The Mckenna Dilemma

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Supporting random English teams in the event that we might get some scraps from the table is a new low for us as a club. 

Had better get used to it as that’s the business model ourselves and every other club of similar size will be adopting moving forward.  I don’t support any English club but do hope that Forest win today.   If true, that we will get  £1m if they win then why wouldn’t we want Forest to win?   £1m certainly isn’t scraps for us and to be honest I quite like McKenna and hope the lad has a great career playing at a higher level. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Had better get used to it as that’s the business model ourselves and every other club of similar size will be adopting moving forward.  I don’t support any English club but do hope that Forest win today.   If true, that we will get  £1m if they win then why wouldn’t we want Forest to win?   £1m certainly isn’t scraps for us and to be honest I quite like McKenna and hope the lad has a great career playing at a higher level. 

Yeah I totally get it but find it a slightly depressing state of affairs. 

Where does it end? 

If Ramsay signs for Leeds are we supposed to want them to win games? 

If Ferguson goes to the Huns with bonus payments or sell ons attached are we supposed to hope he and his new team do well? 

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Any money we make today off the back of Forest going up will only cover what we probably expected to win in SPL prize money. Whilst we might not have budgeted for coming 3rd, we certainly wouldn't have expected to finish 10th.

Even if that is the case it’s still better to have it going into the summer than not. we finished 10th, that’s done. If this helps us finish higher next season then happy days 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where does it end? 

HERE 

If Ferguson goes to the Huns with bonus payments or sell ons attached are we supposed to hope he and his new team do well? 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Really don't see what you struggle with re things like this

It's another £1m into the pot for reinforcements 

Extra money is fine. Should the rumours in fact be true. 

But some seem to be looking forward to this game because we might get some cash more than they do supporting our own club in games so it just winds me up. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Supporting random English teams in the event that we might get some scraps from the table is a new low for us as a club. 

£1m (allegedly), or even if it’s a bit less, is hardly “scraps from the table”.

Even if it’s £500k, that’s a 2 year, £5k per week contract, or (by our standards) a chunky fee for a new player. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£1m (allegedly), or even if it’s a bit less, is hardly “scraps from the table”.

Even if it’s £500k, that’s a 2 year, £5k per week contract, or (by our standards) a chunky fee for a new player. 

Even if the rumours are true how do you know the money will be reinvested in the playing squad? 

A lot of assumptions being made here based on a sun article with zero substance to it. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Even if the rumours are true how do you know the money will be reinvested in the playing squad? 

A lot of assumptions being made here based on a sun article with zero substance to it. 

Irrespective of whether its reinvested into the playing squad or not, its an extra million we didn't have. It all helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well at very least it helps ‘protect’ the playing squad budget. 

original deal was £3m with potential add ons to £6m was it not ‘apparently’

Would assume appearance’s already met for championship.

would also assume there would be a promotion add on

Then likely an EPL appearances figure (maybe)

Finally a sell on % ?

none of those are outrageous‘assumptions’ 

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don’t know that. 

But it’s clearly good that up to a million quid might be coming in to the club. 

It certainly won’t be “crumbs” for us. 

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Will keep an eye out for the result today. Mental this would be the only success of season 21/22 if they go up 

Huns getting beat in Europe and the league was a laugh (ignoring that it was good for them that they got that far)

Remember - hate Huns more than aberdeen 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Extra money is fine. Should the rumours in fact be true. 

But some seem to be looking forward to this game because we might get some cash more than they do supporting our own club in games so it just winds me up. 

How, who are we playing today?

You're one of the good guys on here, but your beef with this particular issue is weird 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where does it end? 

If Leeds were playing in a particular match which would result in us getting more from the ramsay transfer, then, erm, yeah, we would want them to win?

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t know that. 

But it’s clearly good that up to a million quid might be coming in to the club. 

It certainly won’t be “crumbs” for us. 

Only place where a million has been mentioned was in that sun article which was clearly based on nothing of  substance. 

If we get a big sum of money then great but we should know better than to take stuff from the sun as gospel. 

It's this kind of blind faith that enabled Cormack to sell us his monorail in the first place. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Only place where a million has been mentioned was in that sun article which was clearly based on nothing of  substance. 

If we get a big sum of money then great but we should know better than to take stuff from the sun as gospel. 

It's this kind of blind faith that enabled Cormack to sell us his monorail in the first place. 

Not true