Documentaries Thread

mcdougall(4)

On 5/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, maryhilldon said:

2nd episode of Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland on BBC2 just now. Great documentary. Incredible that this stuff was happening just a few miles away, within my living memory.Β 

Just started that the nooπŸ‘.....I would of done all of those in 1986πŸ‘™πŸ’•

On 6/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, maryhilldon said:

60 Days On The Estates on CH4.Β  Supposed to be a sympathetic expose of how tough life is on a London council estate. They visited a single mum with 3 sets of twins , whining about being skint. When asked about how she ended up with 3 sets of twins, she said 'well, i was on contraception, but, y'know'.Β  No, i don't know. Take some fuckin responsibility and stop blaming everyone else because you can't keep your legs together or remember to take a pill once a day.Β 

Next/Last episode.....Easter houseπŸ‘½πŸ’€ Sunday 9pm..

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The Tour De France een on Netflix justΒ  is decent.

Jasper the disaster is fuckin cleaning up this year, that’s for sure. Bet they’ve dropped that name now.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

WHAM - Netflix.Β 
Β 

Andrew and Dode speak about the Wham days (guess Dode had recorded some stuff for a project like this)Β 

I understand the hat is a bit too Uber macho to deal with wham but Dodes songwriting is genius. Some of the latter Wham songs are ace.Β 
Β 

Dodes solo album run of Faith - LWP - Older is up there with any British artist triplicate. Man was incredibleΒ 

Evacuation - Channel 4. 3 part documentary about the evacuation of Kabul before the withdrawal of troops in 2021.

Hard hitting!! Some of the descriptions and videos of the suicide bombing at the airport were grim. British and American soldiers having to work with the Taliban to get as many people out as possible. Hearing of the fear of young girls and women who turned up at the airport and weren't eligible to leave but knew what the future held for them under the Taliban.Β 

Worth a watch.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Evacuation - Channel 4. 3 part documentary about the evacuation of Kabul before the withdrawal of troops in 2021.

Hard hitting!! Some of the descriptions and videos of the suicide bombing at the airport were grim. British and American soldiers having to work with the Taliban to get as many people out as possible. Hearing of the fear of young girls and women who turned up at the airport and weren't eligible to leave but knew what the future held for them under the Taliban.Β 

Worth a watch.

That got recommended to me last week by a mate, like you, said it was worth a watch πŸ‘

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Dele Alli interview on The Overlap with Gary Neville.

No wonder this boy went off the rails when you hear what went on in his past. Hopefully he'll be better equipped to deal with his issues and go on to show why he was ripped for great things only a few short years ago.

Just shows how shite the press and general public are though. Rip the guy to shreds for headlines and click bait then fawn all over him when the mental health card is played. Next target will be lined up.Β 
Β 

Did think he was away to come out as a Willy Woofter.Β 

13 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Longest Breath on Netflix.

Death of an Irish hippy type boy in the free diving community. Worth a watch for the extremes they put their lungs and brains through.

Nae paps. 7/10

Watched it yesterday. Don't understand why anyone would want to take the risks they take. Also it never explained why he waited an extra 20 seconds to go down to her considering he was her safety diver, there must have been a reason why he delayed and ultimately it cost him his life (and almost hers too).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Sounds like there could be some sexy time.

Haha. Sorry @Poodler. Haven't lived in Melbourne for about 10 years, out in the country. But if you don't have any plans for the day I recommend spending the afternoon/ evening in the esplanade hotel (espy) in St Kilda. Used to have bands kick off about 4 and play on until end of night... that was a while ago, but be surprised if it doesn't still happen. Nice early spring day too, so people watching is also good.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

• Haha 1