Documentaries Thread

mcdougall(4)

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

All or Nothing Arsenal. 

Bunch of soft cunts.

Yip. Unbelievably soft.

The cereal box philosophy stuff Arteta was trying was a naive waste of time. Dunno why he couldnt see that. Most of the dressing room are thick as fuck, straight talking is key surely. And what did the players have to say about their performances? 

Surely the team wouldve benefited from the players having a post mortem in the dressing room after getting pumped instead of silence and just a few words from Arteta. 

Not enough real communication between them all is my thoughts on their short comings. 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:37 PM, Simply Red said:

John McAfee doco on netflix. 
Worth a watch, fair character like

Now no. 1 on my must watch list.

I read a bunch of stuff when he died - some fucking life he led. Nae sure what to make of it all - damaged genius, world class wind up merchant and a sick bastard rolled up in one. There's sugguestions now that his suicide was faked

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
On 9/2/2022 at 8:46 PM, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Now no. 1 on my must watch list.

I read a bunch of stuff when he died - some fucking life he led. Nae sure what to make of it all - damaged genius, world class wind up merchant and a sick bastard rolled up in one. There's sugguestions now that his suicide was faked

His dopey ex bird says at the end of the doco that she got a phone call from him from Texas 2 weeks after his supposed death.

*spoiler alert - probs shoulda put that first.

Defo killed his neighbour.  Poor guy just did the community a great service by poisoning his irritating cunt dogs as well - gets a bullet for his good deed.

McAfee was a cunt.

Watched this in preparation for next month's election and subsequent civil war should Bozo lose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cvm26g/the-boys-from-brazil-rise-of-the-bolsonaros-series-1-episode-1

One about the Yorkshire Ripper on BBC4 as well.  Was excellent.   Fucking useless police took 5 years to catch him after having interviewed him 9 times... Even then it was by sheer chance, not endeavour. 

70s was good times for your maniac hammer murderer.   The police's main tactics back then seemed to be knocking on people's doors asking if they had seen anything, and if that didn't yield any results, put up big posters around town asking the same people if they'd seen anything.

• 1 month later...

Watching Darren McGarvey's Scotland just now, the episode about Aberdeen. It's making my blood boil. Homelessness is apparently a huge problem in Scotland, with thousands homeless and tens of thousands of indigenous Scots waiting on housing lists. Not to mention the many thousands of Afghanis and Ukrainians etc. that Sturgeon invited over that are living on ferries and hotels. And yet the flats I lived in until a few months ago, 600 homes, which were warm and dry, are being demolished, after 10 years of spending 10s of millions on new central heating, bathrooms, kitchens, re-wiring electrics, cladding. The reason they gave me for deciding to bring them down?  Under occupancy. They told me the flats were only at 50% occupancy! You couldn't make it up. This country is fucked.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

First World Problems.

Ronaldo Fenomeno.   On BBC IPlayer.  

Pele said he was the worst player on the park against Scotland at France 98.   

Bloody terrific.  10/10.

@Parklife

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Right I know the 4 blocks you mean. They were nice flats iirc. 

Structurally fine. Absolutely no problems with damp or anything like that. Perfectly habitable. Like i said, the street was like a building site for years, installing a 'community heating system ' (pretty much a power station that pumps hot water straight into the houses on the estate), cladding, upgraded electrics, new kitchens. The new bathrooms were only installed 4 years ago. All the time our rent was being increased by  'inflation plus 3 or 4%' every year to cover the costs. Actually 'inflation plus 5%' a few times.  Then as soon as they finished the works they decide to demolish it all? Doesn't add up.