The Mckenna Dilemma

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You jokin?

You actually can’t remember folk saying that about mckenna? He was the classic. Folk were saying he was worth 10 million then when he put in his transfer request he was a tim cunt and a cart horse. 

theres 123 pages on this thread there is no chance I am trawling through it for you!

“please provide the evidence.” Deary me. What are you, afc chats official auditor

?

I like this reply.

More emotional than I'd expected fae you.

Dinna "deary me" me yi cunt.

I like you.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Dad said:

Regardless of what happens - the cunts moving on for 20 maybes 60m eventually...the big pile of bangers is a foregone conclusion. 

We've suffered a whiley sure - with the fucking Glass Debacle a cheeky wee cherry atop the fucking Turd Cake; all forgotten about when Scott nets us a teams worth of kickback ?

Cheers Scott son ?

Career ending injury or catastrophic loss of form in the post for McKenna

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Watchin blackpool v Notts Forest and McKenna just played a lovely thru ball for Surridge to score. Come on EPL get him bought for £20million +. Forest are a good team.

More like AFC needs to get a bigger piece of the pie going forward. No more discounts. Offer bigger extensions so teams understand they gotta pay. 

1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

I’d imagine we’ve just about made nearly the full 6 million on McKenna now. Then 20% when he gets sold by forest, was a good deal in the end.

Sounds good. But to get where Cormack says he wants to be I'd say the middle man needs cut out in the future 

1 hour ago, pocrawred said:

Watchin blackpool v Notts Forest and McKenna just played a lovely thru ball for Surridge to score. Come on EPL get him bought for £20million +. Forest are a good team.

Let them get promoted first for the add ons, then sold for £20 million+

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Have we definitely got a promotion clause or are folk just speculating? 

Three main clauses you would expect would be sell on, promotion & appearance clauses. Would assume the appearance & promotion clause would be linked though. 
fk all if they get promoted & he hasn’t had enough appearances & probably a minimal appearance add on if he has enough but they fail promotion 

2 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Does anyone ever realise the sell on clause is based on profit rather than the whole fee? 

20% of the profit for example. (If it's 20% we have)

Not always the case but yes that is the norm.

Normally isn’t noticed by clubs like ours because we sell our players for such shit fees that the majority of any future sale is (would be) profit ?

McKenna on the score sheet yesterday, getting rave reviews from the fans and press. Up to third I think for Nottingham Forest now plus a game in hand. 

Might be a premiership player next season. Hopefully that means some sort of bonus for us or a big transfer fee incoming should someone make a move for him. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, Broken_Glass said:

McKenna on the score sheet yesterday, getting rave reviews from the fans and press. Up to third I think for Nottingham Forest now plus a game in hand. 

Might be a premiership player next season. Hopefully that means some sort of bonus for us or a big transfer fee incoming should someone make a move for him. 

Ideally both. We get the promotion % then we get the sale % later in the summer.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Even with modest fees for Ramsay Ferguson and McKenna money imagine what you could do with £4 or 5 million quid in the SPFL... (Assuming that the rest goes back in the club)...

Well what did we do with 5 million from Cosgrove & mckenna?

sign heaps of absolutely shite players, sack the management team and appoint 2 shite management teams since