Worth A Look?

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Wouldnt say so. Made his debut vs Saints and we got pumped 3-0 if I remeber rightly?
Never really given a chance and had to go to Ayr to prove himself, same could also be said of Dan Harvie I guess

Aye hauled off at HT, made the scapegoat IMO. 

13 hours ago, anderson72 said:

Is there any potential stand out youngsters coming through the youth ranks?

Heard about Ramsey and Mckenzie.

It will be cool to have exciting talent grace  and excite the fans.

Ethan Ross looked really promising when he broke through. The guy on loan to Cove, Ngwenya looks decent too. Ruth? 

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ethan Ross looked really promising when he broke through. The guy on loan to Cove, Ngwenya looks decent too. Ruth? 

I didn't see anything of promise in an Aberdeen shirt from Ethan Ross, Ngwenya was the fall guy from the Dingwall fiasco in January and subsequently saw his chances of being involved disappear while Ruth hasn't had much of a chance at first team level, think he did well during a loan spell at Arbroath though.

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I didn't see anything of promise in an Aberdeen shirt from Ethan Ross, Ngwenya was the fall guy from the Dingwall fiasco in January and subsequently saw his chances of being involved disappear while Ruth hasn't had much of a chance at first team level, think he did well during a loan spell at Arbroath though.

Agree re Ross, apart from doing alright v Dumbarton I’ve not seen much to think he will be a starter anytime soon unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

My Nephews mate is a coach with the under 15s and he reckons Hanratty is by far the best of the current prospects at Pittodrie

Suspect he could be one of the players that is shipped out to Atlanta B on loan. Could be good for his development and see him back with the first team before end of year. The length of his contract is a good indicator of how much the club rate him. Often just a 1 or 2 year deal.  

What happened to our alleged interest in Euan Murray 

we have still not got decent cb cover,

I thought he would have been a decent option for us not outstanding but would have definitely done a job 

surely we could get him before st mirren , Motherwell , Kilmarnock 

10 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

What happened to our alleged interest in Euan Murray 

we have still not got decent cb cover,

I thought he would have been a decent option for us not outstanding but would have definitely done a job 

surely we could get him before st mirren , Motherwell , Kilmarnock 

There a clue in who is interested in him.

26 year old who’s never played in the top league?

No thanks 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If he was 30 with a bit more experience it might be a different story

Yeah apparently that’s fine as we need a load o old ‘experienced pros’ to teach all the youngsters ? football is so complicated you can never win anything with youngsters 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No thanks 

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If he was 30 with a bit more experience it might be a different story

Depressingly true

If he was 30 and had 2 decent top league seasons and a season in the jail he would be our star signing

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No thanks 

So what kind of players do you want Aberdeen to be signing.

You don’t want anybody aged 30+ but also don’t want players coming into their prime with no top flight experience.

So all that’s left is young prospects who won’t come cheap to purchase or players in their prime with top flight experience who will cost a significant wedge of cash in fees and also in wages. Can Aberdeen really afford to sign as much players as they need for the coming season from that pool of players.

25 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

So what kind of players do you want Aberdeen to be signing.

You don’t want anybody aged 30+ but also don’t want players coming into their prime with no top flight experience.

So all that’s left is young prospects who won’t come cheap to purchase or players in their prime with top flight experience who will cost a significant wedge of cash in fees and also in wages. Can Aberdeen really afford to sign as much players as they need for the coming season from that pool of players.

I don't think we can afford not to