Lewis Ferguson

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Loved signing for the Dons and playing in the beginning. Our best player for several years. Has a dip in form and fans get on his back for being a hun and want rid of him despite being our best player and top goal scorer. Now he wants away as said fans have fucked it for him here. Same fans blame Ferguson for the team being shite.

Its embarrassing to admit to being an Aberdeen fan now. It really is. Chips on shoulders about everything, stuck in the 80’s and the most negative, abusive fans to our own players. 

Money solves a lot of things. Ole Money Bags Cormack could always offer a massive extension. Walk the walk

7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Now he wants away as he wants to play at a higher level and have as good a career as he can  

Fixed for you. Ferguson wanting to leave is fuck all to do with the fans giving him stick and if you think it is, you're clearly nae the sharpest. 

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fixed for you. Ferguson wanting to leave is fuck all to do with the fans giving him stick and if you think it is, you're clearly nae the sharpest. 

Just a coincidence they started booing him after he asked for a move?

Lewis Ferguson is a strange one.

He’s “good” at just about every aspect of modern midfield play, but not “outstanding” at any of them.

I’d say his level is top end Championship at a Norwich or a Sheffield United etc.

We will miss him when he goes.

After this summer window though, his value diminishes significantly & there’s no chance he’s  signing a new contract.

Come early-mid August, we need to be getting the bids up from £1.5m to £2.5m with add ons (Realistically they’re not going to go from a starting point of £1.5m to Calvin Ramsay levels), and then cash in, & re-invest. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lewis Ferguson is a strange one.

He’s “good” at just about every aspect of modern midfield play, but not “outstanding” at any of them.

I’d say his level is top end Championship at a Norwich or a Sheffield United etc.

We will miss him when he goes.

He's a much better player then Kenny McLean ever was IMO. He's a better player than John Fleck too. Both players who've been regular starters for those teams in the EPL. 

Ferguson is definitely good enough for a bottom half EPL club, I'd say. 

Agree that we'll miss him. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's a massive difference in quality between mid-table EPL sides and those in the top 4 or 5 in the Championship. So I think Ferguson could probably do a decent job at somewhere like Wolves or Southampton, although he'd probably be more of a squad player at least initially. Top end Championship would give him a better chance of being a regular starter. 

I do agree that if he does well wherever down south that der Hun will try to snap him up in a couple of years time

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He's a much better player then Kenny McLean ever was IMO. He's a better player than John Fleck too. Both players who've been regular starters for those teams in the EPL. 

Ferguson is definitely good enough for a bottom half EPL club, I'd say. 

Agree that we'll miss him. 

He’s nowhere near as good as McLean was…  granted McLean started slowly with us, but by the end, he was dictating games. 

Ferguson is a decent player at our level, but I’ve never seen him control a match, or dominate in the way McLean used to do towards the end of his spell. He was struggling to impact our bottom six matches at the end of last season.

Technically they are night and day too! 

Ferguson will have a good career in the championship I reckon. However he’s not good enough to play in the EPL.

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He’s nowhere near as good as McLean was…  granted McLean started slowly with us, but by the end, he was dictating games. 

Ferguson is a decent player at our level, but I’ve never seen him control a match, or dominate in the way McLean used to do towards the end of his spell. He was struggling to impact our bottom six matches at the end of last season.

Technically they are night and day too! 

Ferguson will have a good career in the championship I reckon. However he’s not good enough to play in the EPL.

He's a mile better than McLean. Not even a close. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Exactly. He's getting stick because he wants to leave. Not the other way around. 

Ha ha aye I should have probably read the first part of your post ?‍♂️

BHL in talking shite and slagging dons fans off shocker

8 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Fergusons our best player, no two ways about it, he scored 16 goals last season, wouldn't exactly call that a dip in form? The key information you're missing here is the transfer request, his dad being an utter fool about the Watford bid and slating Aberdeen at every turn but yeh its all on the fans, and also him going to seville to support rangers. 

Doesn’t matter who he supports. People need to get over this nonsense and lose the chips on their shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Ah yes, absolve yourself of any responsibility by denying it and calling others thick for pointing out the truth ??‍♂️

Kenny McLean wanted away, got away and then came back on loan and probably had his best season for us. I don’t remember him being abused whatsoever for it, do you? 

9 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

?

Ferguson is total clogger by comparison! McLean was a proper footballer.

Deary me. We'll see who has the better career. It certainly won't be Kenneth. 

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Ah yes, absolve yourself of any responsibility by denying it and calling others thick for pointing out the truth ??‍♂️

Why would I have responsibility? I've not given him any abuse. 

Kenny McLean wanted away, got away and then came back on loan and probably had his best season for us. I don’t remember him being abused whatsoever for it, do you? 

Kenny McLean signed a pre-contract and left. He didn't hand in a transfer request like Ferguson. 

The two situations are totally different. 

Doesn’t matter who he supports. People need to get over this nonsense and lose the chips on their shoulders. 

More excrement from you

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Deary me. We'll see who has the better career. It certainly won't be Kenneth. 

Why would I have responsibility? I've not given him any abuse. 

Kenny McLean signed a pre-contract and left. He didn't hand in a transfer request like Ferguson. 

The two situations are totally different. 

Did we not sell mclean with 6 months of his contract to go and he got loaned right back to us 

there is a lot of history rewriting about mclean since he left tho and I think he was great for us before I get slagged for that to 

Just now, Broken_Glass said:

I don't really think you can compare Kenny McLean and Lewis Ferguson. Only comparison for me is they're both midfielders.

Big fan of both.

Yes! Both great players but completely different. McLean didn’t have fergusons engine but in terms of technical ability, ferguson isn’t close. 

i think most folk don’t have a problem with ferguson wanting away. It’s just a difficult situation cause obviously no one else rates him enough to make a serious bid

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yes one was appreciated and the other hated and abused for having rangers connections and daring to go watch the team he supports. 

They both behaved very differently though. McLean signed for Norwich,  came back here for the final 6 months, kept his head down, didn't have anyone connected with him bad mouthing the club in the media and played good football then left with most folks best wishes as it was felt he'd handled the situation well. 

Ferguson put in a transfer request, his agent insinuated we had a gentleman's agreement to sell him to an English Premier league team for any price and his father was active in the media more or less claiming his son was being taken advantage of financially by the club. 

You could argue that Ferguson at best has been badly advised and supported by his agent and family. At worst he's been complicit and everything has been done with his blessing. 

Two very different ways to manage your exit from a club you'll surely admit? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They both behaved very differently though. McLean signed for Norwich,  came back here for the final 6 months, kept his head down, didn't have anyone connected with him bad mouthing the club in the media and played good football then left with most folks best wishes as it was felt he'd handled the situation well. 

Ferguson put in a transfer request, his agent insinuated we had a gentleman's agreement to sell him to an English Premier league team for any price and his father was active in the media more or less claiming his son was being taken advantage of financially by the club. 

You could argue that Ferguson at best has been badly advised and supported by his agent and family. At worst he's been complicit and everything has been done with his blessing. 

This.

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Mcinnes and his gentleman’s agreements, glad we’ve seen the back of them.

To be fair to McInnes, there has to be an appreciation on the part of the player and his agent that a move to a big club is subject to the money being right.

Ferguson's been a very good player for us and we'll definitely miss him when he leaves. His head's been filled with nonsense by his father & McMurdo. Never good to have an unhappy player about the place, best for all parties he moves on this summer.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe a premiership team came in for mclean he might of acted the same. I’m not in the know but did any come in for him.
When mclean was at Aberdeen in his last season he was called shit and not good enough for English premier league, he’s nothing but a hun he’s winding down his contract to go to them. Signed for norwich and it went 180 on him oh he’s really good we will miss him loads. 

• Like 1