Worth A Look?

53 minutes ago, Zeus said:

My favourite part was when Christie put in the 2nd, the club 1872 reptiles above us were gan absolutely wild. 

Proper frothing at the mouth levels of rage. Tremendous ?

That was a wonderful sight. I was only a few seats from the cordon with the huns on that side of our section. Fucking delightful.

4 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

James Scott.

Striker at hull. Maybe hasn't settled after his move from Motherwell 

Suffered a bad ankle injury in his first training session with Hull after joining in January 2020. Kept him out the rest of that season.

Played 25 games last season and Hull promoted back to the Championship, whilst still suffering a few niggling injuries. Doesn't turn 21 till August, he's under contract for 2 more years and Hull have the option to extend that by 1 further year. All things considered, I think they'd want to keep him for now. A loan for 6 months might not be out of the question, but if they were to sell, you would think they'd want to recoup a fair chunk of their outlay for him at least.......even 50% would price him at £750k and well out of our budget. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Suffered a bad ankle injury in his first training session with Hull after joining in January 2020. Kept him out the rest of that season.

Played 25 games last season and Hull promoted back to the Championship, whilst still suffering a few niggling injuries. Doesn't turn 21 till August, he's under contract for 2 more years and Hull have the option to extend that by 1 further year. All things considered, I think they'd want to keep him for now. A loan for 6 months might not be out of the question, but if they were to sell, you would think they'd want to recoup a fair chunk of their outlay for him at least.......even 50% would price him at £750k and well out of our budget. 

With that injury record surprised Del wasn’t all over him anyway 

18 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I read that Daleho Irandust (no 19 for Hacken) is out of contract in December and Groiningen are interested.

Not saying we go for him, but worth a look in Thursdays game.

Remember and make eye contact with him as it definitely spooked them at Pittodrie.

• Downvote 1
On 7/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, RED_JOHN said:

Remember and make eye contact with him as it definitely spooked them at Pittodrie.

Its extremely unlikely I'll be able to make eye contact with him.

1) I'll be watching via the PPV stream so winna be at the game.

2) He's apparently injured. If so, he winna be on the pitch anyway. Apparently he picks up a lot of injuries, which maybe is why Groningen didn't pay a fee for him last year.

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Surely the likes of the boy Liam Scales from Shamrock Rovers that Celtic are looking at should be the type of player we should be trying to get in.

Relatively young and highly thought of and would perhaps have a good sell on once he's excelled with us.

Definitely. 

If St Mirren can have a reasonably effective scouting system in Ireland then there's no reason we can't either. 

9 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Surely the likes of the boy Liam Scales from Shamrock Rovers that Celtic are looking at should be the type of player we should be trying to get in.

Relatively young and highly thought of and would perhaps have a good sell on once he's excelled with us.

I've thought for a while we should be looking at the Irish Leagues.  Affordable players, who settle well in Scotland.

When Dundalk were doing well in Europe, we should have been all over them... there will have been a few others like Jamie McGrath.

Some of the other Irish teams are holding their own in Europe too... Bohemians beat PAOK Salonika last night in the UEFA Cup!  They will definitely have a couple of gems.  The guy that scored their goals last night was a youth player for Dundee United, before Brentford signed him (and was highly rated as a youngster).  He didn't make it at Brentford, but has somehow ended up in the league of Ireland.... I'll say it: 'Worth a Look?'

• Upvote 1

I could understand us looking at the Irish league if our own league was littered with good Irish players.

Its not though, the only player of real note that the majority of folk are mentioning, is McGrath. That tells you everything you need to know.

Try something different and tap into the Polish and Czech leagues to unearth some talent.  

One or two Poles in the team could also encourage some of the local Polish community to head to Pittodrie on match day aswell.