Worth A Look?

These is definitely a few on here’s I’d be happy with Aberdeen signing including the three mentioned above

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2022&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Dembele from Peterborough mainly plays through the middle but has also played RW and LW. 4 goals, 2 assists in 15 appearances.

Jamie McCart and Zander Clark from St Johnstone 

Jamie Hamilton of Hamilton is out of contract in the summer, wouldn’t be surprised if Aberdeen go back in for him 

It also stated Allan Campbell’s contract at Luton is up, surely that can’t be correct he only joined them last summer

If the stats I've seen on Luton's own website are correct, Campbell's only played 6 times (all starts) and been subbed off 4 times in those. Not sure if he's been injured or dropped for the matches he's missed, but he was out for 8 weeks, only returned to the side today. But Luton did pay a fee for him so I find it almost impossible to believe that he only signed a 1 year deal.

Jamie Mccart is the player we should have signed rather than Bates. But Bates was free.....worked out brilliantly for us that has

Jamie Hamilton is a very good footballing defender. But at 5ft 11 he's significantly undersized as central defenders go. If he could play right back he might be a shout to replace Ramsay though.

Dembele is destined for a club that pays a shitload more cash than we do though. Surprised he hasn't been called up for Scotland yet although he's maybe holding out for the Ivory Coast

On 11/6/2021 at 7:28 AM, BonnieDon said:

Tony Watt is out of contract at the end of the season. As someone mentioned in the past few days, he was training with us for a short time under McInnes. Can play on the wing as well as up top. On current form he'd certainly offer more than JET. 

Graeme Shinnie is out of contract at the end of the season. Would you take him back? Would he want to come back or would he look for another move in England?

John Souttar is in his final year of his contract. Supposedly an Aberdeen fan. Would probably want to try England or stay with Hearts who have stuck by him during his terrible injury spell. Either way I doubt he'd want to sign for us.

Watt - would depend on his much he was wanting paid. Be a handy squad player 

Shinnie - no brainier if he’d be interested in coming back.

Souttar - fat injury prone dumpling. No thanks 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Ten Caat said:

Watt for sure would be a decent back up. In horses for courses games, he might actually start ahead of Ramirez in some. And I'm sure they'd be able to play as a partnership if needed. Wouldn't break the bank either.

Shinnie....no. Was a great player for us in the past but we need to be looking to the future. If Derby don't offer him a new contract, he'll get a gig at the likes of Motherwell or St Mirren. Maybe even one of the Edinburgh sides.

Souttar.....if he can remain fit for the rest of the season then absolutely yes. Not sure why you think you doubt he'd want to sign for us. He is a fan as you said. I'm sure he would fancy a crack at England but ultimately it'll come down to who offers the best contract. Neilson has been in the press in the past week urging Souttar to sign a new contract........almost begging him to in fact. I think he knows that it's unlikely he will.

I thought you mostly talked sense but how could you possibly say no to shinnie 

39 minutes ago, thurso said:

I thought you mostly talked sense but how could you possibly say no to shinnie 

Because we have Brown playing in the position he does. And also because I'm just not a fan of resigning former players on the strength of their previous exploits. McGinn for example hasn't been worth the big (and excessively long) contract we gave him on his return from South Korea. We didn't really need him at the time and I wonder how much of it was actually done just to keep him out of Hibs' clutches as anything. 

I also don't believe he's a good enough footballer to play further up the field. There will be others on here to disagree with that opinion but I won't change my view on it. I'd rather we made McGeouch a decent offer to extend his contract who is a better all round footballer and who's a couple of years younger. I would  take him as a left back but he doesn't want to play there on a regular basis. 

He's also earning far in excess of what we pay right now. Of course he'd have to take a significant cut to that if he were to join us......but he MIGHT just be able to equal it if for instance, sevco saw a role for him as a squad player. .....Jack is injury prone and Steven Davis turns 37 in a couple of months

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Because we have Brown playing in the position he does. And also because I'm just not a fan of resigning former players on the strength of their previous exploits. McGinn for example hasn't been worth the big (and excessively long) contract we gave him on his return from South Korea. We didn't really need him at the time and I wonder how much of it was actually done just to keep him out of Hibs' clutches as anything. 

I also don't believe he's a good enough footballer to play further up the field. There will be others on here to disagree with that opinion but I won't change my view on it. I'd rather we made McGeouch a decent offer to extend his contract who is a better all round footballer and who's a couple of years younger. I would  take him as a left back but he doesn't want to play there on a regular basis. 

He's also earning far in excess of what we pay right now. Of course he'd have to take a significant cut to that if he were to join us......but he MIGHT just be able to equal it if for instance, sevco saw a role for him as a squad player. .....Jack is injury prone and Steven Davis turns 37 in a couple of months

Shinnie was lightyears ahead of McGeouch for us min 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Brown won’t last forever tho. It’s not as if shinnie is struggling at derby. He’s been one of there best players last couple of seasons. Is he not also their captain in some games when the main one is injured. 

Personally I think he will only leave derby if they get relegated. If he does I think a few teams will be looking at him and probably price us out. 

Id resign mcgeough and shinnie if we could 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 2:32 AM, PondHopper said:

The Chicago fire declined to p/u Calvo's option. He's out of contract right now. Believe he was on 12k usd weekly. Equates to 9k pound sterling.

Good shout….we are needing a decent central defender. Permit shouldn’t be a problem either especially with him having a high enough number of caps.

• 3 weeks later...

If Hedges leaves, we she look at replacing him with Joseph Hungbo the watford winger on loan at Ross County. Tall, stong, quick, Skilful, loves taking people on and takes a good set piece. Maybe if Watford want Ramsay they can cancel his loan and throw him in along with the 7 million up front ? 

If we were to lose Ferguson i think a player who might be worth considering would be Stephane Omeonga at Livingston. He was impressive at Hibs a few years back but they couldn't afford to take him on a permanent deal. It didn't quite work out for him at Genoa or Brugge but considering his talent i was very surprised to see him sign for Livi. But from what he has said he just wanted to get regular game time starting every week and put himself in the shop window for a move to a bigger team. Has played well since joining, improving and getting fitter with every game. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him. 

23 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

If Hedges leaves, we she look at replacing him with Joseph Hungbo the watford winger on loan at Ross County. Tall, stong, quick, Skilful, loves taking people on and takes a good set piece. Maybe if Watford want Ramsay they can cancel his loan and throw him in along with the 7 million up front ? 

If we were to lose Ferguson i think a player who might be worth considering would be Stephane Omeonga at Livingston. He was impressive at Hibs a few years back but they couldn't afford to take him on a permanent deal. It didn't quite work out for him at Genoa or Brugge but considering his talent i was very surprised to see him sign for Livi. But from what he has said he just wanted to get regular game time starting every week and put himself in the shop window for a move to a bigger team. Has played well since joining, improving and getting fitter with every game. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him. 

Watford won’t be offering £7M.

Remember they tried to lowball offer for Ferguson

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe, but they didn’t increase it once the response was provided

Cant really hold that against them. Whether the version of events put out by McMurdo the Hun was true or not can’t blame Watford for backing out altogether , as they must’ve felt as if they were being fucked about.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Seems Sammy Cosgrove ballon d'or is getting punted from Shrewsbury 

BHH?

Nae even getting off the bench at Shrewsbury in recent weeks.  And they have been struggling in League 1.

A loan to Scotland for the second half of the season wouldn't be the biggest surprise.  Hearts, possibly might be a shout