Sam Cosgrove

But will he end up back at Dons on loan or Farts on loan, when DM takes over from Robbie ?

Big Sam thought he was better than our league but doesn't look like he is impressing enough in training or substitute appearances to back that up.

If he became available on loan would any of you take him?

Given our prolonged period of pishness I actually would ?.

9 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

But will he end up back at Dons on loan or Farts on loan, when DM takes over from Robbie ?

Big Sam thought he was better than our league but doesn't look like he is impressing enough in training or substitute appearances to back that up.

He was crap for at least a year before he left. Crap in his first year too. Ridiculously clinical in the period in between though.... a really confusing player. I could never tell if I rated him or not

Best to move on. 

I was in favour of others coming back like Hayes and McGinn but I'll admit I was wrong now. 

I know Cosgrove is younger but once you've had the best of someone they are unlikely to come back and replicate it. 

I'd like someone who is more mobile. And before anyone starts I'm not pushing for Watkins who is 31 now and probably at the wrong stage of his career for us to put investment into. 

Although someone with similar mobility and work rate would be welcome. 

32 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

That says a lot about you then!

kept out the team by Curtis main...lolz 

39 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

God no. I’d hope Glass is casting the net far and wide to source a couple of front men to replace our misfiring loanee’s and that he’d want to bring in his own men and not go down the McInnes route of re-hiring former players. Its an absolutely key area for repair as we’ve had an astonishingly poor return in that department this season. Cosgrove’s proven he can go on a hot streak but equally can go missing for long periods and was almost a liability when given the role of lone striker. Whoever we bring in needs to come in with a clean slate and not the baggage of having to win over dissenting fans from past experience.

3 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

God no. I’d hope Glass is casting the net far and wide to source a couple of front men to replace our misfiring loanee’s and that he’d want to bring in his own men and not go down the McInnes route of re-hiring former players. Its an absolutely key area for repair as we’ve had an astonishingly poor return in that department this season. Cosgrove’s proven he can go on a hot streak but equally can go missing for long periods and was almost a liability when given the role of lone striker. Whoever we bring in needs to come in with a clean slate and not the baggage of having to win over dissenting fans from past experience.

Someone that scores a lot of goals abroad in a lower league is what I hope we tap into even if it’s means he costs a bit. Get him at right age and he’s a asset to sell on. Little harder to get work permit is the biggest problem. If we start signing the likes of main and English league 1/2 fodder I am 100% sure Glass will fail. I am relatively confident Glass is going to have the highest budget for many a year because cormack is going to come out of this incredibly badly if it dosnt work out. He has to push boat out. 

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Best to move on. 

I was in favour of others coming back like Hayes and McGinn but I'll admit I was wrong now. 

I know Cosgrove is younger but once you've had the best of someone they are unlikely to come back and replicate it. 

I'd like someone who is more mobile. And before anyone starts I'm not pushing for Watkins who is 31 now and probably at the wrong stage of his career for us to put investment into. 

Can barely say McGinn left. We've had plenty players miss more games through injury than what he missed being in Korea! I think overall re-signing him was a good decision but the length of contract on the wage he is probably on wasn't the best. But if we offered him less time/money then he probably doesn't join and we sign Jeffrey Monakana instead.

Not sure what the point of my post is.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Best to move on. 

This.  transformational.  Lets us get up the park a bit to sort our other shit out.

5 hours ago, DD1903 said:

But he was still kept out the team by Curtis main? ??

You are reveling & basing your glee in a debate about the quality of two of our strikers based on McInnes’s judgement of them ?

so in this case, if we only had the choice of one of the pair of them as our striker for next season (dreadful as that sounds) you would choose Main over Cosgrove yes? 

Honestly now. 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, DD1903 said:

That says a lot about you then!

kept out the team by Curtis main...lolz 

Aye. Fuck taking that carthorse back for a suggestion.

Might as well take McInnes back at the same time.

19 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Cats are far superior to any of your shitey, needy dugs in every single way.  

Get fucked.

Cats are sneaky, anti-social pricks.

Arseholes.

A perfect match for a pish stained, unrideable, spinster biler I suppose.

Didn't realise the hat was full of them. ?