Worth A Look?

1 hour ago, Robin Askwith said:

I could understand us looking at the Irish league if our own league was littered with good Irish players.

Its not though, the only player of real note that the majority of folk are mentioning, is McGrath. That tells you everything you need to know.

Try something different and tap into the Polish and Czech leagues to unearth some talent.  

One or two Poles in the team could also encourage some of the local Polish community to head to Pittodrie on match day aswell. 

Unfortunately with Brexit this market is much harder to tap into

5 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

I could understand us looking at the Irish league if our own league was littered with good Irish players.

One or two Poles in the team could also encourage some of the local Polish community to head to Pittodrie on match day aswell. 

Who’se going to wash folks cars it these buggers go to Pittodrie?

9 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Blacks after they've stolen them.

I got banned earlier on for suggesting we sign Pakistani and Chinese players….I was being serious. I know who the moderator was who banned me and I can only assume there was an uneasy racial disparity which the moderator may not have liked. I can accept any race of people at Aberdeen FC….shame on those who cannot.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 6:00 PM, King Street Loon said:

Surely the likes of the boy Liam Scales from Shamrock Rovers that Celtic are looking at should be the type of player we should be trying to get in.

Relatively young and highly thought of and would perhaps have a good sell on once he's excelled with us.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 3:43 AM, Sonoftherock said:

I've thought for a while we should be looking at the Irish Leagues.  Affordable players, who settle well in Scotland.

When Dundalk were doing well in Europe, we should have been all over them... there will have been a few others like Jamie McGrath.

Some of the other Irish teams are holding their own in Europe too... Bohemians beat PAOK Salonika last night in the UEFA Cup!  They will definitely have a couple of gems.  The guy that scored their goals last night was a youth player for Dundee United, before Brentford signed him (and was highly rated as a youngster).  He didn't make it at Brentford, but has somehow ended up in the league of Ireland.... I'll say it: 'Worth a Look?'

If Scales was out of contract he would have been a good option with his ability to play left centre back but also versatile and can play left back, wing back or even midfield but he is still under contract until Dec 2022 I believe and the fee being talked about of £600k  - £750k to sign Scales from Shamrock is not one I would say is affordable at all. That seems a lot of money for a 23 year old who has only played in 60 odd games in the Irish top flight. He looks like he has a lot of potential but I definitely wouldn't be risking pay that sort of money on him

Especially when the likes of Kerr and McCart who are still young centre backs, proven in our league and with potential to also improve are probably available for much less. And people on here last week were saying they didn't think we should pay £400-£500k for Jamie McGrath who again is a proven player in our league and again with potential improve further and a big sale on value.

As for that we should have been all over Dundalk for their star players when they were doing well. The star man was Daryl Horgan who went to Preston, then Hibs and I think is now at Wycombe he has done ok but not exactly set the heather on fire. The top scorer was David McMillan who went to St Johnstone but couldn't get a regular game and is now back in Ireland. and the defensive giant at the back was Andy Boyle who joined Preston as well but could get into the first team and ended up out on loan at Doncaster, Dundee and Ross County before heading back to Dundalk.

It should also be said we do scout in Ireland from a young age as can be seen by bringing over Connor Power and Luke Turner to join our youth teams

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

If Scales was out of contract he would have been a good option with his ability to play left centre back but also versatile and can play left back, wing back or even midfield but he is still under contract until Dec 2022 I believe and the fee being talked about of £600k  - £750k to sign Scales from Shamrock is not one I would say is affordable at all. That seems a lot of money for a 23 year old who has only played in 60 odd games in the Irish top flight. He looks like he has a lot of potential but I definitely wouldn't be risking pay that sort of money on him

Especially when the likes of Kerr and McCart who are still young centre backs, proven in our league and with potential to also improve are probably available for much less. And people on here last week were saying they didn't think we should pay £400-£500k for Jamie McGrath who again is a proven player in our league and again with potential improve further and a big sale on value.

As for that we should have been all over Dundalk for their star players when they were doing well. The star man was Daryl Horgan who went to Preston, then Hibs and I think is now at Wycombe he has done ok but not exactly set the heather on fire. The top scorer was David McMillan who went to St Johnstone but couldn't get a regular game and is now back in Ireland. and the defensive giant at the back was Andy Boyle who joined Preston as well but could get into the first team and ended up out on loan at Doncaster, Dundee and Ross County before heading back to Dundalk.

It should also be said we do scout in Ireland from a young age as can be seen by bringing over Connor Power and Luke Turner to join our youth teams

Good post, very informative. Cheers 

St Mirren seem to have done well in Ireland recently. What are they doing differently (if anything) ? 

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Good post mate.

Informative, cheers0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen much of Roddy MacGregor?

Apparently a promising, creative attacking midfielder?  Some on social media are saying similar to Ryan Christie...  Highlanders seem very excited they've signed him up on a long term deal.

With a fee now being required, I'm guessing he'd be too rich for our blood?

Worth a look? ?

• 2 weeks later...

There it is... has Glass found a notebook of McInnes' former transfer targets?

"In August 2018, Robson-Kanu founded The Turmeric Co. brand, selling a range of turmeric-based shots made from natural ingredients.[86] Robson-Kanu has hailed turmeric as his 'secret weapon', claiming that using turmeric as a nutritional supplement saved his footballing career and helped him to recover from a cruciate knee ligament rupture."

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

32 is some age? Fucking cunt, I'm over the hill then at 35. ?.

He can hold the ball up well.

I noticed actually people like Daniel sturridge and Robbie Brady are out of contract. Surely worth a punt for someone (not saying us btw). But get Sturridge when in the mood is incredible.

? whoosh, roberto...more coffee needed 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Maybe Cormack should ditch Russell or Apaloo and bring in Marijo Tot to either take the reigns as Dons boss which would make Glass his assistant or to be part of a management double team. Glass needs help and Cormack should swallow his pride and do something like this before it’s too late.

Come on down Craigie Brown.

I really can't see any more "new" coaches or assistants coming in, we seem to have heaps of coaching staff - who is actually the assistant manager? Is it Brown or is it Agadoo or is it Russell? What do they all do? Simmie was sitting on the bench on Saturday as well - I thought he was more involved with the younger players. Seems to me that the backroom staff are all over the place just as much as the team on the pitch.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:31 AM, Don_Corleone said:

Simmie was sitting on the bench on Saturday as well - I thought he was more involved with the younger players. 

Simmie was the Head of Youth, but has been moved into a player pathway manager. Someone who helps facilitate the transition from youth to the first team.

Seems from the outside that they wanted to revamp the youth setup and pulled Simmie out of it, whilst retaining a position in the club

On 9/21/2021 at 4:31 AM, Don_Corleone said:

Come on down Craigie Brown.

I really can't see any more "new" coaches or assistants coming in, we seem to have heaps of coaching staff - who is actually the assistant manager? Is it Brown or is it Agadoo or is it Russell? What do they all do? Simmie was sitting on the bench on Saturday as well - I thought he was more involved with the younger players. Seems to me that the backroom staff are all over the place just as much as the team on the pitch.

Too many chiefs not enough midfielders 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Too many chiefs not enough midfielders 

Nobody wants to hear it but go ahead and sell fergs in Jan. The numbers wont be right but at least get a sell on. If this ramsey is really going to net 8 plus million do that too.

McCrorie can slide over to RB. Go out and get a good CB via transfer. Maybe a Mayembo or Trusty who could provide years of service.

I'm aware of two versatile attackers coming off contracts this winter. The king of concacaf goals johan venegas and joao rojas. Out wide right or left. Mid attacking. They both can play anywhere and venegas can also slide in at striker.

The team would be better for it. Both out of contract soon. Would serve as a hedges replacement too