Worth A Look?

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Never heard of him and no idea whether he's any good, but the first thought that came to mind when I clicked the link, saw his picture and read he was league 1 was "Chris Forrester / Stephen Gleason"

I remember getting stick from fellow posters over on mad when we signed Forrester and Gleeson….i said at the time both were terrible players after seeing them previously. I was spot on and trust me when I say McGrandles is not what we should be trying to sign. 

23 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I remember getting stick from fellow posters over on mad when we signed Forrester and Gleeson….i said at the time both were terrible players after seeing them previously. I was spot on and trust me when I say McGrandles is not what we should be trying to sign. 

But you said it was going to be a good transfer window omitting the shit and getting in decent replacements?, that was 2 days ago?, did you not state we would all be pleasantly surprised?.what happened ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

We were linked with Conor McGrandles under McInnes.

"Aberdeen have set their sights on MK Dons midfielder Conor McGrandles."

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/scottish-football-recap-hibs-trio-job-threat-celtic-midfielder-set-england-move-ex-english-chief-hearts-shakedown-aberdeen-near-key-signing-2885424

Speaking of MK Dons, we should be spending any money we get on their Scott Twine, best player in League One. Attacking goal scoring midfielder.

• Upvote 1
On 1/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, Ten Caat said:

McGrandles was very highly rated as a young loon at Falkirk. Signed for Norwich when he was still a teenager but ended up back on loan to Falkirk after about a year and IIRC almost immediately suffered a really bad broken leg.

Can't say I'd heard anything of him since but he must now be in his mid twenties. If he's at Lincoln then he's never really kicked on. Hope rumours of our interest are just that

Conor McGrandles could play in his sandals

He could work wonders with the ball

But then they gave him a medicinal compound

And now he hardly plays at all

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Yeah wouldn't surprise me. Reading fan on Talk sport the other day did say he took a MAJOR pay cut to go to them and his wages aren't as high as people might think, so fuck knows.

What he's earned earlier in his career,  even though if he's now on only £10k/wk (I'd imagine he'll be on decent bonuses whatever his basic is) it'd still cover his mortgage or rent on a luxury house in the London area comfortably and finance his lifestyle . Minimal talent just a big old battering ram in the style of Joe Jordan in the seventies. Although given the choice I'd have Jordan every time. 

Absolutely landed on his feet  in his football career, But he's shacked up with that whiney bint Mucklow so swings and roundabouts I guess. What God gives with one hand, he takes away with the other