Henry

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I've got three quines including two fae the EU here working for free. 

Why don't you pay them? Are they sex slaves from Romania or something?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Which countries are on the mend, and where are the figures for this to show they are on the mend?

If Brexit didn't happen, I suspect we would be in the same shitty position we are right now, if I'm honest.

Covid and the way it has been handled is an absolute shambles.

I'm not saying Brexit hasn't been, but countries all over the world shafted more to do with Covid than Brexit.

Again I'm not for Brexit but it's an easy go to for many who don't support it.

I Will moan about rising costs all over but deep down, fuck all I can do, so I'll continue paying them and get on with my life.

Germany and France, fair comparisons and both in the EU, haven't shrunk as much as us. 

COVID yes, a huge disaster. Brexit is the cherry on the top of that shit cake, tho. 

You'd think the ability to trade with the world now, would offset some of the stagnation. 

If Brexit isn't useful to us in this situation, then what was the point? 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Germany and France, fair comparisons and both in the EU, haven't shrunk as much as us. 

COVID yes, a huge disaster. Brexit is the cherry on the top of that shit cake, tho. 

You'd think the ability to trade with the world now, would offset some of the stagnation. 

If Brexit isn't useful to us in this situation, then what was the point? 

And, how is Iceland, Norway, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium and Italy getting on? 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Eh?

Im talking in the event of an independent Scotland. 

My point is that the government pushing for this independence are the ones that are partly responsible for this situation. You mentioned Scotland being sparsely populated, it will take time and money to get the proper infrastructures in place to support the immigration being mentioned above  

Just now, Roberto said:

And, how is Iceland, Norway, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium and Italy getting on? 

Italy are doing better than us. 

The others aren't, but they are smaller nations, so arguably not a fair comparison. 

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

My point is that the government pushing for this independence are the ones that are partly responsible for this situation. You mentioned Scotland being sparsely populated, it will take time and money to get the proper infrastructures in place to support the immigration being mentioned above  

Yes, I know they are. 

But the WM gov aren't going to sort it either. 

Hence my want for Indy. 

14 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Why don't you pay them? Are they sex slaves from Romania or something?

Wise up you sick fuck. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Italy are doing better than us. 

The others aren't, but they are smaller nations, so arguably not a fair comparison. 

In what way Italy doing better?

They didn't qualify for the world Cup...

• Haha 1

I think the Supreme Court will rule it illegal and so Sturgeon will have to resort to her fall-back option of then fighting the next Scottish elections on a single issue case of independence. 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Less houses

Lower wages

Back to Barista work for you.

Less houses - pedantic but should be fewer.
Why not build more houses?

Plus, you could balance out the EU immigration by admitting fewer non EU people eg people from Bangladesh or Pakistan, which if we are being honest, is what a lot of misguided Brexit voters wanted and thought they were getting. The daft sods. 

Lower wages - no evidence for this presumably? It will help our economy by filling jobs currently unfilled. Retail, care sector, agriculture, hospitality etc. 

You could also argue higher wages equals higher prices but that’s too much of a grey area for me on the correct balance. 

Didn’t you like all the sexy Polish and Latvian ladies working in Aberdeen? 

Posted (edited)

Folk still arguing that Brexit isn't economic vandalism? 

LOL. 

There are none so blind as those that will not see. 

Edited by Parklife
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I think the Supreme Court will rule it illegal and so Sturgeon will have to resort to her fall-back option of then fighting the next Scottish elections on a single issue case of independence. 

Jim Sillars reckons the SC will deny it too, but also says that will galvanise the campaign.

Indy is inevitable.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Less houses - pedantic but should be fewer.
Why not build more houses?

Plus, you could balance out the EU immigration by admitting fewer non EU people eg people from Bangladesh or Pakistan, which if we are being honest, is what a lot of misguided Brexit voters wanted and thought they were getting. The daft sods. 

Lower wages - no evidence for this presumably? It will help our economy by filling jobs currently unfilled. Retail, care sector, agriculture, hospitality etc. 

You could also argue higher wages equals higher prices but that’s too much of a grey area for me on the correct balance. 

Didn’t you like all the sexy Polish and Latvian ladies working in Aberdeen? 

There are at least 5 hotels being used in Aberdeen for refugees.

The Brentwood has about 100.

Unsustainable

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

There are at least 5 hotels being used in Aberdeen for refugees.

The Brentwood has about 100.

Unsustainable

Indeed.

We should process their applications at an appropriate speed, while also letting them work and contribute to the community while they await the outcome. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed.

We should process their applications at an appropriate speed, while also letting them work and contribute to the community while they await the outcome. 

Allow them to open up fine eateries on Union Street and give them free rent on the shit tip buildings we have already that are sitting empty. Voila.

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

The mandate is that the majority in the Scottish parliament is held by a pro Independence Party. 

If the majority of Scot's vote for a party that want independence, that's a mandate for that policy. 

Last years Scottish Elections were a record turnout, more people than ever voted in those elections, and the SNP got a devastating majority. 

The only way that can't be construed as a mandate is if you redetermine what the word mandate means. 

Except they didn’t 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Excellent. JP until next October at the earliest talking shite.

I’m sure you’ll outlast him by some distance on that score 😄

1 minute ago, NEM said:

I entertain though. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Except they didn’t 

SNP have 23 more seats than the closest competitor, Scot Tories. If you want to be technical, independence parties have 25 more seats than the closest party, Scot Tories. 

Are you advocating for political reform? 

Edit;

Are Labour and Conservative the same party now? In Scotland anyway? Does everyone who wants Indy vote for the SNP? And does everyone who wants UK vote lab/Con? 

Hard to know. WhT we do know is, Labour and Conservatives combined for roughly the same votes as the Scottish national party. 

Mandate indeed

Edited by CCB III

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

He’s never been the same since he lost his mate R/S

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

You're a disgusting, fat, bigoted cunt. 

Hopefully your next coronary is your last. 

Tut tut mr nice guy shining through again. Second time in a few days you’ve wished death on another poster 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

I'd put money on beachend croaking before then. 

Not exactly the picture of health yourself judging by that cringe pic version 1 posted. I sehs yer a fat cunt 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

SNP have 23 more seats than the closest competitor, Scot Tories. If you want to be technical, independence parties have 25 more seats than the closest party, Scot Tories. 

Are you advocating for political reform? 

“If the majority of Scot’s vote for a party that want independence that’s a mandate”

Your words, didn’t happen, end of your argument. Guten tag Herr Consi

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Tut tut mr nice guy shining through again. Second time in a few days you’ve wished death on another poster 

Not exactly the picture of health yourself judging by that cringe pic version 1 posted. I sehs yer a fat cunt 

I don't care if you think I'm nice or not. 

CS is a danger. BB is a fucking nasty cunt. I don't care what happens to either of these folk. 

And I was about 11.5 stone in that pic. 

I wouldn't say that's fat, but you think what you like

Just now, NEM said:

“If the majority of Scot’s vote for a party that want independence that’s a mandate”

Your words, didn’t happen, end of your argument. Guten tag Herr Consi

How do you know they didn't? 

Pb made a good point, we don't know.

In any case, the amount of seats won= mandate.

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

How do you know they didn't? 

Pb made a good point, we don't know.

In any case, the amount of seats won= mandate.

Changing the goal posts cause you were talking shite. Quelle surprise 😄

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Changing the goal posts cause you were talking shite. Quelle surprise 😄

I was talking shite there. The SNP didn't get the majority of votes. 

IMO they still have a mandate to go and deliver Indy. 

The same way the WM Tories had a mandate to do all their heinous shit.

It can't be one but not the other. 

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

I've got three quines including two fae the EU here working for free. 

I just think it's common sense because it seems brexit is a fucking joke. 

Pics? 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Two different approaches. 

Yours is to reject everything you don't understand/is different to you. 

Mines is to reject people who take that POV. 

Go on then fuckin reject me.  You can't can you?  You're ego won't let you.  You enjoy your assumed intellectual, moral and ethical superiority too much for that.  You convince no cunt.

No doubt I'll hear from you shortly.  Spineless fuck all tied in a knot that you are.

2 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Go on then fuckin reject me.  You can't can you?  You're ego won't let you.  You enjoy your assumed intellectual, moral and ethical superiority too much for that.  You convince no cunt.

No doubt I'll hear from you shortly.  Spineless fuck all tied in a knot that you are.

You are ego won't let you 🤣