Worth A Look?

Sounds like those who were keen for us to sign Regan Charles Cook are going to be disappointed. And, might put some of that apparently he said on sky that the big three in Scotland are the old firm and Hearts.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/regan-charles-cook-ross-county-to-resist-late-bids-hibs-link-out-of-contract-at-the-end-of-the-season-3548016

Makes sense for County to hold on to him at least until the summer as its unlikely they will be able to get someone else in at this stage who will score the amount of goals and win the points he has won for them. 

I still think it would make more sense to target their other winger Joseph Hungbo as there would be more chance of getting him.. He is quite a similar player in style to what Hedges was for us, he is very quick which is something we don't really have now, good on set pieces and although he hasn't scored the goals RCC has i believe he has more improvement in him and with good coaching would get a lot better.

Similar to what happened with the right back Clarke who was on loan from Arsenal at County, Watford could cancel the loan and sell to us or even loan to us on better terms than he currently is. I guess Malky Mackay still has lots of contacts at Watford though so maybe they will just be happy to have him there with him and getting guaranteed game time. 

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

So @Simosmashed my knee you mentioned Adeleke Oluwatobiloba Omole before that thread disappeared?

Would this be a permanent transfer from Tottenham or a loan deal?

His name was mentioned to me, probably on a list of possibilities, would be a calculated risk good pedigree however lacks experience and JG said ideally 24-28 age range which indicates maybe 100ish games.

Out of contract at Spurs would be dependant on development fee via risk I would imagine. This transfer window is going to get us all excited or an absolute disaster, I just hope its not the latter. COYR

6 hours ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

JG mentioned that Hearts was the model to follow, they have targeted the English PL2 players, Simms, Baningime, Woodburn etc - I would imagine maybe a couple of trialists will make the flight to Spain from that 'new direction' 

Woodburn is from Liverpool is he not?

17 hours ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

His name was mentioned to me, probably on a list of possibilities, would be a calculated risk good pedigree however lacks experience and JG said ideally 24-28 age range which indicates maybe 100ish games.

Out of contract at Spurs would be dependant on development fee via risk I would imagine. This transfer window is going to get us all excited or an absolute disaster, I just hope its not the latter. COYR

Omole is one of the 13 names on Tottenham's released list.

8 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Was, he’s just been released. Didn’t seem that great against Aberdeen from what I can remember 

The majority of jambos don’t particularly like him. One of those ‘there’s a player in there’ types who was underperforming, from what I can gather. 

Got to know Ben well in his time here. Nicest guy in the world. Quiet. Unassuming. 

Kind of felt he needed some anger, rage and ego in him to step up. Dunno. 

His preferred role is bit deeper coming onto the game. We played him up front or on the wing. Maybe more central behind a no9. 

Def talent there. You don't get to Liverpool and them ask £15m for you cos you're hopeless.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Got to know Ben well in his time here. Nicest guy in the world. Quiet. Unassuming. 

Kind of felt he needed some anger, rage and ego in him to step up. Dunno. 

His preferred role is bit deeper coming onto the game. We played him up front or on the wing. Maybe more central behind a no9. 

Def talent there. You don't get to Liverpool and them ask £15m for you cos you're hopeless.

No-one cares 

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 3
15 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I certainly got the impression that Neilson either didn't know his best position or probably more likely just couldn't fit him into the line-up.  I don't know if it would be fair to say that since Simms came in, Hearts have Boyce and Mackay doing well, roaming around a bit more playing off Simms, and so it had become difficult to get Woodburn in the line-up?

In the game we won at Pittodrie this season, Hearts were a better team when he was on the pitch and as was said further back he's a player that "has something" but just never really caught fire at Hearts.  Still probably has that youthful inconsistency that can only be shaken off by playing regularly.

For me, if he could find that consistency, he'd do well in this league as an inverted winger, sitting off the main striker, not quite as a number 10 but coming in off the channels, the role that Hedges played for us.

I'd certainly have a consistently performing Woodburn here, he has the ability, but the problem with these released ex-EPL-youth or EPL2 types is that they're exposed to a high wage come-down and so he'd represent a gamble for anyone in our league.