Our Best Starting Xi And Formation...

Shinnie played one game left back and we conceded 3 goals. He is far more useful in the middle of the park. Considine is absolutely fine at left back and tbh probably a better defender than shinnie. Just because he can run slightly faster does not make him a better all round left back. He is far too good to take out of the middle of the park and does so much for us in that position.

• Upvote 2

Shinnie played one game left back and we conceded 3 goals. He is far more useful in the middle of the park. Considine is absolutely fine at left back and tbh probably a better defender than shinnie. Just because he can run slightly faster does not make him a better all round left back. He is far too good to take out of the middle of the park and does so much for us in that position.

Yeh he's only touted as one of the best LB in the country , Shinnie that is

• Downvote 1

Because maybe it would give our team a better shape and balance . We have plenty options for midfield and we would be far more effective with Shinnie at LB IMO

If we really did have plenty of options for midfield. Then we wouldn't all be arguing over why McLean always gets a game regardless of form.

Shinnie is a complete waste of a player at LB.

He's a midfielder & that is easily his best & most influential position.

Hayes was great at LB but nobody wanted him wasted there as he was far more effective further up the park.

Yeh he's only touted as one of the best LB in the country , Shinnie that is

Touted by who? Shinnie in this Aberdeen side would be wasted at left back. He played there a lot at Inverness because they had no other option but he still played centre mid a lot. He would stand out in an Inverness side at left back not the dons. I've saw him being tore a new one as often as I have considine and considering he plays there a lot less than considine that's saying something. As much as I think we could improve on the left back position I do not think shinnie is the answer. Young harvie when fit deserves a chance. If he hadn't got injured he was due to play from what I heard.

Reading pre-match comments from McInnes saying Motherwell have a clear and strong identity on their playing style.

I think AFC's playing identity isn't clear and that is moreover the issue rather than starting 11.

The first season under McInnes we were definitely a counter attacking team, pacey wingers. The critiscm of that season is we had no plan B.

Since then to me, it's been about getting the ball wide with ball carriers and pace.

Now, we don't quite have the players to do this. Stewart, Christie have been put out wide.

We have 1 true winger so based on players at our disposal I think it's still in the process of finding the right mix. But you'd have hoped this would have been sorted in pre season and via Europe.

Pains me that Rooney is not in the starting 11, but May will likely prove a better all round striker.

To my mind.

Lewis

Logan O'Conner Reynolds Considine

Wright McLean Shinnie GMS

Christie

May

What the fuck is wrong with people typing "Conner" instead of "Connor"?

It's written down in front of you in a million places, the guy's name is "O'Connor".

Same thing happens when people discuss the Terminator films "Sarah Conner", "John Conner". Did you not see the film you fucking idiots? Can't you fucking read?

That said, I agree with True_Den, that 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 is Derok's go to formation.

Love

Mr Jehn

Reading pre-match comments from McInnes saying Motherwell have a clear and strong identity on their playing style.

I think AFC's playing identity isn't clear and that is moreover the issue rather than starting 11.

The first season under McInnes we were definitely a counter attacking team, pacey wingers. The critiscm of that season is we had no plan B.

Since then to me, it's been about getting the ball wide with ball carriers and pace.

Now, we don't quite have the players to do this. Stewart, Christie have been put out wide.

We have 1 true winger so based on players at our disposal I think it's still in the process of finding the right mix. But you'd have hoped this would have been sorted in pre season and via Europe.

Pains me that Rooney is not in the starting 11, but May will likely prove a better all round striker.

To my mind.

Lewis

Logan O'Conner Reynolds Considine

Wright McLean Shinnie GMS

Christie

May

This was is such clear evidence last night...