Worth A Look?

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I'd certainly have a consistently performing Woodburn here, he has the ability, but the problem with these released ex-EPL-youth or EPL2 types is that they're exposed to a high wage come-down and so he'd represent a gamble for anyone in our league.

JamesWilson-syndrome. Undoubtedly a talented player, burst onto the scene as a youngster, but for one reason or another a few years down the line hasn't fulfilled his potential, yet still demands a large wage due to his name.

29 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

JamesWilson-syndrome. Undoubtedly a talented player, burst onto the scene as a youngster, but for one reason or another a few years down the line hasn't fulfilled his potential, yet still demands a large wage due to his name.

I'm not even convinced he'll have nearly as good a career as Wilson. Big no to Woodburn as a first pick, and for his own good he should be declining to come as a squad player

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I certainly got the impression that Neilson either didn't know his best position or probably more likely just couldn't fit him into the line-up.  I don't know if it would be fair to say that since Simms came in, Hearts have Boyce and Mackay doing well, roaming around a bit more playing off Simms, and so it had become difficult to get Woodburn in the line-up?

In the game we won at Pittodrie this season, Hearts were a better team when he was on the pitch and as was said further back he's a player that "has something" but just never really caught fire at Hearts.  Still probably has that youthful inconsistency that can only be shaken off by playing regularly.

For me, if he could find that consistency, he'd do well in this league as an inverted winger, sitting off the main striker, not quite as a number 10 but coming in off the channels, the role that Hedges played for us.

I'd certainly have a consistently performing Woodburn here, he has the ability, but the problem with these released ex-EPL-youth or EPL2 types is that they're exposed to a high wage come-down and so he'd represent a gamble for anyone in our league.

Simms is quality. Physical. Pacey. Was just starting to grow in confidence with goals. Would love to see him back. 

Depends on formation. Neilson has went with a 5 2 2 1. Mackay has adapted well. I think Boyce hasn't. He's not an AMF. He splits the Hearts fans. 

Neilson been criticised for 5 defenders and two DMFs. I think we'll have Mackay, Ronan and Forrest all behind a CF. Or someone like Ronan if we don't get him. And be more attacking. We don't need 3 centre halves for St Mirren at home. 

Woodburn is a gamble, I'd say too big for our clubs to sign long term. He'd be your highest earner, or thereabouts, for a Hearts bench player, and based on what he might become. Leave that to a Championship club down south to gamble. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Simms is quality. Physical. Pacey. Was just starting to grow in confidence with goals. Would love to see him back. 

Depends on formation. Neilson has went with a 5 2 2 1. Mackay has adapted well. I think Boyce hasn't. He's not an AMF. He splits the Hearts fans. 

Neilson been criticised for 5 defenders and two DMFs. I think we'll have Mackay, Ronan and Forrest all behind a CF. Or someone like Ronan if we don't get him. And be more attacking. We don't need 3 centre halves for St Mirren at home. 

Woodburn is a gamble, I'd say too big for our clubs to sign long term. He'd be your highest earner, or thereabouts, for a Hearts bench player, and based on what he might become. Leave that to a Championship club down south to gamble. 

No-one cares 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Fuck off.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Paul mcginn ? As he seems to be out now at hibs , steady enough Goodwin knows him and could be used in conjunction with Kieran Ngwenya to give a gradual intro to spl 

or is that too sensible thinking for AFC ??

Surely if he’s not good enough for hibs we shouldn’t be looking to get a hold of him? 31 too. It’s a big no! 

On his best day McGinn's a 5/10 player, solid if unspectacular. Gets ruthlessly exposed in big games when up against superior players/opposition. At 31 he's not going to develop and there's no resale value in him. Would be heartbreaking to go from one of the brightest prospects we've had over the last 20-30 years to a carthorse.

5 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Will Vaulks released by Cardiff. Had a reasonably solid career since leaving Falkirk. 

I can't actually believe he's still only 28. Thought/expected him to be older than that. Not the worst shout I've ever heard however expect him to be more a "McInnes" type of signing than a Goodwin. Not to say I wouldn't take him.

As you say he's had more than a decent career since leaving Falkirk.