Scott Wright

4 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Magic.... Wish I knew that yesterday when I read the bit on twitter.

Apologies, he didn't score but he did set up three goals

"They asked me to come and play. I played in the game at right-wing. I came on at half-time and set up three goals.

But Rangers had made a decision that they were going to let me go so Peter McCloy pulled me after the game and told me I wouldn't be getting a contract. Obviously I was disappointed, I'm 16-years-old and I want to be a footballer.

I took it on the chin and went home.

That evening Peter McCloy phoned the house, said I had done really well and asked if I would play in a game against Inverness.

I said no. My Mum says she was so proud of me that day because they had decided they weren't going to offer me a contract then changed their minds when I had done so well. 

So I said I wasn't coming and that was the end of it."

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Apologies, he didn't score but he did set up three goals

"They asked me to come and play. I played in the game at right-wing. I came on at half-time and set up three goals.

But Rangers had made a decision that they were going to let me go so Peter McCloy pulled me after the game and told me I wouldn't be getting a contract. Obviously I was disappointed, I'm 16-years-old and I want to be a footballer.

I took it on the chin and went home.

That evening Peter McCloy phoned the house, said I had done really well and asked if I would play in a game against Inverness.

I said no. My Mum says she was so proud of me that day because they had decided they weren't going to offer me a contract then changed their minds when I had done so well. 

So I said I wasn't coming and that was the end of it."

Afternoon wank material sorted. FTH.

• 5 months later...

Sevconians on Clyde1 football phone in all raving about Wright's performances in the 2 friendlies v Brighton and Real Madrid. They all thought he would be a fairly limited squad player at best but now seem to think he will be a first pick if he keeps playing like he has been.

Hope he breaks his leg next week

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sevconians on Clyde1 football phone in all raving about Wright's performances in the 2 friendlies v Brighton and Real Madrid. They all thought he would be a fairly limited squad player at best but now seem to think he will be a first pick if he keeps playing like he has been.

I was hoping to open this thread and see his legs had been broken.

Fuck sake.

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not surprised. Any player that gets talked about for the OF that plays for another SPL side is never good enough according to the fans. Look at them all saying Ferguson isn't anywhere near good enough. They also said it about John McGinn when he almost went to Celtic... In reality very few have a clue outside the OF bubble. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I’d rather my ears were painted on than listen to those bigoted mongs

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Unless he is injured or dead who cares.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Wonder if we put a sell on clause in with the deal when we sold him to them? If he does get a run in their team and eventually moves down south we might pick up a bit of money out of it.

With it being a fraction of what SevCo would get, I’m not bothered about him having any resale value for them.

Incidentally, have they received the £20M offers yet for Morelos and Kamara yet?

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

With it being a fraction of what SevCo would get, I’m not bothered about him having any resale value for them.

Incidentally, have they received the £20M offers yet for Morelos and Kamara yet?

I think they're too busy waiting for the £25m offer for Barisic and £15m for Tavernier... oh and the £45m for Kent.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I think you’ll find welcoming fat boy back (to the club he loves blah blah) to fend off Porto’s and multiple other bids is the party line at present.

and I think you’ll find zero serious bids is still the reality.

I think they've had serious bids. Just none of them anywhere near in line with their "expectations". They still seem to think he's worth £25-30M, when in reality he'll be lucky to go for £10-15M, with Porto sniffing around at the very bottom of that region. 

40 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think they've had serious bids. Just none of them anywhere near in line with their "expectations". They still seem to think he's worth £25-30M, when in reality he'll be lucky to go for £10-15M, with Porto sniffing around at the very bottom of that region. 

Bollox. Porto is the highest profile club linked with him and £10-£15 Million is absolutely at the top of their budget and generally they snap up players for lower fees than that.

If he was to go to Porto, I'd reckon it would be £5-£8M tops.

The guy has went AWOL. If SevCo received a firm bid of £5M, do you think they would reject?

48 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox. Porto is the highest profile club linked with him and £10-£15 Million is absolutely at the top of their budget and generally they snap up players for lower fees than that.

If he was to go to Porto, I'd reckon it would be £5-£8M tops.

The guy has went AWOL. If SevCo received a firm bid of £5M, do you think they would reject?

Porto were rumoured to be looking at tabling a £10m bid for him at the start of July. Hence why I mentioned it. 

Guest milne_afc

The cunt’s a £10m player imho. He absolutely ragdolled £3m McKenna on several occasions and without checking, his European record is pretty good.