Worth A Look?

If as has been suggested that we are looking very closely at data and stats to narrow down possible signings by the new recruitment team you would have to expect that Regan Charles Cook is someone we would be looking at closely as his stats this season would have him very highly rated in SPL. if he carries on in his current vein of form he will definitely have plenty offers in the summer and will deserve a good contract somewhere. 

I would however temper that with the fact that last season he didn't have any assists or goals in the SPL 21 games albeit only 9 of those games were starts. Most Count fans will tell you that the difference in his play from last season to now is night and day. His confidence seems to have grown game on game. 

My only reservation would be is he going to continue to grow and improve as we don't need another Matty Kennedy signing where he did ok for a smaller team but come to a bigger club with a much higher expectation and he isn't able to perform to those levels. Incidentally Kennedy had an overall goals and assist record of 9+6 in 50 spl games at St'. J whilst overall Cook has had 7+2 in 41 games at County but as i say those figures mask a terrible first season and very good 2nd season. 

This season he has hit another level to what he has done in the past at County, Gillingham, Woking, Solihull Moors or Charlton. We need to make a call on whether he will continue that or is this season a flash in the pan.

Also, just to mention some people were writing off Ryan Broom last week saying he was a league 1 journeyman so i guess that also makes Cook a journeyman. We shouldn't make a call on whether any player is any good based only on what league and what teams they have been playing in previously. 

27 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

I’d like us to approach Kevin Van Veen fae Motherwell.

knows where the goal is and is good at linking up play.

would be a good option if Watkins is fcuked and would be a good option to Ramirez when he’s breathing out his arse or gets injured.

Another player past his 30th birthday that hasn't even been a regular starter for Motherwell. 

It's a no from me even though he's been the root cause of our defeats to 'Well this season

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Another player past his 30th birthday that hasn't even been a regular starter for Motherwell. 

It's a no from me even though he's been the root cause of our defeats to 'Well this season

I know our recruitment has been terrible but there is absolute no chance we should be bringing in players like this. Have to put some faith in the new regime and hope they can source better than that. If we bring in a striker it has to be someone of the right age. Someone we can develop and sell on. We already have plenty experience its time to follow our philosophy and bring in a few talented younger players that are ready for first team football. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye. Still think we’d get a couple o year out of him though, I’m of the opinion that we shouldn’t be signing every player based on age with a view to sell on for profit. If there’s a player out there who could do a job for us regardless of age, then get them signed.
I think hed be a decent option. 

54 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

I’d like us to approach Kevin Van Veen fae Motherwell.

knows where the goal is and is good at linking up play.

would be a good option if Watkins is fcuked and would be a good option to Ramirez when he’s breathing out his arse or gets injured.

Aye I think he's a clever player as well.  But as folk say he's another oldie.

Maybe we could persuade them to swap him for JET so we don't end up with yet another player the wrong side of 30 on our books.  Motherwell do like the big lads.

50 minutes ago, slippers said:

I know our recruitment has been terrible but there is absolute no chance we should be bringing in players like this. Have to put some faith in the new regime and hope they can source better than that. If we bring in a striker it has to be someone of the right age. Someone we can develop and sell on. We already have plenty experience its time to follow our philosophy and bring in a few talented younger players that are ready for first team football. 

With Ramirez our only real recognised striker, I think we need to get someone in who is already established.

At the moment I don’t think we can afford to rely on someone who we can develop and sell on.

I’m all for bringing through youth, we’ve been fortunate enough that Ramsay has been exceptional so far, but not every young kid coming through is going to reach the same heights in that timescale.

The club persevered with the likes of Bruce Anderson, and continue to do so with Connor McLennan.Both were and are shite. 

Fans will only put up with that for so long. 
Ultimately they want instant success and would take that all day long, over developing someone who will be punted after a couple of season for millions. 

12 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

With Ramirez our only real recognised striker, I think we need to get someone in who is already established.

At the moment I don’t think we can afford to rely on someone who we can develop and sell on.

I’m all for bringing through youth, we’ve been fortunate enough that Ramsay has been exceptional so far, but not every young kid coming through is going to reach the same heights in that timescale.

The club persevered with the likes of Bruce Anderson, and continue to do so with Connor McLennan.Both were and are shite. 

Fans will only put up with that for so long. 
Ultimately they want instant success and would take that all day long, over developing someone who will be punted after a couple of season for millions. 

9 goals and 3 assists so far this season.  

11 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Notice I said ‘were’ shite.

"both were and are shite" ?

6 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Aye, would have been fine as a back up striker this season. Will have done him good playing most weeks though.

For sure.  He'd have been more useful to keep than the likes of Jet or McGinn though

29 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Anderson has scored one goal less than Ramirez this season in the league, hardly shit.

Doesn't help that when he played for us he was treated as a target man and unsurprisngly given he's about 5"7 he wasn't suited to that style of play. Always looked a good player just never really given the right opportunity to perform

1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Anderson has scored one goal less than Ramirez this season in the league, hardly shit.

Doesn't help that when he played for us he was treated as a target man and unsurprisngly given he's about 5"7 he wasn't suited to that style of play. Always looked a good player just never really given the right opportunity to perform

I was referring to him whilst at Aberdeen

31 games 3 goals - He was shit 

I’m not buying into the whole’ he wasn’t suited to our style of play’ nonsense, either. 

19 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

I’m not buying into the whole’ he wasn’t suited to our style of play’ nonsense, either. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruce-anderson/leistungsdaten/spieler/382096/plus/0?saison=2018
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruce-anderson/leistungsdaten/spieler/382096/plus/0?saison=2019
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruce-anderson/leistungsdaten/spieler/382096/plus/0?saison=2020

You realise out of those 31 games for us he started a handfull of times, and in terms of playing time out of those 31 games he played for less than 25% of it, he was barely given a chance in the team and when he was it was subbed on with 15 minutes to go for example

2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Would Sergio Aguerro still have scored hundreds of goals if he's up front on his own, getting the ball launched at him at shoulder height by Ash Taylor?

With the midfield 25 yards away as well.

Or is he better suited to a different style of play? 

3 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

How exactly would you describe using a guy who’s about 5ft 5 in the role of a 6ft 5 target man then?

31 games is pish as well. More often than not would get 10-15 mins at the end of a game, if that.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

How exactly would you describe using a guy who’s about 5ft 5 in the role of a 6ft 5 target man then?

31 games is pish as well. More often than not would get 10-15 mins at the end of a game, if that.

If He was to sign for us tomorrow, you along with thousands of others would be underwhelmed.

Dont say you wouldn’t 

8 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

If He was to sign for us tomorrow, you along with thousands of others would be underwhelmed.

Dont say you wouldn’t 

NOt underwhelmed, would be a good back-up to Ramirez as many were wnating him to get a chance in the first team.

HOwever seemingly the bridges have been burnt a wee bit because of how Anderson was treated here, wether that;s changed with the new management team I'm unsure 

27 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

HOwever seemingly the bridges have been burnt a wee bit because of how Anderson was treated here, wether that;s changed with the new management team I'm unsure 

Never! His dad still works for AFC as a coach doesn't he? If he was to have a successful spell at Livi and we offered him the chance to return at the end of his contract I'm sure he'd jump at it. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't have first refusal on him given we wrote of any compensation we were due when he signed for Livi.

Edit: Forgot we probably wrote off the compo to sign Jet

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Never! His dad still works for AFC as a coach doesn't he? If he was to have a successful spell at Livi and we offered him the chance to return at the end of his contract I'm sure he'd jump at it. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't have first refusal on him given we wrote of any compensation we were due when he signed for Livi.

Now that would be a good deal. Jet and Kennedy for Anderson. 

4 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Wasn't sure, I'd always heard that Anderson was pretty pissed off as he was never given a chance and when he went on loan to Accies was basically told he'd leave at the end of his contract regardless of how well he did.

Happily take him back in a heart-beat if we got the chance. Sure Livi would love McGinn, Ojo and Kennedy wouldn't they?

If Anderson continues to do well at Livi I think he might fancy a crack down south. Might have a bit of a problem persuading clubs down there he's physically up to it.....he'd be facing relative giants no matter what league he ended up in but even at a bog standard EPL1 side he'd at very least double his Livi earnings.

But if no offers there materialise, wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at the Jutes. Subtly sticking 2 fingers up at us