English Premier League

I'm just not subscribing to the view that the entertainment was all due to wonderful play. Much of the excitement was generated due to inept defending. I just felt the praise being given, both on here and on TV after the game, was far too effusive and never referenced the poorer aspects of each teams play.

Although i appreciate i'm one of the few folk who likes to watch good defending, it'd still be nice for the ineptness of some of it to be mentioned!

Nobody said that.

I wasn't correlating "entertainment" and "excitement". I was just admiring superb technicians, amongst the best in Europe, doing their stuff.

Rocket, how does Kane fare up against the likes of Aguero, Diego Costa, etc. that you've already mentioned?

I think everyone gets too drawn into discussing how great the foreigners are and it's as if they have an aura that makes them superior to gleikit looking characters like Kane.

Aguero is extremely good, one of the best... But is Costa really better than Kane?

Not a hope in hell for my money.

I think Liverpool game them a very good game till a sending off.

And I’ve not been convinced by then vs Man U. This year or last.

But they do seem to be able to batter the weaker opponents better than anyone one else.

They beat Liverpool 5-0 earlier in the season!

Man United couldn't get the ball off them.

They've battered every since one of the so-called big teams... Spurs, Arsenal - these were probably night games - you were probably comatose in a pile of your own vomit, by kick-off.

However, for me, the most impressive performance of all, was their game at Stamford Bridge. Beat the Champions 0-1, but the scoreline doesn't tell the full story. They humiliated Chelsea in front of their own fans - keep ball for 90 mins. Chelsea couldn't get near them.

Still think they can be gotten at defensively though... but that's usually the case for Guardiola teams. You have to get the ball off them first though!

For me, David Silva has been the stand-out player in the EPL this season. Consistently a cut above the rest. You really notice the difference when he doesn't play. Far less fluid.

Rocket, how does Kane fare up against the likes of Aguero, Diego Costa, etc. that you've already mentioned?

I think everyone gets too drawn into discussing how great the foreigners are and it's as if they have an aura that makes them superior to gleikit looking characters like Kane.

Aguero is extremely good, one of the best... But is Costa really better than Kane?

Not a hope in hell for my money.

Kane is the very best for me. I would love to see him with a great team and I can't wait until somebody breaks the world record to sign him, probably Real.

He's just an amazing talent. Nothing comes close. It's not just the obvious but his smell for the goal and positions to get goals can't be taught.

• Upvote 1

I also watched the Chelsea CL away win in the Hole in the Wall at Waterloo Station in November - against some nothing team, Chelsea scored 4 I think - and Willian was awesome, as was the whole team that night.

This is where I think Conte is a problem. There is a history of managers resenting stars - none more so than SAF with Beckham - but getting rid of Diego Costa in the amateurish manner that he did and not playing Willian as often as he should is hurting them big time this season, not to mention his mt-like ego in thinking he's too good for this London club, only cos he got lucky in year one that Pep hadn't got his shit together and the rest were so poor.

I couldn't care less about the EPL but I love that pub. My regular stop before catching the train home.

I couldn't care less about the EPL but I love that pub. My regular stop before catching the train home.

I came across it by accident and pleased I did. Was brilliant.

Place just round the corner for eating was exceptional and not rip-off prices.

Steak place? Or the italian?

I can't remember but the wine was only £20 a bottle and she had a really good authentic thin base pizza and I had a platter thing, both very reasonably priced.

Big glass front place in a row of possibly other glass front places, on route to the river I think.

De Bryne for me, or Kane.

Kane has an argument.

De Bruyne is brilliant in terms of his eye for a pass - particularly the final ball. An outstanding technician, who's a joy to watch.

However, for me Silva is the heartbeat of the best team in the country - similar to Xavi was at Barcelona. A constant dictating influence. He's been almost as good as Xavi this season.

They beat Liverpool 5-0 earlier in the season!

Man United couldn't get the ball off them.

They've battered every since one of the so-called big teams... Spurs, Arsenal - these were probably night games - you were probably comatose in a pile of your own vomit, by kick-off.

However, for me, the most impressive performance of all, was their game at Stamford Bridge. Beat the Champions 0-1, but the scoreline doesn't tell the full story. They humiliated Chelsea in front of their own fans - keep ball for 90 mins. Chelsea couldn't get near them.

Still think they can be gotten at defensively though... but that's usually the case for Guardiola teams. You have to get the ball off them first though!

For me, David Silva has been the stand-out player in the EPL this season. Consistently a cut above the rest. You really notice the difference when he doesn't play. Far less fluid.

For a man that's good with semi colons you're fuckin rubbish at reading.

De Bryne for me, or Kane.

Very hard to compare these players but Kane is on a level to the leagues other strikers just now. His goal against Burnley just before Christmas with his left foot was brilliant.

City will get a lesson from Barca/Real hopefully. Id love to see Barca beat PSG too. Suppose they need to get past a strong Chelsea team first.

20 minutes in to the Spurs v West ham game and it's like a fucking shooty in. So so much negativity in that league. 5 teams trying to score goals and the other 15 just defending in numbers.

Only half watching it. Looks pedestrian and boring to me, like most EPL games.

I havent seen an EPL game for a few seasons now. Ive been in bars when its been on Im sure but never paid attention.

Edit, I think the last game I did sit down to watch was City v QPR when City won the league. That was a good game. I remember it anyway.

Are this Man City team really worth watching?

Are they on tv this weekend? Im off and need a dry one

Kane is an incredible talent, does a lot of work off the ball which a striker usually doesn't do, he's not scared to track back and defend or even just drop really deep to get involved on the ball, when he gets it near goal though he's lethal, scores alsorts of goals and definitely isn't a pen merchant which a lot tend to say he is, I actually love him, just hope he gets atleast 15more goals in the league this season now.

I havent seen an EPL game for a few seasons now. Ive been in bars when its been on Im sure but never paid attention.

Edit, I think the last game I did sit down to watch was City v QPR when City won the league. That was a good game. I remember it anyway.

Fa cup this weekend down south.

Liverpool Everton tomorrow night will be boring as sin

Citeh aren't on TV.

That’s about the extent of it for me too, I struggle to pay attention to any football that isn’t Aberdeen or Scotland. I’d rather watch a decent box set or film instead of an epl match.

There used to be regular plastic EPL fan debates on here but it’s gone totally quiet because mots don’t give a shit anymore.

I rarely watch EPL games, most of them are absolutely dross and i've no emotional attachment to any side.

Mainly just watch Scottish games but have found myself flicking on La Liga or Serie A games of an evening, if i'm bored. The style of football is much more preferable to me. Focuses much more on technique and tactics, rather than the physicality that is the hallmark of English football.

^^^ trying too hard to look cool and anti-epl there Park life.

Sure if you have no emotional attachment out with the Dons, the the epl is on a par with la logs seria a etc.; neutral football.

Or you trying to be cool and curry favour with the football dweebs on here?

Sure if you have no emotional attachment out with the Dons, the the epl is on a par with la logs seria a etc.; neutral football.

Having a go at someone for trying to be cool.........meanwhile everyday tries to act cool by pretending he drinks everyday and this some how makes him some sort of free spirit. Massive lols min.

I stated that i prefer to watch other leagues. Do i have to think the EPL is the super-duperest just because you do? Stoke vs West Brom, Watford vs Bournmouth, Brighton vs Huddersfield, West Ham vs Newcastle. Haud me the fuck back.... :suicide:

As you'll see from my previous posting, i never try and curry favour with anyone on here.I say what i think, not what folk want me to think.