Worth A Look?

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

what a signing van hooijdonk would be*

*Foreigner I know nothing about = infinitely better than all players known to me

Hahaha,  i did that exact mistake once when outside Pittodrie getting asked questions by the Evenin Express about our new signings.  

Stupidly and with absolutely no proof or evidence other that the fact the player in question was Dutch, i suggested that De Vischer  would be a great signing hahah. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Surely we would be better giving our own Michael Ruth a chance before signing someone similar to him 

He’s got a much better pedigree than Ruth. He’s scored goals in a competitive league. Did Ruth even score for Arbroath last season? 

Is there actually genuine rumours of us being interested? 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re comparing a player who did hee haw at Arbroath to a player who scored 15 goals in the Eredivisie last season.

Really? 

NAC were in the eerste division last season not the eredivise 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re still making a ridiculous comparison.

That's your opinion,

As for me I would not advise anyone that they are making a ridiculous comparison between one of our own lads to someone we know absolutely sweet fcuk all about.  Are you regular subscriber to the Eerste Divisie ?

Some folks get affa het up in here straight off the bat right enough, but hey ho.

10 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

That's your opinion,

As for me I would not advise anyone that they are making a ridiculous comparison between one of our own lads to someone we know absolutely sweet fcuk all about.  Are you regular subscriber to the Eerste Divisie ?

Some folks get affa het up in here straight off the bat right enough, but hey ho.

I have been informed (usually spot on) that we are not pursuing Van Hooijdonk....and the deal for a different striker is a whisker away from being concluded. Thank goodness Clark Robertson doesn’t play up front! 

2 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

If this the same fella that numerous Championship clubs paying much more than £10K a week to players were wanting to sign in January but were unable to due to Brexit? Aye I could see this being a go-er right enough.......?

If he’s the real deal we should get the deal done at 10k. Likes of Brentford running at 180% wages to turnover but recruit very well. I wouldn’t want to go that far with wages to turnover but it’s a model that’s worked very well for them and a number of other clubs. We just need to appoint a good head of recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

If he’s the real deal we should get the deal done at 10k. Likes of Brentford running at 180% wages to turnover but recruit very well. I wouldn’t want to go that far with wages to turnover but it’s a model that’s worked very well for them and a number of other clubs. We just need to appoint a good head of recruitment. 

10k seems a bit steep for the club to be able to afford. And especially for an unknown quantity 

We certainly should not be paying £10k/week for anyone that is not pure gold.

I can't think of anyone on our radar who would merit that.

The highest i'd pay someone (even though he's actually pretty shit) is Martin Boyle as he's got over 10 goals and over 10 assists in our league for a few seasons running. That would be very valuable for us.

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

10k seems a bit steep for the club to be able to afford. And especially for an unknown quantity 

It is but that’s why we have to get better at recruiting. We have to speculate to do anything, that means spending big on wages on the hope we can sell them for big money in the future. I’m just speaking about 1 or 2 players on that kind of figures. Less first team players and more youth in squad to help balance the scales a bit. Our designated players if you like that are here as a stepping stone. They won’t all work out but as long as you have a good strike rate we can become more competitive and add more money to our turnover. If we can somehow get over the line and into European group stages and sell a player at least once a year we could be looking at additional 5-10m in turnover. That’s massive for us! 

44 minutes ago, slippers said:

It is but that’s why we have to get better at recruiting. We have to speculate to do anything, that means spending big on wages on the hope we can sell them for big money in the future. I’m just speaking about 1 or 2 players on that kind of figures. Less first team players and more youth in squad to help balance the scales a bit. Our designated players if you like that are here as a stepping stone. They won’t all work out but as long as you have a good strike rate we can become more competitive and add more money to our turnover. If we can somehow get over the line and into European group stages and sell a player at least once a year we could be looking at additional 5-10m in turnover. That’s massive for us! 

Aye but I still don't think I'd be paying 10k per week for a young player who hasn't played top division football in Holland 

The remit is now to look at youngsters to complete the first team.

Cormack and Glass promises to bring through the youth players.

This needs to allow them time to bed in.

Thus finding out of they sink or swim, and in the future bring revenue of transfer fees to the club, or get lost to the game.

Its attitude and desire needed to succeed, willingness to sacrifice for their profession also that young players need to understand.

ZA old head on young shoulders.

AFC give the grounding, they need to grasp the opportunity if they have the talent and work ethic.

Max Clark

Ex Hull City left back/midfielder available on a free. Was at Hull and left there to go to Vitesse and Holland after the manager that was at Huill went over there. Came back to Hull in Feb on short term loan to cover incase their fullback got injured.

Was earning rave reviews and linked with a number of premiership clubs only 2 years ago. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11877658/max-clark-on-england-link-sparked-by-his-eredivisie-form-at-vitesse

The manager then got sacked at Vitesse and he was out of favour with the new manager and has now been forgotten about. Quality player, Good on the ball, good tackler and good crosser of the ball. 

This guy is a really good player who could compete for the left back role and is also a good left/central midfielder. Like a younger ginger haired Graeme Shinnie who wouldnt be looking for wages we couldn't afford as just wants to get back to playing games again every week. Also would have a good sell on value as only 25, best years ahead of him and after getting regular game time would have the english scouts flocking back to see him. 

I suspect that we are going to go with Mackenzie at left back but just throwing an alternative option out there. 

2 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Max Clark

Ex Hull City left back/midfielder available on a free. Was at Hull and left there to go to Vitesse and Holland after the manager that was at Huill went over there. Came back to Hull in Feb on short term loan to cover incase their fullback got injured.

Was earning rave reviews and linked with a number of premiership clubs only 2 years ago. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11877658/max-clark-on-england-link-sparked-by-his-eredivisie-form-at-vitesse

The manager then got sacked at Vitesse and he was out of favour with the new manager and has now been forgotten about. Quality player, Good on the ball, good tackler and good crosser of the ball. 

This guy is a really good player who could compete for the left back role and is also a good left/central midfielder. Like a younger ginger haired Graeme Shinnie who wouldnt be looking for wages we couldn't afford as just wants to get back to playing games again every week. Also would have a good sell on value as only 25, best years ahead of him and after getting regular game time would have the english scouts flocking back to see him. 

I suspect that we are going to go with Mackenzie at left back but just throwing an alternative option out there. 

Signing for Fleetwood.