Sam Cosgrove

21 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

What about Tion?

It sounds like an electric car or something!

Liger.....father lion mother tiger

Tigon.......father tiger, mother lion

They are the result only of humans breeding them in captivity, their natural habitats mean they would never meet in the wild.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

They are the result only of humans breeding them in captivity, their natural habitats mean they would never meet in the wild.

They also cannot breed,  the liger or the tigon!. Pointless really

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If they did, the Tiger would fuck the Lion up something royal. King of the Jungle my arse.

A male Siberian Tiger is about 2-3 times the weight of a male African Lion. The Lion can run a lot faster though, which is just as well.

Lions don't even live in the jungle for fucks sake

3 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

The weirdest bit about the transfer, agreed.

The boy was never easy on the eye but banged them in for 18 months and made the club good money. I think he'll regress to lower and lower level fitba but wish him good luck - I hope he got himself a fat contract at Birmingham 

There's very few Aberdeen players I've liked less than Cosgrove over the years - everything about him annoyed me. Barely any football ability whatsoever and his presence in the team was one of the main reasons we became utterly horrendous to watch. As you say though, incredibly he scored a load of goals (a lot were penalties to be fair) and brought in £2m for the club. Whoever sanctioned spending that kind of money on him deserves instant dismissal! 

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

If they did, the Tiger would fuck the Lion up something royal. King of the Jungle my arse.

A male Siberian Tiger is about 2-3 times the weight of a male African Lion. The Lion can run a lot faster though, which is just as well.

Lions don't even live in the jungle for fucks sake

Shambles all round. ?‍♂️

According to this he had a suite of League One clubs after him, Sheffield Wed, Wycombe & Shrewsbury.

This shows that he is on the right track and if he can start hitting the numbers he was managing in the Scottish Premiership then Owls fans would love him.

Between the 2018/19 and 2019/20 campaigns, Cosgrove scored a whopping 44 goals in all competitions – averaging at 22 a season.

If he can score 22 goals in League One for Wednesday then that would be a terrific addition, but it is now down to him to figure out what he wants to do.

My knowledge of the EFL is limited but he seems to have picked the shiter club out of those 3 if they were all after him. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Failed to pay player at various times in the last few years, managers come and go, a lot of fans fed up and not as interested now. 

Aye. All over the shop. The owner bought it as a play thing and has now lost interest. Not paying wages, points deducton and huge debts. FFP means they were unable to buy Cosgrove when he was with us.

10 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I wish him well and hope he is a success at Shrewsbury.

He scored 40+ goals in his first 2 seasons before profiting us 2 million during a difficult period for the club financially. Whether you rated him or not he turned out to be a very good signing for us.

It was good timing as he had clearly regressed to a more normal level after having a particularly purple patch.  

He was often sitting on the bench behind Curtis Main in 19/20 and again a fair bit in 20/21.  5 goals in his last 25 games (ish) for us, 3 of which were pens.  They weren't full games, but that was because Main and others were preferred.  

I don't have anything against him, but it is perhaps the one time that Aberdeen have played a blinder in terms of time of sale and value maximisation. 

3 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Wow I did not realise he had fallen back to that kind of level.

You are dead right that we certainly maximised his value for us!

I don't know what the actual minutes were for that, so it may not be the worst record.  But if the minutes were low it was because of Curtis Main, and that leads to its own conclusions...