Worth A Look?

4 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Nobody wants to hear it but go ahead and sell fergs in Jan. The numbers wont be right but at least get a sell on. If this ramsey is really going to net 8 plus million do that too.

McCrorie can slide over to RB. Go out and get a good CB via transfer. Maybe a Mayembo or Trusty who could provide years of service.

I'm aware of two versatile attackers coming off contracts this winter. The king of concacaf goals johan venegas and joao rojas. Out wide right or left. Mid attacking. They both can play anywhere and venegas can also slide in at striker.

The team would be better for it. Both out of contract soon. Would serve as a hedges replacement too 

??‍♂️

8 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Nobody wants to hear it but go ahead and sell fergs in Jan. The numbers wont be right but at least get a sell on. If this ramsey is really going to net 8 plus million do that too.

McCrorie can slide over to RB. Go out and get a good CB via transfer. Maybe a Mayembo or Trusty who could provide years of service.

I'm aware of two versatile attackers coming off contracts this winter. The king of concacaf goals johan venegas and joao rojas. Out wide right or left. Mid attacking. They both can play anywhere and venegas can also slide in at striker.

The team would be better for it. Both out of contract soon. Would serve as a hedges replacement too 

We should sign them and loan them out to Atlanta. Time we got payback for the dross they have served us up so far.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:05 PM, RED_JOHN said:

We should sign them and loan them out to Atlanta. Time we got payback for the dross they have served us up so far.

The venez. International never got an opportunity here. I bet he'd do okay at fullback (left or right) if ramsey is sold. He either gets sold to ATL or is back here come Jan

28 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Van Veen would be an improvement , there’s too many Mr Beens in the team already. 

Pretty sure he was linked with us under McInnes era? He’s decent at best. Still not good enough in my opinion. But we have little to no options so see why people would take him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tony Watt is out of contract at the end of the season. As someone mentioned in the past few days, he was training with us for a short time under McInnes. Can play on the wing as well as up top. On current form he'd certainly offer more than JET. 

Graeme Shinnie is out of contract at the end of the season. Would you take him back? Would he want to come back or would he look for another move in England?

John Souttar is in his final year of his contract. Supposedly an Aberdeen fan. Would probably want to try England or stay with Hearts who have stuck by him during his terrible injury spell. Either way I doubt he'd want to sign for us.

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Tony Watt is out of contract at the end of the season. As someone mentioned in the past few days, he was training with us for a short time under McInnes. Can play on the wing as well as up top. On current form he'd certainly offer more than JET. 

Graeme Shinnie is out of contract at the end of the season. Would you take him back? Would he want to come back or would he look for another move in England?

John Souttar is in his final year of his contract. Supposedly an Aberdeen fan. Would probably want to try England or stay with Hearts who have stuck by him during his terrible injury spell. Either way I doubt he'd want to sign for us.

Watt for sure would be a decent back up. In horses for courses games, he might actually start ahead of Ramirez in some. And I'm sure they'd be able to play as a partnership if needed. Wouldn't break the bank either.

Shinnie....no. Was a great player for us in the past but we need to be looking to the future. If Derby don't offer him a new contract, he'll get a gig at the likes of Motherwell or St Mirren. Maybe even one of the Edinburgh sides.

Souttar.....if he can remain fit for the rest of the season then absolutely yes. Not sure why you think you doubt he'd want to sign for us. He is a fan as you said. I'm sure he would fancy a crack at England but ultimately it'll come down to who offers the best contract. Neilson has been in the press in the past week urging Souttar to sign a new contract........almost begging him to in fact. I think he knows that it's unlikely he will.

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Watt for sure would be a decent back up. In horses for courses games, he might actually start ahead of Ramirez in some. And I'm sure they'd be able to play as a partnership if needed. Wouldn't break the bank either.

Shinnie....no. Was a great player for us in the past but we need to be looking to the future. If Derby don't offer him a new contract, he'll get a gig at the likes of Motherwell or St Mirren. Maybe even one of the Edinburgh sides.

Souttar.....if he can remain fit for the rest of the season then absolutely yes. Not sure why you think you doubt he'd want to sign for us. He is a fan as you said. I'm sure he would fancy a crack at England but ultimately it'll come down to who offers the best contract. Neilson has been in the press in the past week urging Souttar to sign a new contract........almost begging him to in fact. I think he knows that it's unlikely he will.

I wasn't overly impressed by him last Saturday however he seems to have received a fair amount of plaudits this season since his return to football. Would appear to be a more than decent replacement for Considine in the long term. 

I can't see him joining us as its a sideways move going from Aberdeen to Hearts. I can see him signing on at Hearts to return the loyalty they've shown to him. England would be his most likely destination. Craig Levein only recently commented that he would have 30 caps for Scotland and be playing in the EPL had it not been for his injuries. 

On current form, I'd take Tony Watt as backup/rotational option. Like you said, I could even see him starting ahead of Ramirez in certain matches.

2 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Love to see us pick up a young Scottish player or two rather than guys who couldn't hack it in England. I know Glass needed to get guys in ( maybe he underestimated the SPL?) but recruiting is fundamental to our success and it has been 'hit and miss' so far at best.

Seeing as we haven't had a head of recruitment until most of our transfers were done hopefully we will see an up-turn in the quality of recruitment (certainly can't be worse than shite like Jenks, JET, Gurr, Longstaff etc)

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Seeing as we haven't had a head of recruitment until most of our transfers were done hopefully we will see an up-turn in the quality of recruitment (certainly can't be worse than shite like Jenks, JET, Gurr, Longstaff etc)

Richardson should’ve been shown the door at the same time as McInnes and his replacement in place before the start of the summer and not towards the end of the window

These is definitely a few on here’s I’d be happy with Aberdeen signing including the three mentioned above

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2022&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Dembele from Peterborough mainly plays through the middle but has also played RW and LW. 4 goals, 2 assists in 15 appearances.

Jamie McCart and Zander Clark from St Johnstone 

Jamie Hamilton of Hamilton is out of contract in the summer, wouldn’t be surprised if Aberdeen go back in for him 

It also stated Allan Campbell’s contract at Luton is up, surely that can’t be correct he only joined them last summer

If the stats I've seen on Luton's own website are correct, Campbell's only played 6 times (all starts) and been subbed off 4 times in those. Not sure if he's been injured or dropped for the matches he's missed, but he was out for 8 weeks, only returned to the side today. But Luton did pay a fee for him so I find it almost impossible to believe that he only signed a 1 year deal.

Jamie Mccart is the player we should have signed rather than Bates. But Bates was free.....worked out brilliantly for us that has

Jamie Hamilton is a very good footballing defender. But at 5ft 11 he's significantly undersized as central defenders go. If he could play right back he might be a shout to replace Ramsay though.

Dembele is destined for a club that pays a shitload more cash than we do though. Surprised he hasn't been called up for Scotland yet although he's maybe holding out for the Ivory Coast