Worth A Look?

35 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

So what kind of players do you want Aberdeen to be signing.

You don’t want anybody aged 30+ but also don’t want players coming into their prime with no top flight experience.

So all that’s left is young prospects who won’t come cheap to purchase or players in their prime with top flight experience who will cost a significant wedge of cash in fees and also in wages. Can Aberdeen really afford to sign as much players as they need for the coming season from that pool of players.

I have never said I don’t want us to sign anybody over 30.

Show me where I have. 

33 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I have never said I don’t want us to sign anybody over 30.

Show me where I have. 

Sorry, anymore over 30s.
Still you only have the same pool of players. Youth or players in prime with top flight experience. 

42 minutes ago, NEM said:

I don't think we can afford not to

Can the club afford to tho. Almost broke even with Covid-19, not sure how many fans will be allowed back in pittodrie and every club Aberdeen would want players from wanting the highest price possible to help make up for covid loses. That’s not including have any players that fit the requirements been scouted. 

The sale of Ferguson would significantly help finance new signing if Aberdeen had the players in before Ferguson was sold. It would allow Aberdeen to negotiate better deals as clubs wouldn’t know they had Ferguson money to spend, Levy done it when selling Bale. Bought before Bale was sold all whilst he said Bale wouldn’t leave. 

There needs to be a balance. Good to have 2 or 3 over 30s in the squad but 9, which it would be if McGinn and this US striker signs??

If fees are to be paid, use that for McGrath, or McKenzie at ICT, or Hendry at Raith. Under 24 year olds

And sign a few 25 to 30s yr olds on Bosmans.

Im not seeing any clear transfer strategy here, addressing  pace, age, goals etc etc 

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

Sorry, anymore over 30s.
Still you only have the same pool of players. Youth or players in prime with top flight experience. 

Can the club afford to tho. Almost broke even with Covid-19, not sure how many fans will be allowed back in pittodrie and every club Aberdeen would want players from wanting the highest price possible to help make up for covid loses. That’s not including have any players that fit the requirements been scouted. 

The sale of Ferguson would significantly help finance new signing if Aberdeen had the players in before Ferguson was sold. It would allow Aberdeen to negotiate better deals as clubs wouldn’t know they had Ferguson money to spend, Levy done it when selling Bale. Bought before Bale was sold all whilst he said Bale wouldn’t leave. 

Broke? Cormack has already said the club has lost circa 200k in 1 of the toughest years in clubs history. We are in very solid footing compared to majority if not all other clubs. Only uncertainty is how much fans will be allowed back next season.  

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

There needs to be a balance. Good to have 2 or 3 over 30s in the squad but 9, which it would be if McGinn and this US striker signs??

If fees are to be paid, use that for McGrath, or McKenzie at ICT, or Hendry at Raith. Under 24 year olds

And sign a few 25 to 30s yr olds on Bosmans.

Im not seeing any clear transfer strategy here, addressing  pace, age, goals etc etc 

Fees will be paid for a few players. Everyone trying to hold each other to ransom at this stage. It’s who blinks first. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Broke? Cormack has already said the club has lost circa 200k in 1 of the toughest years in clubs history. We are in very solid footing compared to majority if not all other clubs. Only uncertainty is how much fans will be allowed back next season.  

Lost 200k in a season of 2 record sells. We need to sell our best players just to remain close to even.

we pay bigger wages than the other clubs and rely on bigger crowds and sold out corporate attendance to do so. 

other teams don’t have as big a gap to fill as us. I’d say we are probably one of the most worst off sides in Scotland. If not the!

40 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Lost 200k in a season of 2 record sells. We need to sell our best players just to remain close to even.

we pay bigger wages than the other clubs and rely on bigger crowds and sold out corporate attendance to do so. 

other teams don’t have as big a gap to fill as us. I’d say we are probably one of the most worst off sides in Scotland. If not the!

Aye I agree. 

The club did well to bridge the gap to just 200k with the two sales and the insurance all things considered 

Only really one player left though that can command that type of fee in the short term if full crowds and corporate aren't available next season. 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The club had 10m shortfall and have basically covered it. Absolute superb from them. As I’ve always said it’s a real shame we finally sell players for a decent fee and its used to plug a gap caused by covid and not reinvested into the football operation. We are in a pretty decent position if we get partial or full crowds early next season considering last years obstacles. If we don’t get crowds next season that’s another matter and we would be in a poor situation like everyone else again. Surely with euros being aloud 25% attendances and talk of close to full crowds in England again we at very least will have 25% attendance at start of season if not more? 

Everyone else just assuming there won’t be fans aloud in to stadium come start of season? 

4 hours ago, slippers said:

Misspelling . I meant break even. Not broke as in skint. 

3 hours ago, slippers said:

The club had 10m shortfall and have basically covered it. Absolute superb from them. As I’ve always said it’s a real shame we finally sell players for a decent fee and its used to plug a gap caused by covid and not reinvested into the football operation. We are in a pretty decent position if we get partial or full crowds early next season considering last years obstacles. If we don’t get crowds next season that’s another matter and we would be in a poor situation like everyone else again. Surely with euros being aloud 25% attendances and talk of close to full crowds in England again we at very least will have 25% attendance at start of season if not more? 

Everyone else just assuming there won’t be fans aloud in to stadium come start of season? 

Aye but other teams are basically in the same position as us without having to sell anyone

we can’t do the same again next season unless we absolutely rake it in for ferguson

as you say, it’s pretty gutting we finally sell players and it’s effectively just to “keep up” rather than push on 

7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye but other teams are basically in the same position as us without having to sell anyone

we can’t do the same again next season unless we absolutely rake it in for ferguson

as you say, it’s pretty gutting we finally sell players and it’s effectively just to “keep up” rather than push on 

Yeah let’s hope things return to normal as Ferguson is the only player that holds any real value in our squad. Once he’s gone he haven’t got anyone else to balance the books. 

Think we are going to push the boat out rightly or wrongly though. Just based on what Cormack has said, I know a lot of people think he speaks shite but I think he is taking us in right direction. Signing a number of 30+ year olds on 2 year deals to build team around then bring in a number of younger player over the next couple of years will hopefully create a nice blend. Hopefully will take us to next level within that period. I probably have more faith then most. 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, slippers said:

The club had 10m shortfall and have basically covered it. Absolute superb from them. As I’ve always said it’s a real shame we finally sell players for a decent fee and its used to plug a gap caused by covid and not reinvested into the football operation. We are in a pretty decent position if we get partial or full crowds early next season considering last years obstacles. If we don’t get crowds next season that’s another matter and we would be in a poor situation like everyone else again. Surely with euros being aloud 25% attendances and talk of close to full crowds in England again we at very least will have 25% attendance at start of season if not more

We ideally need to get towards the 50%. That would cover most of the season ticket holders (typically)

If were in Level 0 by then, why not?

41 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Should just let in whoever wants or "feel safe" 

If your still a bitty weary, watch it on redtv. 

They'll be a new Variant come August 

It would be nice if we get a couple of games under our belt before the inevitable. 

I reckon the club should be charging £35 a ticket for the euro game in July.

44 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There'll always be new variants due to people allowing the virus to spread and become something more than it is, key thing is, as long as the variant has the key protein cell every vaccine will be effective on it.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, Zeus said:

With the half baked borders policy the folk "running" the country have in place only a matter of time before there is a variant of real concern that will seriously effect the permanent opening up of football grounds.

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

The guy Durmus is leaving St Mirren but staying in Scotland according to Goodwin, would he be worth a punt? 

* Never mind, I read it wrong he is leaving Scotland so no.

I think he is ok but we have a few ok wingers.

We need to sign one absolute star winger, and cobble through on the other side for 6-12 months.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We need a left winger.

Swansea have just released one that used to play up here.... 

Would folk want Barrie McKay, or does the hun links rule him out for some/most?

If McInnes was here we'd have went after him. 

Probably a good shout for a move to Hearts 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We need a left winger.

Swansea have just released one that used to play up here.... 

Would folk want Barrie McKay, or does the hun links rule him out for some/most?

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If McInnes was here we'd have went after him. 

Probably a good shout for a move to Hearts 

I'd be happy to go for him and 100% agree McInnes would have been chasing him tongue wagging (he'd also have a bigger budget for a winger as it seemed like he was pushing McGinn (and Logan and Devlin) out from October to February)

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The fact that Swansea punted him to Fleetwood on loan suggests to me he isn't good enough. Same argument stands for Swansea dross as stands for Atlanta dross. His hun roots just seal the deal for me. No....

Aye. They're happy to let McKay go but offering 36 year old Wayne Routkedge a new contract. Says it all really 

He certainly had talent but definitely had an ego which outweighed it. He came across as a total cock. A hun rat looking cunt with an attitude like Ryan Kent. Unfortunately for him, he's nowhere near as talented as Kent. 

If he'd had an attitude check and still had his talent, he could be a good signing. Given his career trajectory though, I doubt either of this things are true.