New Stadium Approved

I liked the inference in the EE article that said the bulk of the £150M the council we looking to spend would be stadium related but i suppose there would be a chunk of cash to be spend relocating the climbing wall place but there was also a bit about updated leisure facilities to replace the existing presumably but not sure how that would happen with the ballroom in the middle 

3 hours ago, eddiec said:

I liked the inference in the EE article that said the bulk of the £150M the council we looking to spend would be stadium related but i suppose there would be a chunk of cash to be spend relocating the climbing wall place but there was also a bit about updated leisure facilities to replace the existing presumably but not sure how that would happen with the ballroom in the middle 

Where are you seeing this ? Just searched the EE website and find any reference to a £150 m being spent

ok found the link

14 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The stadium better not become more of an all round sports complex rather than a football stadium if the council get involved.

Last thing we need is a smaller version of Hampden where you are a mile away from the pitch. 

There's a running track at the sports Village just along the road so you'd think we'd be OK. 

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

The Slavia Prague stadium that Rangers played in last night would be a blueprint of how I would want our new stadium to look.

Yep, looks great with the steep stands just under 20k capacity 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=slavia+prague+stadium&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDqsC55KrvAhUxUBUIHYQxAukQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=776&bih=505#imgrc=qJ1Zb2KjgyYRdM

8 hours ago, redstrummer said:

I’d take a stadium like that. It’s even got a MacDonalds on the outside to suit our American investors?

On 3/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, milne_afc said:

If we're borrowing it does that mean local huns will be paying for it through council tax? - lol

as with everything in Aberdeen, it'll be at least ten years before a digger hits the ground. Excellent 

4 hours ago, ullevi said:

This surely means we have to play our European games in Dundee or Glasgow as was stated by the upstanding members of the board!!!!

Thankfully the shit spickin tcheuchter who came out with that nonsense is a bit part player now

19 hours ago, ullevi said:

Yes there will be a lot of back tracking when they try and justify wanting to have the stadium in the city centre after saying they had to have everything together out at Westhill

I don't think they'd have to do much back tracking. For a start the majority of the support will be on board with this and won't give much of an F about ditching Kingsford in order to stay in the city, just along the road from Pittodrie.

Secondly, if ACC are willing to stump up the majority, bite their hand off. No brainer.

Thirdly, Kingsford was only chosen because we previously got zero help from ACC to find anywhere suitable within the city 'centre'. It was the closest we could find and had to be pursued.

• Upvote 1

Aye new stadium at the beach and sell the Kingsford site to Asda and then sit back and watch the meltdown from the Westhill Wifies about the traffic chaos that would lead to every day of the week instead of once a fortnight 

Season ticket at the new beach end for me please 

• Upvote 1