The Mckenna Dilemma

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Supporting random English teams in the event that we might get some scraps from the table is a new low for us as a club. 

It's the reality of the financial gap that exists between Scottish and English clubs in modern day football we have to accept that. 

If Villa ends up selling John McGinn for tens of millions I doubt their fans will see that as a low for the "scraps" that would come their way for potentially 20% of the profit from the fee.

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

It's the reality of the financial gap that exists between Scottish and English clubs in modern day football we have to accept that. 

If Villa ends up selling John McGinn for tens of millions I doubt their fans will see that as a low for the "scraps" that would come their way for potentially 20% of the profit from the fee.

Ffs.  Its going to be a long night.

Aye, I agree, I shouldn't have used the phrase 'scraps'. 

• Upvote 1

Fair play to the lad. Seen a few of their Friday night games on TV this season and he's been decent. Man of the match in this game shows he can be a big game player as well.

Decent bonus for us and the bigger picture as well. Between McKenna, McLean and Shinnie to an extent we've shown that we have players who can compete at the top end of the Championship and make that push into the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

24 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Fantastic achievement for McKenna, richly deserved

TO think he was going to be on loan to Livi when he broke into our first team

Almost went the same way as his youth team defensive partner Michael Rose, who went on to prove AFC wrong.

To be fair, sometimes it’s just fate, timing etc etc correct place at the correct time. 

33 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Good for us,but definitely a pen for Huddersfield. 

Yep,  and robbed. 

On 5/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, The Cockney Don said:

Europa Conference League Final Roma win (90 mins)

Champions League Final : Real Madrid to lift the cup

English Championship Play-Off Final : Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest (Both Teams To Score).

9(and a half)/1.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Decent bonus for us and the bigger picture as well. Between McKenna, McLean and Shinnie to an extent we've shown that we have players who can compete at the top end of the Championship and make that push into the Premier League.

The same Shinnie that was bottom with Derby and moved to league 1 in January. ?

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

The same Shinnie that was bottom with Derby and moved to league 1 in January. ?

I initially thought he was there a season earlier than he was, when Derby finished 6th. He actually joined the next season when they finished 10th. Meh. Derby turned to shite after that off the pitch as much as on. I did say to an extent for Shinnie. Point still stands for the other 2 I suppose.

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I initially thought he was there a season earlier than he was, when Derby finished 6th. He actually joined the next season when they finished 10th. Meh. Derby turned to shite after that off the pitch as much as on. I did say to an extent for Shinnie. Point still stands for the other 2 I suppose.

He was unlucky because Lampard signed him then got the Chelsea gig straight afterwards. 

Cocu didn't play him for ages until they were in a bit of trouble then once he did get in the team he did quite well. 

Played most games under Rooney but players were being sold left, right and centre by the administrators. 

Can't seem to get into the Wigan team though so you'd think they would entertain any offers since they only paid £30k for him and have now been promoted. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was unlucky because Lampard signed him then got the Chelsea gig straight afterwards. 

Cocu didn't play him for ages until they were in a bit of trouble then once he did get in the team he did quite well. 

Played most games under Rooney but players were being sold left, right and centre by the administrators. 

Can't seem to get into the Wigan team though so you'd think they would entertain any offers since they only paid £30k for him and have now been promoted. 

Aye it's been a bit all over the shop for him down there. Sure he had the armband a few games as well.

Just happened to be on the underground early p.m as the Forest fans made their way on mass to Wembley.

Having banter with quite a few  about McKenna and me being a dons fan having a vested interest in them winning for the bonus payment.

They've really taken to him and hold him in high regard. Could potentially get a decent sell on fee with him in Premiership shop window now ?

6 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

Just happened to be on the underground early p.m as the Forest fans made their way on mass to Wembley.

Having banter with quite a few  about McKenna and me being a dons fan having a vested interest in them winning for the bonus payment.

They've really taken to him and hold him in high regard. Could potentially get a decent sell on fee with him in Premiership shop window now ?

That would suit Aberdeen superbly.

Mentioned his primary goal this season was proving @millertime wrong during his MOTM champagne interview...

Good news for us certainly if the rumoured windfall is to be believed!

Glad to see Forest going up... spent a lot of time at the City Ground over the years, while they were in league 1 and the championship.  Fantastic place to watch football.  A proper club with proper history.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Good news for us ?

Huddersfield can salve their anger over the non-penalites (and their own goal lol) by thinking of our windfall! ?

You know for a god fearing Christian, that’s not a very Christian response?, threats of violence as well to the green brigade regarding the use of a claw hammer to one’s skull?, minister wouldn’t be happy, Youl need to dig deep this week for the passy about purse that gets handed about for a bit of redemption, god is watching lol