Sign in to follow this  
mcdougall(4)

Documentaries Thread

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

World at War, WWII in colour and pretty much anything else about that period I cannot get enough of.

Watched, and read, many a tale about Stalingrad which by all accounts was absolute chaos and carnage.

No sympathy for the Japs and how it all ended if I am being honest. Reap what you sow.

Actually going to rewatch the World at War as it's been a while.

You have probably read it, but Anthony beevor stalingrad is brutal.

The Hunt for Bible John on the beeb , oooft the Glasgow slums at that time were off the scale !!

31 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

The Hunt for Bible John on the beeb , oooft the Glasgow slums at that time were off the scale !!

Cunt worked at Gardners Crescent. 

Problem solved.  @manboobs109

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Cunt worked at Gardners Crescent. 

Problem solved.  @manboobs109

Easy, @Fridge probably knows who it was but doesn't want to say.

Aye the slums in Glasgow were brutal, really enjoyed the first episode of it and looking forward to the next part.

9 hours ago, Somefriendly said:

You have probably read it, but Anthony beevor stalingrad is brutal.

Aye got his books and the ones about the battles for Stalingrad then Berlin contain some horrific stories.

9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Easy, @Fridge probably knows who it was but doesn't want to say.

Aye the slums in Glasgow were brutal, really enjoyed the first episode of it and looking forward to the next part.

haha. Poor old Fridge face. 

Aye, I fancy watching that show.  Loves me a good serial killer doco. 

9 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

haha. Poor old Fridge face. 

Aye, I fancy watching that show.  Loves me a good serial killer doco. 

It was Hanzoid

22 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Watched, and read, many a tale about Stalingrad which by all accounts was absolute chaos and carnage.

Like a night out with @Fridge and the Hutch. 

21 hours ago, milne_afc said:

The Beatles thing is about 6 hours too long. Some pretty nifty footage and musicianship though.

Would recommend for a long haul flight or some quarantine viewing.

Watched the first one.  Fair bit of friction with Paul and George at one point.  Ringo is quality, he just looks pissed all the time.  

24 minutes ago, Henry said:

Like a night out with @Fridge and the Hutch. 

Ha that would be a hoot

What could possibly go wrong

Thanks to whoever recommended Disasters Engineered.A couple in now, and very decent so far.

The Union Carbide one in Bophal is a shocker.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Thanks to whoever recommended Disasters Engineered.A couple in now, and very decent so far.

The Union Carbide one in Bophal is a shocker.

Superb viewing eh?

The Hindenburg one was a personal favourite.

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Superb viewing eh?

The Hindenburg one was a personal favourite.

Think that’s the next one i’m due to watch.

On the preview I think it said the Hindenburg was about the same size as 3 jumbo jets.Mental.

Also didn’t know Challenger should never have been allowed to take off.Surprised there’s not been more made of the decision to overrule engineers that said it shouldn’t go ahead.

Edited by YorkDon

You'll enjoy the Hindenburg one. I actually rewatched it the other day due to it being so fascinating.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Finished the Beatles 3 parter.  Last two episodes were superb.  As soon as Billy Preston was introduced to the sound the whole mood changed in the band and they actually looked to be enjoying themselves.  Total turnaround after the first episode.

Never seen so many fags being smoked in my life, no wonder there was a smoking warning on the screen before it.

Absolute legends.

Edited by jamiesd

14 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Finished the Beatles 3 parter.  Last two episodes were superb.  As soon as Billy Preston was introduced to the sound the whole mood changed in the band and they actually looked to be enjoying themselves.  Total turnaround after the first episode.

Never seen so many fags being smoked in my live, no wonder there was a smoking warning on the screen before it.

Absolute legends.

Was considering getting AppleTV just for this, but I had it for a year when I got my new iPhone and never watched it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Never seen so many fags being smoked in my live, no wonder there was a smoking warning on the screen before it.

Absolute legends.

Doubler. FTH

Edited by YorkDon

On 12/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, YorkDon said:

Was considering getting AppleTV just for this, but I had it for a year when I got my new iPhone and never watched it.

It's only just come out on Disney+.

Never been on Appletv

9 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

It's only just come out on Disney+.

Never been on Appletv

I meant Disney+, where I got AppleTV from I don’t know.

On 11/28/2021 at 7:27 PM, redstrummer said:

Good watch. Some great footage, obviously tunes as well. Feel so bad for the women. Brutal cunt he was. 

With all the scripture shit, I dare say bible John could've been a relative of @Clydeside_Sheep