Worth A Look?

Bollocks.

Rooney was a proven SPL goalscorer. McInnes has no record whatsoever of improving lower league dross.

Stop talking shite.

Think I've hit a nerve here. Right well you can't deny Andy Considine has improved year on year under McIness, he's developed Shinnie into a fairly solid CDM, Hayes's game has come on leaps and bounds over the last 2 years. Either way McInness has done well for the most part for making good signings (obviously there are some massive failures like Burns, Parker, McLaughlin, Collin etc) but for the most part I'd say his signings have been very good

Think I've hit a nerve here. Right well you can't deny Andy Considine has improved year on year under McIness, he's developed Shinnie into a fairly solid CDM, Hayes's game has come on leaps and bounds over the last 2 years. Either way McInness has done well for the most part for making good signings (obviously there are some massive failures like Burns, Parker, McLaughlin, Collin etc) but for the most part I'd say his signings have been very good

Think it's pretty balanced between 'proven' players and improving lower league/level players under DM? For every hit there's definitely been one or two misses and he also has worked wonders with the players who he still has from when he arrived, so overall he's done well. I'd be happy to see how he'd do picking up a player from the Championship here

ALL the players you mentioned are at the age they should be either improving or hitting their prime. Giving McInnes the credit for this is a bit generous to say the least.
  • Downvote 1

I really think it extremely unlikely we would be interested in Craig Sibbald or Sam Nicholson.

If they were free transfers I would agree that it would be quite possible but given that is not the case I don't see any likelihood we would go spending money on them.

The £650,000 that these 2 would cost in compensation would be far too much of a risk.

If we had that sort of cash to splash on transfer fee's we would spend it on players who have proven themselves at this level. Nicolson might have been worth a gamble if the compensation was 40-50k but not when its ten times that.

I think Nicholson comp would be less than £200k

Still doubtful whether we'd part with cash like that on him rather than a Crawford/Boyce if we had money kicking around

Not sure how they work out the compensation amount, assuming age and appearances for the club would come into the equation, as Patersons compensation was mean to be over 500k!

IF we do have the cash Lindsay, Boyce and Crawford should be the major 3 we target, espeically Crawford if McLean does go as I'd say Crawford would be the ideal replacement for him. I'm a huge fan of Boyce, I think he's better than Rooney.

Things included in the calc are

old wage (new wage is irrelevant)

old club and new club (how are these clubs ranked by fifa)

number of years at old club

not sure what else included but from the above you can see how sibbald moving to hibs for instance would be vastly different to paterson moving to stoke

not sure what else included but from the above you can see how sibbald moving to hibs for instance would be vastly different to paterson moving to stoke

Thought it was something like that. So in theory if nicholson and paterson were to move to us it wouldn't be that expensive comapred to if they went down to england?

Wouldn't mind seeing paterson here but think he's signing on for a year at hearts just to recover and they'll sell him off next summer when he's fully fit, don't think many clubs would take a gamble on a player who won't be fully match fit till early december

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

F20 Any costs relating to the Player concerned, including a contribution to overheads, indirect and shared costs, incurred by the Club losing the player’s Registration in operating a youth development set-up such as for example, Football Academy, Centre of Excellence or Youth Development Initiative, including (without limitation) the cost of providing for students:-

F20.1 living accommodation;

F20.2 training and playing facilities;

F20.3 scouting, coaching, administrative and other staff;

F20.4 education and welfare requirements;

F20.5 playing and training strip and other clothing;

F20.6 medical and first aid facilities; and,

F20.7 friendly and competitive matches and overseas tours.

F21 Any other costs incurred by the Club losing the player’s registration directly and/or indirectly attributable to the training and development of the Player.

F22 The criteria are:-

F22.1 the age of the Player;

F22.2 the amount of any transfer fee or Compensation paid by the Club losing the player’s Registration when acquiring the Registration of the Player;

F22.3 the length of time during which the Club losing the player’s Registration held the Registration of the Player;

F22.4 the terms of the new contract offered to the Player by each of the Clubs;

F22.5 the Player’s playing record in club and international team appearances; and,

F22.6 substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the services of the Player.

There's no set amount per year or game played etc. Its all down to the costs of training, if any interest was paid in the player while he was contracted and also if a new contract was offered and it was at least the same as the previous one. I think from the bit before those points in the link the amount he's being paid at the new club is also taken into consideration. There's also the fact Falkirk are a Championship club and part of Nicholson's development was also in the Championship to take into account as well. If neither are offered new deals (which would be doubtful) then the statutory amount of compo is then paid with that being £5k a year for training between the ages of 11 and 14 and then £10K a year between 15 and 19.

The clubs can also agree on compo outside the structure that would be used at a tribunal, paying a fee upfront and then agreeing on a percentage of any sell-on fee.

I'd say anyone putting a figure to how much compo Falkirk or Hearts would get for Sibbald or Nicholson is just taking a massive stab in the dark.

I think Nicholson comp would be less than £200k

Still doubtful whether we'd part with cash like that on him rather than a Crawford/Boyce if we had money kicking around

I am just going by the figures Hearts and Falkirk had stated they would be due to receive for the 2 players in question. If the figures they have said are correct I don't think we would be willing to spend anywhere near that on these players

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/housty-i-d-take-hit-on-sibbs-1-4406987

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-resigned-to-losing-sam-nicholson-in-summer-1-4431718

completly out-class everyone, be like Ibra in the premier league. Could we afford his wages anyway? Sure I heard that deep down he was a dandy :happy:

I'm sure we could raise the £120,000 a week it would require to secure his services.