8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Lewis certainly reminded me of Clangers 100% for 3rd goal. Embarrassing stuff, playing potential contact or the player rather than the ball. Basic shite.

1st goal however I cannot believe the shite he’s taking for it ? wicked deflection that only the very quickest/best reaction keepers would stand a slim chance of getting. 

It was his utterly shite clearance straight to the opposition that led to the goal.

I don’t think Gary Woods is anywhere near good enough to be Dons no.1…… but it’s hard to deny him his chance given Joe Lewis form.

I didn’t think goalkeeper was a position that needed sorted in January, but it is. 
The problem being Joe is on a long contract & I can’t see anyone in England wanting him.

I’d even look to be loaning a reserve keeper like Hibs did with Macey from Arsenal (now a permanent signing). 

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Tragic how far he's fallen. At one point he was genuinely the best keeper in the league and would walk into a lot of English Premier League sides.

Now it looks like he's got wet paper towels for hands, which he quite often doesn't even get anywhere near the ball ATM either. 

Woods has to start next week. 

Steady. He was good, but come on

18 hours ago, don corleone said:

The Lewis situation is really annoying me. Why is he shit now. He used to be very good. Joe if you're looking in, start being good again. Enough of this shit. 

Lewis is ultimately showing us why he ended up in Aberdeen to rebuild his career.

When his his game goes it seems to go spectacularly. He's been here before in his career.

Is Woods good enough to come in to replace him? I'm not sure, but also not sure we don't have a choice.

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He's low on confidence. His errors come when he has too much time to think. Yesterday he had a couple of great instinctive saves which underlines this. 

Cunts booing him yesterday after the first goal should be nowhere near 'supporting ' AFC.  Absolute scum. 

This is what happens at this club, players are never given any positivity from the stands. Going through a difficult patch? Booed as soon as you misplace your first pass. Is it any wonder no manager or decent player wants to come here? Scott Browns body language has changed significantly since he joined.

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He's low on confidence. His errors come when he has too much time to think. Yesterday he had a couple of great instinctive saves which underlines this. 

Cunts booing him yesterday after the first goal should be nowhere near 'supporting ' AFC.  Absolute scum. 

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

This is what happens at this club, players are never given any positivity from the stands. Going through a difficult patch? Booed as soon as you misplace your first pass. Is it any wonder no manager or decent player wants to come here? Scott Browns body language has changed significantly since he joined.

Agree with both posts.

Booing your own players is beyond belief. 

That is really going to help confidence levels.

Simple Solution is tell Lewis just to pump the ball upfield "old school" instead of this pissing about at the back which results in a hoof up the park anyways.

6 hours ago, DelMonte said:

It’s not even just the mistakes. He was genuinely horrendous all round yesterday. Dropped a simple catch in the last 10 minutes. He’s all over the place. 

Glass needs to drop him. For Lewis' sake. For Glass' sake. For the team's sake. For the season's sake. He needs a break - go get his head sorted out and hopefully come back fixed (although I'm not hopeful). In the meantime Garry Woods or Gordon Marshall can play in goal. Maybe both of them at the same time.

2 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Agree with both posts.

Booing your own players is beyond belief. 

That is really going to help confidence levels.

Simple Solution is tell Lewis just to pump the ball upfield "old school" instead of this pissing about at the back which results in a hoof up the park anyways.

Our support is absolutely brutal, both at games and online, it's constant abuse.

Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, RUL said:

Our support is absolutely brutal, both at games and online, it's constant abuse.

And that’s different from every other team during a terrible run, is it?

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's the kick out straight to the St Mirren player that he's getting pelters for. It's not as if it was a hurried boot up the park when he was being pressured. It was an attempted pass to....well fuck knows who?

Bates has to accept some responsibility for it too as he was playing St Mirren on by being slow to get out but he was last man as Joe played the fucked-up pass and he certainly wouldn't have been expecting it to go straight to one of their players only 40 yards away

10 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

It was his utterly shite clearance straight to the opposition that led to the goal.

Whilst that was indeed pretty shite. It comes to a st Mirren player in middle of the park. We should be able to deal with that. So his fk up for first goal was for trying to implement a quick attack up field but not pin pointing a 45 yard ball? 
prefer this to the shite short pass outs at back to the defenders for them to to do same.

thinking the over reaction for his first ‘fk up’ is mostly down to the addition of the absolutely weak & horrendous fk up for their 3rd. 

if our players cannot deal with a rushed/misplaced long ball out from the keeper like happened for first, we are in big trouble since we keep trying to play out from back. 

FFS Clangers kicks out more often than not went out of play at halfway line & plenty were still saying he’s not that bad ?

18 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Lewis is playing so badly that Woods deserves a chance to see if he can do any better. 

He can't do much worse really 

Correct.

As for the boldy, he can't do any worse, surely.

I'm doubting it's even possible.

16 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Lewis is ultimately showing us why he ended up in Aberdeen to rebuild his career.

When his his game goes it seems to go spectacularly. He's been here before in his career.

Is Woods good enough to come in to replace him? I'm not sure, but also not sure we don't have a choice.

This moment is arriving.

Possibly even passed but yet to be acted upon.

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Joe Lewis needs a break, clearly. The guy was the best keeper in the league for about 3 seasons but the last 2 he's been costing us points more and more. No idea what's changed there, apathy? Boredom? Fuck knows. 

McInnes obviously thought the world of him and gave him the club captains role whilst getting him a bumper contract. Lewis himself though has obviously become lazy and looks like someone that lacks interest. Glass coming in and taking the proper captain’s role off him must have genuinely affected him more because then and there he realised he wasn’t as important anymore. Instead of trying to prove him wrong he has only justified Glass’ stance and now has huge numbers of fans turning on him. 
The big fella could do himself a favour by working harder and encouraging his teammates whilst now taking a stint on the bench. 
An injury to Woods and big Joe is straight back in, hopefully with a better mindset.