1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Won't be too often in future that we'll sign a player from outwith Scotland that we get 7 years service from.

All the best for whatever lies ahead  in your future career Joe

Duks here for another 6 at least, currently stotting aboot Mexico on holiday in his dons top 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Good luck to Joe.

I don't buy the narrative he turned to shit, to me he was THE major casualty of the prawcess experiment where his defence were instructed to play from the back in a way they were not capable of, and continually left him to guard two posts at least once every match where we usually lost by one goal after 75% possession. Hung out to dry.

A lack of regular games took its toll in tandem with being managed by Goodwin in his last appearences.

Edit to add: just back from the pub so could be talking shit.

3 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Not surprised he’s leaving as his form has dropped and he probably realises that his times up. I know a neighbour of his and he says Lewis loves the city and shire as he can  get to a golf club in minutes. Thought Cove would beckon. 

Shalom my friend Arthur, we're not going to have any fucking trouble now are we?

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Great career. The highlight will always be the rematch against Schmelling, amazing night. 

Was sad watching him attempt a comeback against Marciano, a shadow of his former self. 

He was never the same after his arena was demolished. Coincided with his drop off in form.

Been a rare pleasure reading social media regrading all the outpouring of well wishes for Joe.

Rarely will a player make such an impression on a fan base, but Joe has done just that. Shows you the type guy he is. Great in the team, great in the squad, great in the community, great in charitable events. Just a great guy. 

Pleases me to see positivity regarding a player for a change.

All the best Joe, stand free.

• Upvote 2

All the best to the big fella. The time is right for him to go but he's been a great servant and always came across as a really nice guy.

Different type of keeper that you see nowadays. There was no showing off or playing for the cameras. Cross came in and he plucked it out the air with no fuss, actually caught shots when others would palm it away and for a while was unbelievable at one on one's.

Also nice to hear Samson talk about the things him and his wife do for the other players and families. Seems a genuinely nice guy. All the best Super Joe

• Upvote 2