Post Split Fixtures Discussion

That's football though I guess - given how strong Celtic were last season, its actually been quite surprising to see them drop so many points this season, and gutting again that we haven't done better against the old firm this season.

I know it counts for nothing, but its come up before about what costs us the most - dropping points to the old firm, or dropping too many points against the rest.

Despite it not having felt as strong a season for us, we've actually been pretty consistent against everyone else this season. I know it counts for squat, but assuming Celtic win tonight, if you take out the results between the top three, the league looks very different:

Aberdeen - P26, W19, D5, L2 - 62

Celtic - P26, W17, D7, L2 - 58

Rangers - P26, W15, D4, L7 - 49

Heck, even if we'd have won the two back to back games when it was all kicking off with McInnes leaving it would be:

Celtic - 74

Aberdeen - 68

Rangers - 53

Like I say, I know its pointless, but it just shows the narrow margins sometimes. Ever the optimist, if we can keep up the consistency next season, and do better against the old firm, and just for once get the rub of the green, the frustrating thing is that we probably could win the title.

An SPFL spokesman said: Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18. This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections. It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.

The post-split dates for 2017/18 are as follows:

Fixture round 34 - weekend of April 21/22

Fixture round 35 - weekend of April 28/29

Fixture round 36 - weekend of May 5/6

Fixture round 37 - midweek of May 8/9

Fixture round 38 - weekend of May 12/13

So racellick cant win on post split + 1 thus OF back on Id imagine.

A disheartening double header with the scum could work in our favour.......

Were going to fuck it up against Hearts arent we.

No Danger are we losing to farts. We are on a crest of a wave and it will continue till the end of the season.... Faith man...

No - if we lose to Hearts and they beat Hamilton they can still clinch it on the first match post split...

Yep, but if we drew with hearts and celtic won, it would depend on when the 1st round of split games are played, if celtic v sevco is early Saturday and celtic win it would be a 15 point gap and big goal difference to us but still mathematically possible. If games are played at same time or celtic v sevco after we play then it could be possible they win title. Even if the hearts draw celtic win scenario pans out at weekend I think they would move the fixture anyway as its as good as the title should they beat sevco

With Celtic & Aberdeen both having played 16 home matches going into the split & both being due 3 home matches post split including one against Sevco. Why the fuck has a 3rd Ceptic match at Ipox been taken out of the equation?

To be fair, it nearly happened last year (think it would have been three at Parkhead) but the way the top six worked there wasn't a need.

But had Partick Thistle been pipped to the top six by someone else I'm sure there was a chance it could have happened.

I can't really remember though. May have made all of this up to waste your time.

i think christie has a ban for the first match now

Which isn't a concern as we're off to Parkhead first game after the split to watch them win the league.

The huns will be at home to Hearts same weekend. Hibs will get the huns at home instead of Hearts purely from a sporting competitive point of view as Hearts have fuck all to play for but Hibs are challenging for 2nd/3rd spot.

It's a tricky one to arrange after that as Hearts and Hibs and the huns and Celtic can't both play at home on the same day so will take a wee bit of working out.

Which isn't a concern as we're off to Parkhead first game after the split to watch them win the league.

The huns will be at home to Hearts same weekend. Hibs will get the huns at home instead of Hearts purely from a sporting competitive point of view as Hearts have fuck all to play for but Hibs are challenging for 2nd/3rd spot.

It's a tricky one to arrange after that as Hearts and Hibs and the huns and Celtic can't both play at home on the same day so will take a wee bit of working out.

It's ridiculous. What an unnecessary shambles.

Would a ban only be served in a game he is eligible to play in though?

The SPFL rules says that he is not eligible for a celtic game so I think the suspension would carry over to the next game.

Let me add that I don't know the SPFL rule book, so this is just an opinion.

That was my understanding also.

Would a ban only be served in a game he is eligible to play in though?

The SPFL rules says that he is not eligible for a celtic game so I think the suspension would carry over to the next game.

Let me add that I don't know the SPFL rule book, so this is just an opinion.

No.

He is not able to play against Celtic as Celtic are his parent club. If his one match ban was the game we'd be due to play against Celtic then it would apply.

Going by your logic the game he's banned from (against Killie for example) would mean he not eligible for that Killie game. (Because he's banned)

He'd not serve his ban as he's not eligible to play against Killie because he's banned and so the ban would carry over to the next game.

He'd then be banned for that game but not serve the ban as he's not eligable to play. Poor cunt would never play again unless he left Scottish football.

No.

He is not able to play against Celtic as Celtic are his parent club. If his one match ban was the game we'd be due to play against Celtic then it would apply.

Going by your logic the game he's banned from (against Killie for example) would mean he not eligible for that Killie game. (Because he's banned)

He'd not serve his ban as he's not eligible to play against Killie because he's banned and so the ban would carry over to the next game.

He'd then be banned for that game but not serve the ban as he's not eligable to play. Poor cunt would never play again unless he left Scottish football.

Only my opinion boof, the proper answer from me should be 'i dinna fucking ken'