If it hasn't been picked up elsewhere, FYI there is an interview with Joe on 'The Scrimmage' on BBC Norfolk/Radio Turnip. I refuse to register for that foreign enemy state cunt broadcaster so haven't listened to it but am told by a Norwich mate it is worth the time.

2 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

If it hasn't been picked up elsewhere, FYI there is an interview with Joe on 'The Scrimmage' on BBC Norfolk/Radio Turnip. I refuse to register for that foreign enemy state cunt broadcaster so haven't listened to it but am told by a Norwich mate it is worth the time.

Which epsiode? Can't seem to see it on the BBC sounds bit

• 8 months later...
18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Rumour mill saying he’s retiring immediately?

Strange time to retire, unless he's got some kind of injury that he's not told people about which is the reason why he's been incapable of saving shots for the last 2 years. Especially with our first choice goalie out injured - you'd think he'd just hold off until summer. Was a great keeper for us for the first 2-3 seasons but has since become a total liability and a bit of a comedy act. Would likely be better with young Ritchie in the sticks if we don't get the Dutch lad in.

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

Strange time to retire, unless he's got some kind of injury that he's not told people about which is the reason why he's been incapable of saving shots for the last 2 years. Especially with our first choice goalie out injured - you'd think he'd just hold off until summer. Was a great keeper for us for the first 2-3 seasons but has since become a total liability and a bit of a comedy act. Would likely be better with young Ritchie in the sticks if we don't get the Dutch lad in.

Maybe knows it’s time, I always think it’s slightly a shame when you are the 2nd, play a couple of games and we are looking to bring another in to replace him.

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

Maybe knows it’s time, I always think it’s slightly a shame when you are the 2nd, play a couple of games and we are looking to bring another in to replace him.

Sad demise, but reality is he's probably one of our highest earners and well past his sell by date. Maybe he'll get a coaching gig at the club if we get rid of Sammon as well. I can see Hayes retiring in the summer as well the way things are going.

13 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

So true, he was superb for us for a number of seasons. From the outside looking in he seems to have lost all confidence and in turn his enjoyment from the game which is very sad.  

I believe the chat is this is why he wants out. Doesn’t enjoy it anymore, body in bits.

3 minutes ago, G man said:

Lewis had a poor season last season and it was time to replace him. I found it strange we didn’t sign Zander Clark when he was out of contract in the summer. He signs for Hearts and is getting paid less than half what Antony Stewart gets paid!

Nothing should seem strange when it comes to Goodwin. What he considers to be good players (the foreign imports get excepted), everyone else seems to think are shite. Clark was available for free for ages. To me it was a no brainer given Lewis' obvious decline. Was making Scotland squads, and probably will do again with his team-mate Gordon out for the season

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Nothing should seem strange when it comes to Goodwin. What he considers to be good players (the foreign imports get excepted), everyone else seems to think are shite. Clark was available for free for ages. To me it was a no brainer given Lewis' obvious decline. Was making Scotland squads, and probably will do again with his team-mate Gordon out for the season

Agreed - I couldn't understand this either.

6 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Agreed - I couldn't understand this either.

I can, just look at the rest of the 'decisions' by the management.

Joe has been a fantastic servant to the club.  After shite like Clangers, Both Browns, Collin, Bossu, Weaver, Gonzalez, Nelson and Howard coming into our club it was a great time to have Big Joe and Cerny as back up.  After seeing the last two performances he's looked a shadow of himself and it hurts me to say that.

Just now, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Would have to say the suggestion he is retiring with immediate effect now looks unlikely as the statement about the dutch keeper signing says that he "arrives at Pittodrie to compete for the number one jersey with Joe Lewis "

The didn't have to mention Joe, so if he was retiring you would think he definitely wouldn't have been spoken about on the statement at all. 

Surely, Ajax are letting him come here on the understanding it’s as number 1?

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Would have to say the suggestion he is retiring with immediate effect now looks unlikely as the statement about the dutch keeper signing says that he "arrives at Pittodrie to compete for the number one jersey with Joe Lewis "

The didn't have to mention Joe, so if he was retiring you would think he definitely wouldn't have been spoken about on the statement at all. 

Agreed but why have we recalled Tom Ritchie?

10 hours ago, jamiesd said:

I can, just look at the rest of the 'decisions' by the management.

Joe has been a fantastic servant to the club.  After shite like Clangers, Both Browns, Collin, Bossu, Weaver, Gonzalez, Nelson and Howard coming into our club it was a great time to have Big Joe and Cerny as back up.  After seeing the last two performances he's looked a shadow of himself and it hurts me to say that.

What I couldn’t understand was the decision to not go for Zander Clark when it was clear we were after a goalkeeper.

I was a big fan of Joe (still am) although it does look like he will no longer rediscover his earlier form. Easily our best goal since Leighton v2. 

28 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

What I couldn’t understand was the decision to not go for Zander Clark when it was clear we were after a goalkeeper.

I was a big fan of Joe (still am) although it does look like he will no longer rediscover his earlier form. Easily our best goal since Leighton v2. 

100% this.  He was a free too.  I know its not a keeper but i see Michael Hector was also signed on a free today after being revealed last summer surely we could've offered him something short term