4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There's no problem with the back-up goalie deal. He is what he is. And Woods is perfectly acceptable as a back-up

The problem we have is the deal we gave to Lewis. We've still got the best part of 3 years left to suffer him as there's nobody going to take him off our hands on the money he's earning. Although even if he was only on a third of it, he'd still have no takers as he's such a fucking bombscare.

Keep seeing some fans on here with their heads in the sand saying that we have far bigger problems/priorities to deal with than replacing him. But he's now just too big a liablility to ignore. It won't go down well with Gnasher but we need to buy a replacement in January. 

We should have brought someone in who could realistically compete 

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

No not yet seen what not able to watch the game today 

Lucky you. 

Lewis horrendous errors for goals 1 & 3. 
Bates not understanding the offside rule for goals 1 & 3. 
Jenks diving into an unnecessary challenge for booking number 1 (might not have been a booking, but if you give Collum the chance to book you he will. Making his second booking a formality. 
Collum stopping play when Hayes was clear through for treatment 60 yards back on Bates (who wasn’t wanting treatment). 

2 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I recall getting verbally slaughtered on here for even considering dropping Lewis 

I wish we had indeed done it , he was a great keeper but sadly is no more 

I was saying that Lewis wasn't good enough a full 2 years back. Got pelters/ridiculed for it.

Turns out I was right all along

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I recall getting verbally slaughtered on here for even considering dropping Lewis 

I wish we had indeed done it , he was a great keeper but sadly is no more 

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I was saying that Lewis wasn't good enough a full 2 years back. Got pelters/ridiculed for it.

Turns out I was right all along

U guys are amazing x

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

U guys are amazing x

I am a gutted as any dons fan to see this But no objectivity in the majority of posters 

everyone can have a drop in standards for anything but it wasn’t addressed and on here it’s very much an agree with what is said or your classed as a ….

but it’s a forum 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

£6k/week

It was pretty standard info that he got the deal that was initially meant for Shinnie. 

Could he be loaned out so AFC only eats part of his wages? Surely some league one team would take him and pay part of the wage bill.

Doubt Lewis would agree unless he spent a few weeks behind Woods.

9 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Lewis is being made to play part of a system that he doesn’t have the skill for. Neither do most of our players.

Whatever systems you put in place, you'd be expecting your goalkeeper to be able to boot the ball up field and to be able to catch and not flap at a cross.. two basic mistakes made today that cost two goals. That's not a system issue, that's confidence or competence.. I'd be inclined to say the former as Lewis has shown himself to be a decent goalie for the majority of his time with us, but perhaps his competence is now in question as well and he might not get that back which is a worry if he's got three more years on a very lucrative deal.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Yorston Vasey said:

Whatever systems you put in place, you'd be expecting your goalkeeper to be able to boot the ball up field and to be able to catch and not flap at a cross.. two basic mistakes made today that cost two goals. That's not a system issue, that's confidence or competence.. I'd be inclined to say the former as Lewis has shown himself to be a decent goalie for the majority of his time with us, but perhaps his competence is now in question as well and he might not get that back which is a worry if he's got three more years on a very lucrative deal.

He can boot the ball up the field, that’s the point. He’s instead being expected to take a pass and play a pass which he doesn’t have the skill to do. It’s hardly any wonder his confidence is shot. Go back to taking direct goal kicks and try to win the ball instead of fucking about at the back and then punting it aimlessly as we’ve invited too much pressure on to us.

It will be the exact same with Woods.