Post Split Fixtures Discussion

I dont believe celtic v sevco will be in the first round of fixtures.......more likely the 3rd or 4th round by which time the Dhims will have the league won.

However I do think the SPFL will do everything in their power to help sevco get 2nd place. So I believe we will start with an away fixture.....and I believe it will be away to Celtic.....followed by a home match that will be difficult so it has to be Hibs........then away to Killie and finishing with 2 home games, firstly against Fartz and final game will be at home to sevco.

Don't believe if you don't want to...but it is. Celtic are only 10 points away from winning the league. The powers that be will not risk them being able to clinch it in a celtic - sevco game

The game is on 22nd April

Grow up

Persistent inferiority complex is embarrassing

I liked the bit where he said the SPFL will do all they can to help Rangers finish second by giving Aberdeen three home games, including Rangers. In fact we'd avoid a second trip to Easter Road and trips to Ibrox and Tynecastle, so actually our run in would be superb.

• Downvote 1

Hibs complaining because they might have to go to Ibrox and miss out on a "sell out crowd" home pay day. Absolutely fucking pathetic. They really are just a bigger Motherwell.

I think they have a reason to be pissed off... If it's at Ibrox it will likely not be on telly and their fans lose out doubly. And even though they've got a great record at Ibrox this season, anything that inconveniences the Zombies and helps rival teams take points off them the better for us and should be actively encouraged...

Hibs complaining because they might have to go to Ibrox and miss out on a "sell out crowd" home pay day. Absolutely fucking pathetic. They really are just a bigger Motherwell.

Their punters have to shell out ticket costs and travel for a third time

I would want Aberdeen to complain equally at our fans being treated as poorly equally.

I can understand Hibs complaints, they are all entirely legitimate.

However, I lose sympathy considering they were one of the clubs who helped push through a split after 33 games knowing fine well these sort of fixture issues would crop up.

Likewise, I don't hear anyone from Hibs putting forward proposals for a 16/18 team league or a fairer split.

So it's really just hot air.

I liked the bit where he said the SPFL will do all they can to help Rangers finish second by giving Aberdeen three home games, including Rangers. In fact we'd avoid a second trip to Easter Road and trips to Ibrox and Tynecastle, so actually our run in would be superb.

Our fixtures are set in stone. We are due 3 home games against sevco, Hibs and Hearts and away games against Celtic and Killie. That gives us a 19/19 split. As I said in the post the SPFL will try to help sevco as much as possible. That's why I think they won't play Celtic till after Celtic have already wrapped up the title, and also why I believe we will get Celtic in the first round of post split games. We will get sevco at home last game of the season in which the winner could get second and the loser fourth.....

Our fixtures are set in stone. We are due 3 home games against sevco, Hibs and Hearts and away games against Celtic and Killie. That gives us a 19/19 split. As I said in the post the SPFL will try to help sevco as much as possible. That's why I think they won't play Celtic till after Celtic have already wrapped up the title, and also why I believe we will get Celtic in the first round of post split games. We will get sevco at home last game of the season in which the winner could get second and the loser fourth.....

But you keep ignoring the fact the celtic v rangers game is already confirmed?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2335361/celtic-rangers-old-firm-date-final-league-game-set/

Their punters have to shell out ticket costs and travel for a third time

I would want Aberdeen to complain equally at our fans being treated as poorly equally.

But they are due an extra away game. Cant just give them 20 Home and 18 away. And as funny as it would be you cant give sevco 5 away games after the split!

Its pretty standard really

Do you think Celtic will somehow take it easy against Rangers?

Is this your first season following Scottish football?

But they are due an extra away game. Cant just give them 20 Home and 18 away. And as funny as it would be you cant give sevco 5 away games after the split!

Its pretty standard really

Tbh their away form is a lot better than their home, so that'd be shite if they got 5 awa's

Do you think Celtic will somehow take it easy against Rangers?

Is this your first season following Scottish football?

Of course they won't you fucking imbecile. I'm saying that it will take place after the Dhims have won the league. Therefore not in the first round of post split games......despite what RUL says it is NOT confirmed they will play in the first round of games.

However the SPFL will want to assist sevco any way possible. Which is why I believe they will hand us a trip to Parkhead in the first round of fixtures, so Celtic play a full 1st team against us. If we went there after they had won the league then we would expect to face a team of reserves and youngsters, giving us a decent chance of getting a result. Which is the last thing those on the 6th floor at Hampdung want......

• Upvote 1

Of course they won't you fucking imbecile. I'm saying that it will take place after the Dhims have won the league. Therefore not in the first round of post split games......despite what RUL says it is NOT confirmed they will play in the first round of games.

However the SPFL will want to assist sevco any way possible. Which is why I believe they will hand us a trip to Parkhead in the first round of fixtures, so Celtic play a full 1st team against us. If we went there after they had won the league then we would expect to face a team of reserves and youngsters, giving us a decent chance of getting a result. Which is the last thing those on the 6th floor at Hampdung want......

No they wouldn't. They didn't do that last year even with a cup final to prepare for. If anything, the likes of Griffiths, Armstrong etc all need the games to get fully fit.

The rest of your post isn't even worth replying to, you paranoid lunatic. You probably think the earth is flat too.

• Downvote 1

As usual everyone is pandering to the two arse cheeks because they can't behave themselves. Would love the SPFL to just announce the fixtures irrespective of how and when Celtic can win the league. If they win the league at Parkhead agains the huns then so be it as they should be able to rub it right in their face. How is it ok to make us potentially go to Parkhead and watch them winning the league but its not fair to make the sevco fans endure that pish because they will kick off. No other league in the country does anything like this for any clubs.

• Upvote 5

Most leagues in the world do their best to set up title deciders, not avoid them! Renders the whole top 6 shite pointless.

God forbid the SPFL had the fixtures prepared before last night. At worst they could have had the 2 options (Motherwell/Hearts) ready to go and after our result last night get the appropriate one to clubs and TV companies today.

As usual everyone is pandering to the two arse cheeks because they can't behave themselves. Would love the SPFL to just announce the fixtures irrespective of how and when Celtic can win the league. If they win the league at Parkhead agains the huns then so be it as they should be able to rub it right in their face. How is it ok to make us potentially go to Parkhead and watch them winning the league but its not fair to make the sevco fans endure that pish because they will kick off. No other league in the country does anything like this for any clubs.

Pathetic. Not you, the situation.

Most leagues in the world do their best to set up title deciders, not avoid them! Renders the whole top 6 shite pointless.

God forbid the SPFL had the fixtures prepared before last night. At worst they could have had the 2 options (Motherwell/Hearts) ready to go and after our result last night get the appropriate one to clubs and TV companies today.

To be fair, at the moment there has been little scope to set up title deciders. For the past however many years, the title has been decided before a ball has been kicked. Only question is when it actually happens.

The top 6 is absolutely, pointless shite.

I wouldn't automatically assume that Hibs will get the 18/20 split and therefore the third trip to Ibrox. Whilst they are seeded lowest there is precedent for doing it on a fairness rather than seeded basis like last season where the lowest seeded team (Partick) got the 20/18 split ahead of all other top 6 teams as they were the only team with nothing to play for. If they took this approach then Hearts rather than Hibs could get the 18/20 split and third trip to Ibrox

I wouldn't automatically assume that Hibs will get the 18/20 split and therefore the third trip to Ibrox. Whilst they are seeded lowest there is precedent for doing it on a fairness rather than seeded basis like last season where the lowest seeded team (Partick) got the 20/18 split ahead of all other top 6 teams as they were the only team with nothing to play for. If they took this approach then Hearts rather than Hibs could get the 18/20 split and third trip to Ibrox

And given the league bent over backwards to allow them to rake in extra cash off away fans at Murrayfield I'm sure they'll take it well.....

Aren't Man C about to win the league against Man U?

Makes a mockery of Scottish fitba, thon two

And weeks before Celtic can tie up the Scottish title. If Celtic were set to win the title this weekend we'd have our press slagging off Scottish football sand saying "we need a stronger Rangers".

• Upvote 1