Straw Poll - McInnes: Stay or Go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. McInnes: Stay or Go?

• McInnes is God!
    • McInnes must Go!

agree with this. FFP was being pushed hard by certain teams to stop them being challenged. Bayern were massive champions of FFP because they completely dominate German fitba and can challenge in Europe.

As much as I can see where SOTR is coming from, I can also accept the sugar daddy type scenario is the only way to challenge the elite.

Correct

Modern Man City are a joke; the place is full of Barcelona and Spain strips these days.

However they are a historically proud club, good loyal tradiobsl support with a bit of past success.

Like a Sunderland \ wolves \ Sheffield clubs \ West Ham.

A tier below your villas, Everton’s, Leeedses, Newcastle’s of the English game.

England’s full of very popular clubs out with the giants. No wonder it generates so much interest and money.

Fair play to Man City, if you strip away the ridiculous amounts they have spent on a defence they are at least looking like a strong side.

• Downvote 1

Correct... the organisation of Australian sports is based upon the US system. So I am assuming they will share many similarities. There is a draft, salary cap, free agency and no transfer fees.

I'm certainly not an expert on american sports, but would you care to enlighten me, by highlighting which parts of my post are nonsense and why? Would be nice to see if you are actually capable of posting something of substance... rather than your usual worthless shite?

To my mind the principals are the same... however, I do acknowledge in baseball for example, there is a luxuries tax, which allows teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc... something of a financial edge. However, they are hammered for spending outside of the salary cap. There is still the capability for teams like the Kansas City Royals to win the world series, which they did in 2015... however, Hamilton Accies or Kilmarnock will never win the SPFL.

In Australian sports it really is a completely level playing field, which is why I find them so appealing. Doesn't matter what your fan base is, or how well your commercial department do, it all comes down to draft selections, recruitment, free agency and management of the salary cap.

Fair enough, in the Australian sports (I'm assuming you mean AFL and ARL) there is no real market for talent outside the country, which I assume makes a difference.

It's impossible to replicate that in a global sport like football.

Go. Especially if we can get money in compensation. (Doubtful as his stock is falling & cannot see anyone willing to pay for him now)

Also GO, if he was willing to leave for another club for free/mutual consent (doubtful)

Basically only want him to stay if the only way to get rid is pay up his contract.

I do not trust him for signing players that are needed all over the park in first team.

McKenna (whom we could potentially be cashing in on) possibly Devlin (wait & see) McGinn, Shinnie, Lewis, Logan & maybe Rooney & GMS ( if they find form) are the bones of our decent (at least potentially decent if on form) team. The rest of the first team squad is very open to much needed strengthening.

Took McInnes forever before he sorted the gk position.

Got the RB position sorted. No complaints, other than a drop in form this season.

LB has been a joke for his whole tenure to date.

Same regarding Central defence. He has experimented with a lot of shiteness for the most part in defence.

Midfield (centrally at least) has not been much better for him, which is quite frankly a fkn disgrace for a for a former midfielder as manager. Robson & Flood & Jack & McLean have been his hit & miss players in there. Not fantastic but reasonably acceptable. Others like Ball & AOC & Tansey are wtf signings.

LW has been covered by the likes of Hayes/McGinn thankfully.

RW has been shit for most of his time.

Up front he scored a plus with Rooney up to now where a combination of poor form & Shite tactics have fkd that now.

May has so far been a failed gamble & on a loooong deal.

Majority of loan signings have been shite, with few exceptions like Maddison, Christie,Ward & maybe Chidi.

Even one of his best signings he has managed to fkn only get semi decent use from. Shinnie in midfield having to cover for his failure to address the midfield weakness sufficiently, whilst simultaneously fkn up the LB position with a slow CH because of this.

The league being a lot weaker overall during his tenure has helped him escape the shite he deserves for so many risks/fk ups

But what does Doncomitant really think?

Fair enough, in the Australian sports (I'm assuming you mean AFL and ARL) there is no real market for talent outside the country, which I assume makes a difference.

It's impossible to replicate that in a global sport like football.

In the AFL that is the case - which is one of many reasons I absolutely love the sport.

I believe the NRL works slightly differently (someone from the eastern states may be able to clarify), as they do have recruitment from England and NZ. However, I do know they stick to a salary cap rigorously. Melbourne storm had their premierships retrospectively stripped from them recently, after it was discovered they were spending over the salary cap. This is exactly what should have happened to OldCo Rangers. Both are examples of cheating - financial doping. In one country this was punished, in another they were allowed to get away from it. The corruption in our game is utterly sickening.

I realised that after I posted... I'd missed a few posts beforehand.

I just couldn't be arsed editing it.

I was talking purely about the shameful way they carved up the tv money for log enough.

It is the one thing that the English clubs seem to get, that as much as a global tv audience is tuning in for man utd, they have to play someone...

So you want him to stay then.

No necessarily. I just dont want folk thinking:

1. Im dead.

2. Been done for noncing.

3. Set up a problem corner

4. Been the victim of a tragic accident involving self gratification, a size large leather belt and a pair of Halfords spark plugs.*

After the last 2 games I wanted him to go, poor performances, tactics nom existent, substitutions too late or wrong. Overall he has been good for the club, but signings average at best. Our midfield has been poor this season, Im sure he expects Tansey to step up and fill the gap Jack left, but he was worse than poor. Centre halfs- other than McKenna they have been poor, full backs both poor, Consi marginally worse. Strikers poor, only positives, GMS occasionally and mcginn again occasionally. So agreed he needs to make some key signings in the summer, but whether we have the cash or the ability to attract an up and coming player is dubious.

We can still finish 2nd although the Rankers are looking good right now, I hate to say......and I have my doubts whether we can make it to the cup final never mind beat one if the OF at Hampden. So given all that, TiME TO GO McInnes!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Newer members won't remember... but it's a nod to the end of the Calderwood era on AFC Chat.

You were either 'JIG' of 'JMG'.... there was no middle ground. If fact, if you were on the fence, that was probably worse.... It was like civil war on here... even more so than usual!

If that was a civil war the McGhee era with LS was like a World war.

Newer members won't remember... but it's a nod to the end of the Calderwood era on AFC Chat.

You were either 'JIG' of 'JMG'.... there was no middle ground. If fact, if you were on the fence, that was probably worse.... It was like civil war on here... even more so than usual!

I remember it well.

Just hoping we don't need to head back to it again!

There's definitely a middle ground with McInnes I think.

If that was a civil war the McGhee era with LS was like a World war.

True - that war nearly destroyed AFC Chat. LS eventually pulled the pin, to relieve his own misery... If Bebo hadn't stepped in, that would have been the end.

It always erupts on here, when the end looms large for a manager.

The poll really needs a third option something along the lines of "I'm unhappy with McInnes but he deserves more time to improve the situation"

Polarising everyone into people who think he is God or he must be instantly sacked is pointless, I doubt very many people actually take either of those extreme viewpoints.

Typical IUWMBNMTTITS-er. You'll be the death of Aberdeen Football Club.