The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Worst Stand Up I've been to was Eddie Izzard... I think it was Circle Tour... in New York.

Had seen him 3 or 4 times earlier and he was funny as fuck, but this time he was as funny as flesh eating bacteria on your prostate.

Seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time talking about trannies. I understand it's an important subject to him, but it came across as a fucking lecture... after the gig he stood around outside until every single person waiting had got an autograph or a photo with him. Absolute fucking gent, is Eddie Izzard, even though he was wearing a purple dress, knee high boots, and a pair of fake titties. Didn't look like a gent... was a gent.

Side note... 10 minutes after we left the place we met and spoke to Barry Humphries, otherwise known as Dame Edna Everage... what an absolute fucking serpent of a human being he is. The wife had no fucking idea who he was, and I think that hurt his fucking ego. Would happily boot him in the bollocks without any advance warning if I ever met him again.

I was told in advance, was going to head along on the Thursday but it was cancelled, but I couldn't manage the Saturday which I'm disappointed by.

The last gig I went to involving FJ was rather amusing.

Even got in on the act that night abusing some weegie boy who looked like Jim White's love child (he really did as well, I couldn't concentrate when listening to him).

He is a rangers fan that comedian.

.if there's an American fella doing UFO shit just go to the bar...

Aww, just reminded me of a guy I saw at the Comedy Club in Los Angeles a good few years back. An American Indian bloke had a fucking meltdown onstage, started abusing the audience and had to be removed by the bouncers. Didn't even start his act so folk were thinking his rant was leading up to something. Turned out he was just a mentalist. More to the point, later on this burd walks in with a couple of minders, jeezus, the fucking hottest thing on two legs I've ever seen. Couldn't take my eyes off her. I had her down as a model or a (very) high end hooker. One of the other comics went off with her at the end of his turn so I'm sticking with hooker. But hot as fuck.

Worst Stand Up I've been to was Eddie Izzard... I think it was Circle Tour... in New York.

Had seen him 3 or 4 times earlier and he was funny as fuck, but this time he was as funny as flesh eating bacteria on your prostate.

Seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time talking about trannies. I understand it's an important subject to him, but it came across as a fucking lecture... after the gig he stood around outside until every single person waiting had got an autograph or a photo with him. Absolute fucking gent, is Eddie Izzard, even though he was wearing a purple dress, knee high boots, and a pair of fake titties. Didn't look like a gent... was a gent.

Side note... 10 minutes after we left the place we met and spoke to Barry Humphries, otherwise known as Dame Edna Everage... what an absolute fucking serpent of a human being he is. The wife had no fucking idea who he was, and I think that hurt his fucking ego. Would happily boot him in the bollocks without any advance warning if I ever met him again.

I'll agree with that. Definite Article tour was really good but then he went downhill. Circle not so good but still better than Sexie which was quite dire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...