Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

28 minutes ago, CCB III said:

There is evidence that Scotland generally votes a different way to England. That's objective fact. 

So you're ok, as a Scotsman, knowing that most the time you go to the ballot in a GE, you'll have little to no influence on who the next PM is?

And in your own ideal scenario, you'll have even LESS of a say, because you would do away with Holyrood? 

I've never heard of servitude like it. 

You think Scotland, as a nation, should exist in constant opposition, why?

In constant opposition of what?🤔

By the way, like I've said before, I'm a cross breed.

You are very selective with your memory and proclaimed knowledge.

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

In constant opposition of what?🤔

By the way, like I've said before, I'm a cross breed.

You are very selective with your memory and proclaimed knowledge.

You're partly English. Clearly that has an influence. 

In constant opposition against the political entity that rules it. 

Scotland doesn't vote tory. England do. 

Should Scotland just accept it'll never have its choice of governance, and live its entire political world in opposition to whatever is imposed upon them from the bordering nation? 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

So Scotland should just surrender the entirety of its political decision making to England? 

Do you accept that Scottish and English people do vote differently and have different views on how their country should be ran? 

Are you advocating that Scottish people are to be fundamentally ignored purely because of their geographical size and population size? So, we keep voting LAB or SNP, England keep giving us a Tory PM, and Scotland as a nation just exists in constant opposition? What does that say about democracy?

Do you think being half English has any baring on your opinions?

boom

25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're partly English. Clearly that has an influence. 

In constant opposition against the political entity that rules it. 

Scotland doesn't vote tory. England do. 

Should Scotland just accept it'll never have its choice of governance, and live its entire political world in opposition to whatever is imposed upon them from the bordering nation? 

Clearly it doesn't have an influence and by the way don't you fucking dare take my English mother into this.

I can think for myself.

Labour will never win in my constituency but I'm true to myself and they represent my values, so your point is completely lost.

33 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Clearly it doesn't have an influence and by the way don't you fucking dare take my English mother into this.

I can think for myself.

Labour will never win in my constituency but I'm true to myself and they represent my values, so your point is completely lost.

I'm not saying you can't think for yourself, I'm saying being half English will influence your decision making. 

Ok, so what's the point then? You're happy for the majority in Scotland to turn up at an election, and just be supplementary to what our neighbours want? 

Nobody mentioned your mother you fucking fruitcake. Stop your Pearl clutching. Fud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3

The tide of Scottish voting changed about 2007 when we became a nation that votes for 1 principal, independence. Before that we voted also with labour/tories as main parties. I’d actually imagine if England got a ENP it would fair well too. We do need independence but can not vote for just on a 1 topic election. We need the parties to prove to us they can in an independent country do a better job. Once we get independence the Snp becomes a party with no hiding places.

8 hours ago, caledonia said:

@afc_blockhead says we cant have indy because a couple of ferries were late

but we can stay in the uk with corruption on a grand scale 

Did your mam name you blockhead?

Fucking hell. I remember what a spastic you are now

Ignore the collapse or failure of everything devolved? Ignore the lack of any logical economic plan that a 16 year old cant see is pish? Yup focus on ferrys

One thing is for sure your mum dropped you on your head when you were a baby.. im betting on purpose

• Dildo 3
8 hours ago, caledonia said:

This might come as a massive shock to you but in Scotland Labour are in bed with the Tories 

This might come as a shock to you but thats not true.

It IS a regular line the SNP say and the national repeats so again.. you are too fucking thick to see that all you are doing is believing all the SNP put out as fact.

The SNP in bed with the useless cunts at the greens is embarassing.

2007-2011 the SNP went in to coalition with the Tories

Its almost as if the SNP are full of shit

Still you choose to repeat the lines they tell you 

I dont think your mum just dropped you on your head when you were younger, i think she gave you a good kicking too. Only that can explain the dribbling simpleton you are

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 4
18 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

It IS a regular line the SNP say and the national repeats so again.. you are too fucking thick to see that all you are doing is believing all the SNP put out as fact.

I dont think your mum just dropped you on your head when you were younger, i think she gave you a good kicking too. Only that can explain the dribbling simpleton you are

I certainly don't remember that happening

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Boom

https://twitter.com/JamesEFoster/status/1546844408372494336?s=20&t=blzK1fxvPfUJraF5Ofd8tg

• Upvote 1

The farce continues. It will be brushed under the carpet by the Tories tomorrow nae doubt that SNP can stand by any manifesto they want.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to actually agree with any other politics other than Sturgeons you are saying you don’t want independence.

They are all completely off their heids. Reckon I might just not vote and laugh at the farce.

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
5 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

by the way don't you fucking dare take my English mother into this.

well since you suggested it....

Do you think there is a correlation between having an English mother who provides you with shelter, and your personal fascination to be mollycoddled and seek welfare from the British state? Reaching a semi erotic crescendo in which you desire to suckle from the weary teat of the Goddess Britannia?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
53 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

We are the farce Fridge, a country so impotent as to happily regurgitate the propaganda of it's own colonisers rather than face the hardship to think and act for ourselves. 

Well maybe, but it is hardly the right way to do it that if you are a Labour or Lib Dem voter that you basically can’t vote for them if you are also pro independence.

13 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I can think for myself.

Matt my wife's English born and bred Londoner she's a passionate YES.

But I think CCB is getting at in 2014 there was 418.000 of our English friends living in Scotland 75% of them voted no and most vote Tories.

It is what it is.

I'm hoping being out of Europe will boost our YES vote because that was a big deal for them in 2014..

6 hours ago, Fridge said:

Well maybe, but it is hardly the right way to do it that if you are a Labour or Lib Dem voter that you basically can’t vote for them if you are also pro independence.

But that wouldn’t be the case if English law and politics would allow the people of Scotland the democratic right to vote for their own independence.

It’s been 8 years since the last referendum and there are another 8 generations of young people now eligble to vote. They deserve their say.

How anyone can argue that scotlands independent fate would be any worse that it is now, being shackled by english incompetence and misconduct is beyond me. 

48 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Matt my wife's English born and bred Londoner she's a passionate YES.

But I think CCB is getting at in 2014 there was 418.000 of our English friends living in Scotland 75% of them voted no and most vote Tories.

It is what it is.

I'm hoping being out of Europe will boost our YES vote because that was a big deal for them in 2014..

Where do you pull these numbers from?

Do you have any actual evidence to back up that 75% of English people in Scotland in 2014 voted no and they vote conservative in elections.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

So no on the evidence then.

Just made up pish.

I cant remember where I read sadly but the figures have stuck in my mind....there were approx 380000 English born voters eligible to vote in the indyref and 92% of them voted no.

I'm presuming the second figure was extrapolated from pre-referendum opinion polls