Documentaries Thread

mcdougall(4)

On 10/21/2021 at 5:40 PM, Roberto said:

Watched the Paul Merson documentary on BBC iPlayer. Pretty good.

Very eye opening in bits.

Watched it today, I know it's an illness, but if you really want to stop you can. The fact he has managed to stop for over a year just proves this. 

There should be stricter laws on gambling and advertising however. The gambling companies (like 99% of big corporations) are cunts but why the fuck would you lend a mate or a relative money if you knew they were a gambling addict? Very one sided documentary which I never think is a good thing. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, Redforever86 said:

Watched it today, I know it's an illness, but if you really want to stop you can. The fact he has managed to stop for over a year just proves this. 

There should be stricter laws on gambling and advertising however. The gambling companies (like 99% of big corporations) are cunts but why the fuck would you lend a mate or a relative money if you knew they were a gambling addict? Very one sided documentary which I never think is a good thing. 

It's a mental illness, a form of self harm. No such thing as addiction though, that's a load of shite.

• 5 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Watching WW2 in Colour. Fucking tremendous stuff. I don't care what any of the modern fucking fuds say, Churchill is the greatest human the world has ever seen.

Enjoyed that a few times. 

but to think Britain played any serious part in the demise of the nazis is propaganda. Soviet/ US double

uk bluff IMO

zero credibility 

42 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Just finished Pearl Harbour. Not a patch on World at War but it's good for getting a bit history in the laddie.

I watched the battle of the bulge one yesterday, first one I've seen. Def not world at war, but has some decent talking heads.

Not sure I'll have the stomach for the Stalingrad or Hiroshima episodes.