Worth A Look?

2 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Aye I don’t get the whole if the likes St Johnstone at looking at someone that we shouldn’t be touching them mentality.
People thought we we’re too good to be looking at Ross Stewart who’s now in the form of his life.

Aye. I don't know if the boy is any good hence the question but there's plenty of good level English teams at Premier and championship level scouting in our lower leagues and picking up players. If it's good enough for them it should be good enough for us. 

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. I don't know if the boy is any good hence the question but there's plenty of good level English teams at Premier and championship level scouting in our lower leagues and picking up players. If it's good enough for them it should be good enough for us. 

ICT have a history of producing good youngsters so there's a chance he'll be a good player. Haven't seen him play personally so wouldn't know. If we won't stump up for McGrath we won't pay out for a young CH from the league below. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

ICT have a history of producing good youngsters so there's a chance he'll be a good player. Haven't seen him play personally so wouldn't know. If we won't stump up for McGrath we won't pay out for a young CH from the league below. 

Should always be a bit of budget left available to pick up good young players from our own leagues on the cheap. 

They are 'emerging talents' after all. And that's how we picked up the likes of McLean and Ferguson in previous years. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should most definitely be looking at the lower leagues for talent. Most clubs now have a good coaching pathways for kids. They are getting good skills and practice installed in them from a young age. They also get more 1st team game time at these clubs. (which is why our young talent goes out on loan). Buying from these clubs allows them to reinvest in youth development. It also allows us to further  develop good talent and hopefully bring them through to first team level and then sell on. Makes a lot more sense to me than loaning second rate driffle from English clubs 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit snobby. 

St Johnstone offering 150k for a young championship centre back is a big commitment for them. 

You think we're too good to be looking in the championship at young players? 

Only seen him in brief highlights of matches on tv and he looked fairly decent.

But right now he wouldn't get a game for us unless we had injuries

He's better off playing and getting more experience. St Johnstone will give him this at a higher level than he's at just now.

If he kicks on there I'd have no problem trying to buy him in 18 months time to replace Gallagher (assuming Gallagher sees out his contract with us)

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Only seen him in brief highlights of matches on tv and he looked fairly decent.

But right now he wouldn't get a game for us unless we had injuries

He's better off playing and getting more experience. St Johnstone will give him this at a higher level than he's at just now.

If he kicks on there I'd have no problem trying to buy him in 18 months time to replace Gallagher (assuming Gallagher sees out his contract with us)

Problem is we struggle to attract them these days once they've stepped up to other Premier teams. Their next eye is on England 

2 hours ago, moray1903 said:

We should most definitely be looking at the lower leagues for talent. Most clubs now have a good coaching pathways for kids. They are getting good skills and practice installed in them from a young age. They also get more 1st team game time at these clubs. (which is why our young talent goes out on loan). Buying from these clubs allows them to reinvest in youth development. It also allows us to further  develop good talent and hopefully bring them through to first team level and then sell on. Makes a lot more sense to me than loaning second rate driffle from English clubs 

Aberdeen need to be looking at scouts instead of the girl guides they have scouting just now. 

• Haha 1
On 1/15/2022 at 10:29 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

Robbie Deas, centre back at Inverness 

Any one seen him play? 

Left sided centre half. Was at Celtic youths and loaned out to Cowdenbeath where he did well, then Alloa where he also did well. Ok on the ball and gets stuck in, not rapid but a solid player who seems to be improving. 
His Uncle Paul Deas was a left back for St Johnstone.

A good lad with a great attitude.

52 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Left sided centre half. Was at Celtic youths and loaned out to Cowdenbeath where he did well, then Alloa where he also did well. Ok on the ball and gets stuck in, not rapid but a solid player who seems to be improving. 

Cheers min. 

1 hour ago, Glass half full said:

Cheers Paul.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, shooftahmooftah said:

Aberdeen need to be looking at scouts instead of the girl guides they have scouting just now. 

You're a mental deficient. Honestly, reading your posts causes me actual pain, you're dreadful, probably the worst on here, and thats saying something when your up against the likes of red yawn and millermong. You need to try to better yourself, really, take a long look at yourself and figure out what makes you the way you are and fix it. Please, for yourself if nothing else. 

• Upvote 6
18 hours ago, don corleone said:

You're a mental deficient. Honestly, reading your posts causes me actual pain, you're dreadful, probably the worst on here, and thats saying something when your up against the likes of red yawn and millermong. You need to try to better yourself, really, take a long look at yourself and figure out what makes you the way you are and fix it. Please, for yourself if nothing else. 

The fricking godfather speaks. ?

14 hours ago, Chester Don said:

I really like that lad Regan Cook at Ross County.  I know he is a loaner but if Hedge moves on could be a great option.  Liked him long before tonight’s two goals also before anyone suggests that. 

He looks a bit like Ojo... maybe next time we play Ross County, we could just swap the two of them after the game and hope Ross County don't notice until it's too late.

• Haha 2