Worth A Look?

58 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Only takes one English club to be interested and no chance. As per Campbell and Luton with us. Think he'd be a standout up here, but can't see it. Great player. Especially by SPFL standards. 

Is he left or right footed? He’s the kind of player we should be prepared to pay a big wage (by our standards) to get him North. Cormack said we would speculate to accumulate and he’s the kind of player that fits the bill without being to unrealistic. We are a perfect stepping stone club for players to get good playing time. 

44 minutes ago, slippers said:

Is he left or right footed? He’s the kind of player we should be prepared to pay a big wage (by our standards) to get him North. Cormack said we would speculate to accumulate and he’s the kind of player that fits the bill without being to unrealistic. We are a perfect stepping stone club for players to get good playing time. 

Right footed but we played him on the left of centre and so have Burnley when he's played for them. Dyche says he's still a lot to learn. But I thought his positioning and decision making was part of his strength. He's quick, good in the air and comfortable on the ball. Plus he's a great lad. The dressing room liked him. Can't see it though. But him and Souttar would be class for us. I know he wants guaranteed first team football. Not just money. Still think he'll go English Championship. 

• Dildo 1

A name i'd like to suggest is Josh Sims who has been freed by Southampton.

First came on the scene as a youngster playing for Southampton in PL, got rave reviews and was thought as someone who was going to go a long way.

Similar type of player to Ryan Fraser in stature and that he could play on either wing or floating about off a main striker. Loves to just run at people and take them on. Very exciting player, with pace and dribbling ability, and the ability to see a pass. exactly what we need.

found it hard to establish himself as a regular at Southampton , so been out on loan at a few clubs like Reading in championship but the style of play didn't really suit and also had a spell in the states at New York Red Bulls, then Went to Doncaster on loan at the start of last season and was terrific for a few months and showed he was definitely a class above Leaugue 1. Then he picked up an injury, The manager Darren Moore left, they lost a few of their best players and the whole team lost form so the interest he was getting may have dropped off.

I think he could be person who could make a difference for us in the final third and would link well with Hedges similar to what Wright was doing in the first half of last season. He still has huge potential so if we could get him, keep him fit and firing like he can, he would score and set up goals and would have big sell on potential.

It might be that Darren Moore who is now at Sheffield Wed and who was the manager who took him to Doncaster will be keen to take him there but they obviously they need to reduce wage bill after relegation so they might need to offload people before they can bring  people in. Hopefully our director of recruitment can nip in and get him signed up here first.

23 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

A name i'd like to suggest is Josh Sims who has been freed by Southampton.

First came on the scene as a youngster playing for Southampton in PL, got rave reviews and was thought as someone who was going to go a long way.

Similar type of player to Ryan Fraser in stature and that he could play on either wing or floating about off a main striker. Loves to just run at people and take them on. Very exciting player, with pace and dribbling ability, and the ability to see a pass. exactly what we need.

found it hard to establish himself as a regular at Southampton , so been out on loan at a few clubs like Reading in championship but the style of play didn't really suit and also had a spell in the states at New York Red Bulls, then Went to Doncaster on loan at the start of last season and was terrific for a few months and showed he was definitely a class above Leaugue 1. Then he picked up an injury, The manager Darren Moore left, they lost a few of their best players and the whole team lost form so the interest he was getting may have dropped off.

I think he could be person who could make a difference for us in the final third and would link well with Hedges similar to what Wright was doing in the first half of last season. He still has huge potential so if we could get him, keep him fit and firing like he can, he would score and set up goals and would have big sell on potential.

It might be that Darren Moore who is now at Sheffield Wed and who was the manager who took him to Doncaster will be keen to take him there but they obviously they need to reduce wage bill after relegation so they might need to offload people before they can bring  people in. Hopefully our director of recruitment can nip in and get him signed up here first.

Apparently Portsmouth are after Josh Sims. Despite the massive debts Portsmouth are accruing they'll still be able to offer him more than ourselves. He'll have a lot of interest in England.

I don't believe sourcing a new goalkeeper is an immediate priority however I wouldn't be against us signing Liam Kelly who is currently available on loan.

Ryan Giles is available on loan from Wolves. 21 year old left winger. Played 42 games in the English Championship this past season for Rotherham and Coventry.

It's being reported today that Derby could receive a points deduction for accounting irregularities which would deem them relegated from the Championship. Wonder if Shinnie could/would become available as a result of the financial trouble Derby are currently in especially if they are relegated.

12 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Apparently Portsmouth are after Josh Sims. Despite the massive debts Portsmouth are accruing they'll still be able to offer him more than ourselves. He'll have a lot of interest in England.

I don't believe sourcing a new goalkeeper is an immediate priority however I wouldn't be against us signing Liam Kelly who is currently available on loan.

Ryan Giles is available on loan from Wolves. 21 year old left winger. Played 42 games in the English Championship this past season for Rotherham and Coventry.

It's being reported today that Derby could receive a points deduction for accounting irregularities which would deem them relegated from the Championship. Wonder if Shinnie could/would become available as a result of the financial trouble Derby are currently in especially if they are relegated.

And play Shinnie at left back?!

43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

^^^

So summarising: -

• Nae good enough for Southampton
  • Nae good enough for Reading
  • Had a good couple of months at Doncaster
  • Injured and failed to rediscover form

Are you Russ Richardson ;)

Just the case that I've seen him play and know he is a very good player who could do an excellent job for us. and he fits a similar profile to Ryan Hedges when we brought him up here as he hadn't quite fulfilled the potential or found the right club to help him reach the levels he is capable of.  

And using your summarising technique: I could do the same for JET who I know you have supported as a good signing -

• Nae good enough for Arsenal
  • Nae good enough for Blackpool
  • nae good enough for Doncaster
  • nae good enough for Cardiff
  • nae good enough for Ipswich
  • nae good enough for QPR
  • nae good enough for MK Dons
  • nae good enough for Gillingham
  • nae good enough for PT Rayong
  • Had a good couple of months at Livingston
  • Injured and failed to rediscover form at several clubs in amongst that.
  • Actually just didn't do anything & couldn't be arsed playing for anyone for a couple of years.    

Sorry its not Russ here, I'm actually Stephen Glass ?

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Just the case that I've seen him play and know he is a very good player who could do an excellent job for us. and he fits a similar profile to Ryan Hedges when we brought him up here as he hadn't quite fulfilled the potential or found the right club to help him reach the levels he is capable of.  

And using your summarising technique: I could do the same for JET who I know you have supported as a good signing -

• Nae good enough for Arsenal
  • Nae good enough for Blackpool
  • nae good enough for Doncaster
  • nae good enough for Cardiff
  • nae good enough for Ipswich
  • nae good enough for QPR
  • nae good enough for MK Dons
  • nae good enough for Gillingham
  • nae good enough for PT Rayong
  • Had a good couple of months at Livingston
  • Injured and failed to rediscover form at several clubs in amongst that.
  • Actually just didn't do anything & couldn't be arsed playing for anyone for a couple of years.    

Sorry its not Russ here, I'm actually Stephen Glass ?

Ach I was just jesting with you.

That's a bite though :fishing:

Incidentally, what comments have I made about JET? I think you'll find I said it was a lazy signing ?

• 3 weeks later...