge against me.  

You have portrayed his attempts at defending himself to be "intimidation" though, no doubt to justify your further attacks. Classic bullying behaviour.

??

Your trolling skills are fading. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Show me where I've bullied him? 

Calling someone racist isn't bullying FFS 

Its an opinion based on his posts. 

If every time someone called someone something unflattering on here, based on a post was called "bullying" it would become a farce. 

I've been called all sorts. Some of it in retaliation from shit I've said and other things just folk being cunts. Fair enough. 

It's never occurred to me to try intimidate another poster by looking up where they might live/work. 

If this was done to anyone else that wasn't me/PL you'd be saying it's too far. 

You're an arsehole

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Do you get to define what bullying is?

Here, you're saying things to me I don't like. 

You're bullying me. I'm going to find your slushy business, and post it on here. 

That sound alright? 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Show me where I've bullied him? 

Calling someone racist isn't bullying FFS 

Its an opinion based on his posts. 

If every time someone called someone something unflattering on here, based on a post was called "bullying" it would become a farce. 

I've been called all sorts. Some of it in retaliation from shit I've said and other things just folk being cunts. Fair enough. 

It's never occurred to me to try intimidate another poster by looking up where they might live/work. 

If this was done to anyone else that wasn't me/PL you'd be saying it's too far. 

You're an arsehole

You are a bully min, the constant name calling at the end of each post to a multitude of different posters since your reincarnation as been very upsetting and distressing to watch. That’s not even mentioning wishing death on guys with young families. Time to reflect. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

You are a bully min, the constant name calling at the end of each post to a multitude of different posters since your reincarnation as been very upsetting and distressing to watch. That’s not even mentioning wishing death on guys with young families. Time to reflect. 

Joe Rogan would be appalled at the "snowflake" nature of this post. 

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Do you get to define what bullying is?

Here, you're saying things to me I don't like. 

You're bullying me. I'm going to find your slushy business, and post it on here. 

That sound alright? 

You're gaslighting him now. 

You really are not a nice person at all.

25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I don't have the self control to not have a peek. 

Easier to delete and start again. 

For me, anyway. 

I certainly haven't reinvented anything. I'm enjoying that whatever I'm doing is clearly annoying the likes of you, though. 

You don't annoy me in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

You are a bully min, the constant name calling at the end of each post to a multitude of different posters since your reincarnation as been very upsetting and distressing to watch. That’s not even mentioning wishing death on guys with young families. Time to reflect

You're having a fucking laugh? 

I've had death wished on me on here, hunners of times FFS.

Ive been called all sorts, as well. Some perhaps justified, other times just straight up nasty shit. 

You must've missed the time when I spoke candidly about my personal MH issues and had posters slagging me for weeks ?

Think the folk on here have thicker skin than you, chief. If you think I'm bullying ?

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're having a fucking laugh? 

I've had death wished on me on here, hunners of times FFS.

Ive been called all sorts, as well. Some perhaps justified, other times just straight up nasty shit. 

You must've missed the time when I spoke candidly about my personal MH issues and had posters slagging me for weeks ?

Think the folk on here have thicker skin than you, chief. If you think I'm bullying ?

Thought that wasn't you?

Twice you've wished death on me in the last week. First a plane crash and more recently a ship sinking. I've wished you a nice day twice in the same period.

You're not a nice person. Sooner you accept it the better.

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Thought that wasn't you?

Twice you've wished death on me in the last week. First a plane crash and more recently a ship sinking. I've wished you a nice day twice in the same period.

You're not a nice person. Sooner you accept it the better.

Boof, you did that to me first. It's a retort!!!

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I don't know your name or what line of work you're in, so it would be impossible for me, or anyone for that matter, to work out where you live or work. 

You openly said not too long ago you work in Dyce. Even with that microcosm of fact alone, Hercule Poirot would have great difficulty establishing your name, address, and where you work. 

Unless, of course  you are daft enough to make it easy for anyone to determine your IP address. 

It was pretty creepy MAD.

Very hunnish type behaviour.

51 minutes ago, CCB III said:

What are you talking about?

Genuinely? He's trying to figure out where we work/live. How is that in any way a fair retaliation to us calling him racist? 

Imagine every time someone disagreed with another poster on here they tried to intimidate them and work out where they live, work etc? That would be rightfully called out as nuts. 

If you think that's OK to do, with the amount of other disgusting stuff that folk say on here, then I suggest you take some time off. 

I don't know your name or what line of work you're in, so it would be impossible for me, or anyone for that matter, to work out where you live or work. 

You openly said not too long ago you work in Dyce. Even with that microcosm of fact alone, Hercule Poirot would have great difficulty establishing your name, address, and where you work. 

Unless, of course  you are daft enough to make it easy for anyone to determine your IP address. 

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yes that’ll change my mind well done! 

Nothing will change your mind you’re a raving Tory unionist and no voter, claiming otherwise is just lies.

And for someone who says he only wants debate but refuses to answer his case for the union bit rich eh

• Upvote 1