The Aberdeen Man That Tried To Blackmail The Royal Family And Sue Afc-Chat

Bebo

Probably. It does seem to have a very high %age of scumbags positing.

I've made jokes about and used words like Fenians, Huns, Orange bastards, Taigs, Krauts, Jews, Niggers, Spooks, Gooks, alkies, junkies, feilies and just about every other slur under the sun. Does % include me?

Everything deemed illegal or naughty is everything that was fun about going to the football in the first place.

Nowadays its getting watered down to just turning up and watching boys in a red top kick a football.

We would probably have a minutes applause for Justin Fashanu nowadays.

Blue tops this season

I've made jokes about and used words like Fenians, Huns, Orange bastards, Taigs, Krauts, Jews, Niggers, Spooks, Gooks, alkies, junkies, feilies and just about every other slur under the sun. Does % include me?

Yes :laughing:

Am sure Ab Mad will except you with open arms.

*accept.

As you said, context is everything. There's a massive difference between a close to the bone joke and calling Celtic players/Fans fenians and then doing the same to anyone who has the audacity to tell you to stop being a scumbag.

Only snowflakes can't handle racist and homophobic slurs.

These are still very much part of school, now.

Ahhhh, the predictable "snowflake" response. The preserve of the middle aged guy who thinks it's still 1970 (actually, it might still be in Wick...) and that anyone who tells him to stop being offensive is wimpy/lacking in masculinity.

No one said anything about handling them. Someone said they hadn't seen anything on here that the police would be interested in. I merely pointed out that i had seen plenty.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

*accept.

As you said, context is everything. There's a massive difference between a close to the bone joke and calling Celtic players/Fans fenians and then doing the same to anyone who has the audacity to tell you to stop being a scumbag.

Ahhhh, the predictable "snowflake" response. The preserve of the middle aged guy who thinks it's still 1970 (actually, it might still be in Wick...) and that anyone who tells him to stop being offensive is wimpy/lacking in masculinity.

No one said anything about handling them. Someone said they hadn't seen anything on here that the police would be interested in. I merely pointed out that i had seen plenty.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Your a massive Whopper except it

*accept.

Bit Wick-ist, no?!

• Upvote 1

*accept.

What a load of rubbish :laughing:

The mock offended police maybe.

I agree, but don't see how the police can look at it that way

a lot of things I see people saying on here I see stories of others being arrested for online generally

I don't know how we are immune on here

We are not immune MT but its a very small online community that doesnt run to the police as soon as someone tries to offend us. This aint pusspage and we all come here trying to wind each other up...

I mean jumping to calling someone a scumbag for what we've agreed is an (iyo (in your opinion)) unfunny joke comment, in what we've agreed is a close knit community is probably where you went wrong there.

I mean jumping to calling someone a scumbag for what we've agreed is an (iyo (in your opinion)) unfunny joke comment, in what we've agreed is a close knit community is probably where you went wrong there.

I'm pretty satisfied that the poster on here that I've called a scumbag, is a scumbag.

We are not immune MT but its a very small online community that doesnt run to the police as soon as someone tries to offend us. This aint pusspage and we all come here trying to wind each other up...

I think one issue is that a lot of posters think that the site is a private conversation between friends and don't appreciate that the posts are very much in the public domain.

It's not so much a case of other posters running to the police rather than members of the public or the police otherwise becoming aware of posts that result in issues being raised with the site by the authorities etc.

Whilst many would like to think we all live in a 1970's Manchester CID office where homophobic/racist/sexist remarks are the norm the truth of the matter is that many of these posts are skirting what is these days a very fine line regarding the legality of such comments.

And whilst the moderation on here is the bare minimum often our involvement is pre-emptive in removing posts before the site ends up with another police request for post and poster's details.

I think one issue is that a lot of posters think that the site is a private conversation between friends and don't appreciate that the posts are very much in the public domain.

It's not so much a case of other posters running to the police rather than members of the public or the police otherwise becoming aware of posts that result in issues being raised with the site by the authorities etc.

Whilst many would like to think we all live in a 1970's Manchester CID office where homophobic/racist/sexist remarks are the norm the truth of the matter is that many of these posts are skirting what is these days a very fine line regarding the legality of such comments.

And whilst the moderation on here is the bare minimum often our involvement is pre-emptive in removing posts before the site ends up with another police request for post and poster's details.

Out of curiosity monkey, who's details have the police asked for in the past?

Out of curiosity monkey, who's details have the police asked for in the past?

Not going to give out details as that's not fair and tbh we don't know what has come from any of these requests but there's been at least 4 requests in the past 6 months that I'm aware of.

Thats fair enough, i like this forum because of the absolute chaos that ensues in various threads.

Never change.